Mt. Pleasant @ Jackson Christian

wuzMP63

bottom line is this...MP has a great team...they lost Friday night...but if we played again they are good enough they might win...MP has nothing to be ashamed of...if JCS had fans heckle any player or fan I truely am sorry...that is not what our program has been about this year...but we like all schools have a few fans who do not act as we wish they would...we also have a few fans who talk trash on this and other message boards and I am sorry for that as well...I have nothing but respect for the quality of program MP has and for the ability of Daily...I am proud of our young men but hope no one lets that pride go to their head...we still have work to do...FCS will be a hard game...and win or lose our motto all year has been to give glory to God...to the JCS fans...talking trash on here or at the field is taking away from what our team is all about...this is about them not us...lets let them reflect God and not let our pride get in the way...to MP players and fans...hold your head up...your a great team...you represented all of middle Tenn well...you made school history by making the semi's...good luck next year...

Edited by JaxMan

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed :thumb: Not about the whining part, maybe we can call it one way complaining. Look.. To all the JCS fans showing the respect that you are, Thank You, it shows you are really trying to live right by not being TOO prideful. To all the ones who are not, just keep on beating your chest fellas, you've got one more game to go and FCS is not going to be a pushover. A loss is very well possible to you guys also. And if a loss does happen, are you going to be able to swallow that pride in good fashion and make NO EXCUSES or you want me to come back and call you guys a bunch of whine bags too when the complaints and excuses start posting. What comes around goes around. :lol:

Amen brother it is tough to swallow and not just on the senior's but for the parent's also ,,,,i know it still bother's me that mpt beat Jbhs ,,,,but that's life like thay say on any given fri, nite so all i can to all yall mpt fan's and player's. is be thankful for what ya did this season as i am in our team. hold your head's high,,,, and if you come back to the dungeon this year hope to see all the good people i have met in the past :lol:

Amen brother it is tough to swallow and not just on the senior's but for the parent's also ,,,,i know it still bother's me that mpt beat Jbhs ,,,,but that's life like thay say on any given fri, nite so all i can to all yall mpt fan's and player's. is be thankful for what ya did this season as i am in our team. hold your head's high,,,, and if you come back to the dungeon this year hope to see all the good people i have met in the past :thumb:

Logger I cant tell you how much the clean rivalry between MP and JB is such a good spirited contest and one that is well respected by both schools. After going to a "Christian" school and hearing "not just a few" fans just utterly and totally go after a 16 year old kid was disgusting. Obviously the scriptures posted on the field and the fence row was only targeted to the low lifes of Mt. Pleasant and nobody from Jackson. Now that is off my chest I feel a whole lot better. To the football team of JCS you guys played awesome and totally dominated. MP didnt have an answer. Congrats to your team and good luck in the final.

Wow, mphstigerfan I've watched you post on Coacht all year and always with a lot of class and a lot of fun trash talk. But that last line in your post was totally uncalled for and a real embarassment for a really great MP football team. I don't know if JC is that much better or if MP had an off night. It happens to all of them as you can see by all the #4 seed victorys over #! this year. Also remember it is preceived by the Maury, Marshall, Bedford, and Giles Co schools that MP gets all the players that can't make the Columbia Central team.

Well they can perceive what ever they want but we get no left overs from Central. A starter from there may be able to set on our bench though, if he works real hard. I know of only one kid that came to school from Columbia and he wasn't able to play for the team this year because he couldn't be cleared.

As this thread has degenerated into another public v private debate, I would ask that a moderator shut this thread down as nothing positive is being accomplished.

Two fine football teams met in Jackson last Friday night. JCS happened to win. Let's now move on.

I agree but lets not throw up scriptures everywhere and then totally rip on 16 year old kids from the opposing team. Double standard here.

I agree but lets not throw up scriptures everywhere and then totally rip on 16 year old kids from the opposing team. Double standard here.

I have no idea what you are talking about with what you are referring to. I did not see or hear any JCS folks taking shots at anyone on your team. Not saying that something might not have been said, but I sure did not hear it. Besides, I would be willing to bet that it worked both ways as well. Anyway, Mt. Pleasant had a good team and a fine season. They just happened to have ran into a buzzsaw on Friday. As a football player so many years ago, I can vividly remember being on the receiving end of what happened to the Tigers on Friday. Keep your chins up and good luck next season. You have the talent to go along way.

I have no idea what you are talking about with what you are referring to. I did not see or hear any JCS folks taking shots at anyone on your team. Not saying that something might not have been said, but I sure did not hear it. Besides, I would be willing to bet that it worked both ways as well. Anyway, Mt. Pleasant had a good team and a fine season. They just happened to have ran into a buzzsaw on Friday. As a football player so many years ago, I can vividly remember being on the receiving end of what happened to the Tigers on Friday. Keep your chins up and good luck next season. You have the talent to go along way.

Its really funny you didnt hear it. One of the main guys doing it sat right beneath an open window of the press box. You could hear him thru the radio broadcast.

I was setting on the next to top row left of press box and never heard anyone heckle #12 or anyone else from MtP. However if that happen then i am sorry. I have never known that kind of stuff to go on at the games before if so its just one person so do not judge all of use because of one fat mouth moron. Now, MTP has a great team that i know yall are proud of. Good luck next year.

GO EAGLES!!!!!

bottom line is this...MP has a great team...they lost Friday night...but if we played again they are good enough they might win...MP has nothing to be ashamed of...if JCS had fans heckle any player or fan I truely am sorry...that is not what our program has been about this year...but we like all schools have a few fans who do not act as we wish they would...we also have a few fans who talk trash on this and other message boards and I am sorry for that as well...I have nothing but respect for the quality of program MP has and for the ability of Daily...I am proud of our young men but hope no one lets that pride go to their head...we still have work to do...FCS will be a hard game...and win or lose our motto all year has been to give glory to God...to the JCS fans...talking trash on here or at the field is taking away from what our team is all about...this is about them not us...lets let them reflect God and not let our pride get in the way...to MP players and fans...hold your head up...your a great team...you represented all of middle Tenn well...you made school history by making the semi's...good luck next year...

To you JaxMan, the JCS team, and all the other respectable JCS fans, GOOD LUCK in the Boro :lol:

Edited by Big Bigby