Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To MP fans and players:

U guys have an amazing opprutunity, the same thing i had last year. Last year we thought Union City wasnt any good, we thought we had a birth to State locked up. Dont go into this game like that, the west is strong. They have good teams, and JCS is a very good team. Dont overlook them, or u will be sitting on the sidelines w/ me come Dec 1st. I really hope u guys go all the way, and u can do it, but u have to work hard.

IF u go to state i will be there, cheering u on, and i will even sit w/ u MP fans lol!!! I would love to meet u guys w/o me crying lol. So go win this Friday!!!!

I saw somewhere someone said that the winner of the JB MP game would go to the state. Could be someone from the west just trying to make the winner overconfident. I agree we can't overlook JCS. They beat a McKenzie team that beat MP in a scrimmage this fall. JCS no doubt has a great team and one that MP must prepare for with hard work. Tigers Work Hard! Play Harder!! Prepare Well!!!

a question was asked earlier what type team JCS was...we run a spread offense...about half ace backfield, half empty backfield...we have a senior QB who makes good decisions...we have a couple of backs who alternate in backfield...good recievers...our line is not the biggest by far that you will have played or the most physical...but they play with alot of heart and somehow get the job done...on defense we run a 4-4 and some 5-3...we have quick linebackers who are good tacklers...we have a defensive line that on given nights is really good...we are pretty strong in the secondary...overall we have much better than average team speed...not sure how it will compare tot he teams in Middle Tenn you have played...

I've read all 7 of these pages, and have yet to see anything else about any other player on Mt. Pleasant besides Marco Daily....He is good, but please give me some other players I can look out for? Or maybe how big is their line's size?...Not trying to sound rude or anything, I just wanted to know more about Mt. Pleasant since I've heard everything else about Marco Daily.....

Now I would like to say Good Luck to JCS, and way to Represent the West well!!!

Go out and get a win, and Go after a Gold Ball!!!!

I haven't even seen one name of a JC player.

as for the Daily, Springer comparison that keeps poping up...it's probably fair to say few on this board have seen them both play this year...it is also fair to say they are both incredible atheletes who can beat you regardless of which is better...Springer was a handful last week and I am certain Daily will be this week...Daily certainly has better stats...while Springers are stats to be proud of as well...comparing is always hard anyway as they have faced different teqams, had different lines blocking etc...I will say this...they are both good enough to play on Saturdays...and among the best in 1A football...

we do want to win games...as I am sure you do...and I do beleive God has plans for us all...including MP...if he plans for us to end this Friday night or go all the way that is what I want...my inference was we want God's will for our team...I meant no disrespect to MP...if God has plans for them to win state that is what we want...our team has decided to give God the glory and do his will...nothing more was meant form my comment other than to re-enforce that thought...I pray the same for your young men...God has plans for them as a team and each of them individually and we would want those plans to be realized in their lives...again if my comment came accross wrong I apologize...I do not think we have an advantage by being a christian school or that your squad doesn't have christian young men playing on it...I admire that our coaches chose early in the season to tell our young men that the real game of life was the most important and have used football as a tool to teach that lesson...your coaches may be doing the very same thing...my comments simply reflect where my heart is...that God's will be lived out in the young mens live...from both teams...granted I am a JCS fan and spend more time with our kids so I know them better and compliment their lives more...but I am certain you have the same things occurring on your team

Edited by JaxMan

I think that we are in for a real treat Friday night...I look forward to seeing Daily...I look forward to seeing that high powered offense of MP...I hope our boys are ready...it should be another struggle as last week was if we play well

you normally don't expect the kind of numbers Daily puts up from the QB position...what type of runs deos he typically employ...student baody sweeps or options or when he breaks the pocket?

I haven't even seen one name of a JC player.

Exactly, No JCS player compares to Marco Daily, so why would they want to disgrace his name by putting one of their players here....no i play....Here is a few players for JCS you can look out for....

Clay Fowler (QB)

Will Johnson(RB)

Blake Taylor (WR)

Tanner Perkins (WR)

Isaac Grizzel (WR)

Rashad Rayner (RB)

All of which contribute.....I left out some, mainly because I'm not as familiar with JCS than most of the fans, so JCS fans help me out....Give some stats if possible....

This will be a great game, and we all pray for no injuries. Good luck to JCS!!

JCS 31

MP 28