Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale had 306 total yards of offense last week. Smyrna had 196 yards of total offense. The difference in the game is Riverdale fumbling in the redzone twice... Kudos to Smyrna though but I really wouldn't say holding Riverdale to 306 total yards stopping them...

yea they had 306 yards.... and we held them under there usual average which is like 390 yrds per game. but enough with riverdale its dun and over with i just cant wait till this friday. its going to be another long week waiting for this one hope yall bring a big croud because i love the loud and electified atmosphere.

Ok the fact that you think the Bulldogs have the speed advantage makes me HAPPY! And the other stupid thing you said is that the Owls don't respect them. The fact that we are in the Semifinals of the playoffs make everyone RESPECT everyone else. And the overlooking part people are mentioning is crazy too. I don't think either team would OVERLOOK the other since there are only two games left. Soooo go to the game friday and enjoy! It will be a great game. :P

Smyrna, they don't respect you guys, I can sense it in their posts!!! I want Ravenwood and Smyrna to represent this week to prove, FOR ABOUT THE SEVENTH STRAIGHT YEAR, that the best football is played in the Nashville Metropolitan Area, and particularly in Southern Davidson, Williamson, and Rutherford Counties. Put it to Ooltewah. I really think the Bulldogs have an advantage in the speed department across the board in this game. Ooltewah has some players that can really run, but Smyrna has them across the board when you talk about Rod, Crouch, Maceo, Antoine, Jonah, etc. I think Sonny can have an effective game passing against these guys, I really do.

Riverdale had 306 total yards of offense last week. Smyrna had 196 yards of total offense. The difference in the game is Riverdale fumbling in the redzone twice... Kudos to Smyrna though but I really wouldn't say holding Riverdale to 306 total yards stopping them...

Yea and fumbles are a part of the game of football. It's not like the wind blew the ball out of their hands. Smyrna's defense forced those fumbles. They earned those turnovers and Riverdale got what they deserved for not taking care of the football better.

One thing about the Smyrna visitor’s side field for the Owls, the stands are between the 40’s. It is very tall. It all concrete slab, no seats. If you like to stand during the game, you’re in luck. If you like to sit up top, it is very high, almost nose bleed. Take a chair if you like to sit up on the top row. Extra metal bleachers for overflow crowds are situated to the right of the concrete bleachers, on the track. Smyrna will coordinate your parking. If you don’t come early, grass field parking is available. It takes a long time to get out, be patient and enjoy the game.

If you want to eat before the game, take I-24, Murfreesboro 3rd exit -78B – right or Smyrna Sam Ridley Exit 66 – right or left, one exit beyond Almaville Road Exit 70 – right, to Smyrna a High School. I would suggest eating of Smyrna Exit 66 due to holiday shopping on the Murfreesboro exit.

Ok! Since I am a Smyrna grad (79) I am pulling for my Bulldogs with all my heart and soul. But, since I now live in east TN I will pass on to the Bulldog crowd over there. Keep it in focus.. you have NOT played anyone like the Owls in a long time. Watch your film and get to know each players actions on the field! Be proactive not reactive with your plays. With that said I wish the best for both groups of young men and their coaches. And hope the fans will let the players enjoy the time of their lives without screwing it up by being jerks towards each other. GO DOGS!!

I reviewed some video of Smyrna. The qb is tough and he's got some good receivers--very athletic--who will give Ooltewah's secondary some trouble.

Two decent running backs, although no one with the speed and big play explosiveness of Marshall. They have made some vast improvements on defense since earlier in the year.

This ought to be a really good game. Both teams have made some great adjustments and both teams are on a roll.

WOW!!! I am still SO happy that we finally beat Riverdale. Great job defense. You guys really are the best!! And great job offense! Sonny did some great throwing. their was some great running out their too! I am SOOO PROUND OF ALLLL OF THE GUYS NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENEDS!!!!! You guys are the greatest!!!! Lets keep fighting and pull out a victory again!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

SIC'EM SENIORS!!!!!!!!

Edited by aquadawg

No, Ooltewah fans have no problem sitting on the other side and cheering, even at their home stadium.

Okay this is just like talking to R'dale fans on here!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? GO BACK AND READ WHAT I PUT AFTER WHAT YOU QUOTED!!!!! IT SAYS...

JUST MESSING WITH YA! :lol: EVEN WITH THE SMILELY FACE... IT WAS A JOKE. I WAS TRYING TO BE FRIENDLY AND ANSWER SOMEONE'S QUESTION.

TRUST ME WE COULD CARE LESS IF YOU SIT ON OUR SIDE, ALL WE ASK IS THAT YOU BE RESPECTFUL AND DON'T ACT LIKE A BUNCH OF FOOLS. LIKE OTHER TEAMS AROUND THE AREA WHO SIT ON THE OPPOSING TEAMS SIDE...