Goodpasture @ Milan

mbsdude

to fellow goodpasture fans, the tennessean polls came out today for top ten teams in the larger mid-state area (large enough for henry co. to crack the list). i was shocked to see that in a victory we moved down from third to fifth still behind BA, and Riverdale (who lost), and now also Smyrna, and Hillsboro. the quote was something to the tune of, offense struggles but solid defense does it's job in victory over solid CPA team.

Questions:

1) How do you drop two spots in a poll beating a top ten team (CPA was ranked ten going in) for the second time in a year by double digits both times? (if this happened, hypethitically, in the BCS, this would be the biggest outrage of the year by far, #3 beating #10 by double digits and dropping to #5)

2) I know that people expect 500 yards a night out of our offense, but how is 350+ considered struggling against a top ten team?

I am thinking because CPA held your first team scoreless for two consecutive quarters ( which has not been done all year) might be the reason for that statement. But your defense did it's job for sure.

I will be pulling for you Friday night. Good Luck.

Edited by FBGIRL

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go by Sonny Moore's Poll it is more accurate! :lol:

-BlountCountySportsFan

You're assuming both Goodpasture and Alcoa are going to win. Polls may be a guide, but there's a reason they play the games on Friday night. Why don't you wait till Saturday morning till you decide how bad Alcoa is going to beat Goodpasture. Both teams have to get through Friday night.

goodpasture's fan base is so horrible because nobody outside the football team supports the football team.... but we may have a record number of fans at an away game friday............ climbing to nearly one hundred cougar fans :thumb:

'We may have"???

on the 18th you said "with the size of milans line and their speed I don't know how goodpasture would be favored...... they are bigger and faster than GP... and yes benji cunningham is THAT fast"

Somehow with comments like this its seems hard pressed that you can pass yourself off as a GP fan referring to "we" in your last post. 100 fans at an away game???? What's with that? There here hundreds of GP fans at the CPA game. The visitor bleachers were packed with standing room only all over the place.

As for Friday? 140 miles, day after Thanksgiving. It will be interesting to see how many GP fans make the trip, compared to a local game for Milan, they'll be there in droves -no doubt.

After watching Alcoa and Maryville play football for many years, I'd say I've got a very good eye for Championship level football.

Blount County........Thats 16 state football championships!

8 championships since `2000.........AND 2 of Alcoa's Championships went thru Goodpasture! (2000,2005)

-BlountCountySportsFan

and goodpasture's 2001 title went thru Alcoa

People are forgetting the history between these two teams ..... They met in the second round of the playoffs in 1993 and 1994 ... with Milan shutting out GP 34-0, and 28-0 respectively both games were played at Milan ..... I was there I actually played three plays in the second half for GP before getting a concussion.

Have not seen Milan this year, but have coached against GP and seen them play last week against CPA ...... This game should be a dandy

"our fastest player, and he's the fastest player i have seen all year (chased down Golden Tate) is benjamin cunningham #24 for us. i would say that he runs a mid 4.4 and he is by far our fastest player and probably close to tops in state (fastest i have ever seen at goodpasture, yes faster than marcus buggs or maurice haynes) - give me a little respect please by checking out the numbers at the link and then realize why a 4.5 is fast"

After seeing this quote and playing with Maurice ... I dont believe this to be accurate, I have seen this kid play and while he might run a faster 40 than Maurice, but his in-game speed is not a fast as Haynes or Buggs ........ Cunningham is a terrific talent and good player .... but the quote above is inaccurate ....

Good Luck to both teams ..... I will be in Carthage watching Smith County and Alcoa

please don't call my quoting inaccurate my good sir, i've seen everyone of them in almost every game they have ever played for the cougars and this is an accurate assesment, but i appreciate your input

Edited by duece253

would someone please tell BCsportsfan that we don't give a darn about what his teams have done. if you want to put it that why i am going to start calling myself DCsportsfan and start pulling for every team in Davidson County. we are really tired of you here on the GOODPASTURE @ MILAN board. go away, you have no friends