Goodpasture @ Milan

mbsdude

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not give you a prediction because a game like this cannot be predicted. It all comes down to the team that wants it the most and makes the less mistakes. They say GP will roll over milan on the ground, but nobody has really been able to prove that all year so i cant show any favortism for GP. Milan's D may not be the biggest, fastest, or strongest but might possibly have the most heart. I look to see #50 D Lineman Kentrell Brooks aka Trell Bo to have a big game as usual. Stoppin the run, makin big plays, and gettin in the backfield every play is his specialty. Don't doubt the DOG or think they'll curl up and lay down because its not in their nature.. Good Luck to both teams at the Dog Pound Friday.. Expect the unexpected :thumb:

i have noticed that.............. last year in the state semifinals huningdon had more than twice as many fans as GP had........ and it is true they can't fill their own home games even in the CPA game they had many more fans than GP did..... thats a shame

Not too much disrespect intended, but it must be hard to count fans while listening to the radio, because you certainly couldn't have been at the GP-CPA game if you think that CPA had more fans than GP. GP had a very good fan attendance at last weeks game.

Coming from West Tennessee myself, (Jackson for the last 6 years) you West Tennessee fans need to show some class. First, the comments about neighbors and being neighborly - implying that fans from Middle Tennessee arent' neighborly, - now implying GP doesn't support their team.

Yes, there are differences in fans from small town who support the only HS in town, and fans from a larger metropolitan area. But its going to take more than fan support to win a game. I'll bet on a good defense any day.

I'm not downing GP's team because I think they have one heck of a team, but their fan support is pathetic to say the least. Huntingdon filled the visitor's stands and probably had 200 fans sitting on the GP side last year in Nashville. When you come to Milan you'll see something you haven't seen in a few years. Unlike GP when the players graduate they have no allegiance to the team other than hope that they win. When you play a school in a rural area like Milan everybody knows all the players and their dads and grandads played for them too. You can sit in a different seat each game and know all the people sitting around you and their children also. I went to the Gallatin-Ravenwood game a couple of weeks ago and sat between parents that had children playing and the parents didn't know each other. That's not the case here in West Tennessee.

For both teams this week is special. Having a short week at work and then enjoying Thanksgiving with family to talk about your team and the big game Friday night is great.

Playing the Bulldogs in Milan is tough. When the Bulldogs are average to a Milan fan then they are still one of the best teams around here in West Tennessee. Good luck to both teams. One hint for the GP players... "Tighten up that chinstrap"... :lol:

Boy you west Tennessee fans are really stuck-up on yourselves. You'd think west Tennesse was the only place that supported their teams. Show some class.

Good luck to both teams on Friday.

Not too much disrespect intended, but it must be hard to count fans while listening to the radio, because you certainly couldn't have been at the GP-CPA game if you think that CPA had more fans than GP. GP had a very good fan attendance at last weeks game.

Coming from West Tennessee myself, (Jackson for the last 6 years) you West Tennessee fans need to show some class. First, the comments about neighbors and being neighborly - implying that fans from Middle Tennessee arent' neighborly, - now implying GP doesn't support their team.

Yes, there are differences in fans from small town who support the only HS in town, and fans from a larger metropolitan area. But its going to take more than fan support to win a game. I'll bet on a good defense any day.

I don't know about the attendance at lasts weeks game between GP-CPA. All I can base my views on was last's years semi's at GP and the GP side was about half full. Must have been a flu bug going around Nashville that week.. :lol: As the playoffs progress then you will always see a bigger crowd because fans want to see a good high school game. I'm just saying if GP brings 250 fans then they will have a decent crowd. You'll be able to tell the Milan fans. They'll all be decked out in Purple.

The jab about being neighborly was back at a GP fan who joked that Huntingdon wasn't playing this week.... He can still come by, and yes, we will leave a light on for him. Goodpasture has a good squad. We found that out last year. Milan will show up and play though...

"The team that blocks and tackles best will win". Every time....

I don't know about the attendance at lasts weeks game between GP-CPA. All I can base my views on was last's years semi's at GP and the GP side was about half full. Must have been a flu bug going around Nashville that week.. :lol: As the playoffs progress then you will always see a bigger crowd because fans want to see a good high school game. I'm just saying if GP brings 250 fans then they will have a decent crowd. You'll be able to tell the Milan fans. They'll all be decked out in Purple.

The jab about being neighborly was back at a GP fan who joked that Huntingdon wasn't playing this week.... He can still come by, and yes, we will leave a light on for him. Goodpasture has a good squad. We found that out last year. Milan will show up and play though...

"The team that blocks and tackles best will win". Every time....

i may just stop by and see how neighborly everyone is, i bet they want even let me in the gate. if your gonna make stabs back at someone make sure you've read everything they have said. i'm pretty sure i apologized to everyone for what i said earlier on in the weekend because i hate waiting the whole week for the game and i was really pumped up. but if you want me to, i can go back and start ripping on a huntingdon team that just can't find a way to beat goodpasture

Edited by duece253