Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Smyrna lose to Riverdale 49-0? Not trying to be a butt, just wanting to know the reasons...

Well I retract my statments to Cat.... people from Smyrna have just as many excuses as anyone else! :rolleyes: Seriously though, you can ask the coach himself from Smyrna, it isn't anything that anyone has put on here except the team just didn't show up. It wasn't some mysterious play or plan R'dale had that Smyrna coudn't read or do. They just didn't show up.

This is the exact reason... Smyrna was running some 3 dlimeman at first which you can not do against riverdale.. then Riverdale just pounded it to the outside everytime... we couldn't do a thing bout it... but hey I know it look bad on a stat sheet or going through a schedule and seeing a 49-0 score but it didnt do anything but help us.. after that week we adjusted and tried new things and they have worked... Riverdale tried to run to the outside friday but they weren't really successful.. I mean yea they might have broke a couple to the outside I mean who isn't they run the ball 9000 times a game... but not nearly as much the first game.. they beat us down in the regular season and embarresed the team and te coaches.. we came in with more pride this time and we were going to try are hardest for that not to be the seniors last game.. they have worked to hard for it to stop there.. Who was the Owls toughest opponet this year??? what were some of the things they did

The Owls toughest games were William Blount and first game with Farragut, IMO. In both games Ooltewah made several mistakes that made the games closer than they should have been. Against Blount the Owls fumbled a punt return around the 10 yard line and gave them a short field for one of their scores. They also had the ball inside our 35 like 4 times in the second half and were stopped by the "D" all 4 times. They had a powerful running back, Walker, maybe the best back we played against all year. Our offense was OK that night but not great. We scored on a long drive aided by three penalties to score the winning TD in the last 2 minutes of the game. The Blount fans will say they were bad calls, I didn't think so, but hey I am an Owl fan. Against Farragut in the regular season, we missed sacks on their QB several times on 3rd and forever, only to watch him scramble and complete passes to prolong drives and get points. The final was 30-28 but the game was not that close, their last TD was scored with less than a minute to play. They scored two 4th quarter TD's to make it that close. The Owls have improved alot since those two games. They have cut down on turnovers and penalties, learned from their mistakes. This team is steady, confident, and hungry. I Don't think any team still playing has gotten where they are by luck. Conrats on Smyrna's big win Friday, they must be playing very well right now also. Looking forward to a great game Friday! Go Owls.

Okay Cat this is just getting too easy to predict! :rolleyes:

This is really no different than what the Smyrna fans are doing--what is your point? I have seen several Bulldog fans explain away their smashing at the hands of Riverdale by saying that they completely changed defensive schemes and are now a much better team.

That is really how one debates--point and counter point. But it does sound like both sides are participating; both are predictable. But that is the point of the boards. I would rather see these discussion regarding the facts, just like these latest points have been. It's the personal attacks I get tired of.

The Owls toughest games were William Blount and first game with Farragut, IMO. In both games Ooltewah made several mistakes that made the games closer than they should have been. Against Blount the Owls fumbled a punt return around the 10 yard line and gave them a short field for one of their scores. They also had the ball inside our 35 like 4 times in the second half and were stopped by the "D" all 4 times. They had a powerful running back, Walker, maybe the best back we played against all year. Our offense was OK that night but not great. We scored on a long drive aided by three penalties to score the winning TD in the last 2 minutes of the game. The Blount fans will say they were bad calls, I didn't think so, but hey I am an Owl fan. Against Farragut in the regular season, we missed sacks on their QB several times on 3rd and forever, only to watch him scramble and complete passes to prolong drives and get points. The final was 30-28 but the game was not that close, their last TD was scored with less than a minute to play. They scored two 4th quarter TD's to make it that close. The Owls have improved alot since those two games. They have cut down on turnovers and penalties, learned from their mistakes. This team is steady, confident, and hungry. I Don't think any team still playing has gotten where they are by luck. Conrats on Smyrna's big win Friday, they must be playing very well right now also. Looking forward to a great game Friday! Go Owls.

I was at that game, and walked down to the corner of the field to watch the finish. I thought Ooltewah was going to take it on the chin. But they fought and came back. But if you are objective you have to admit that every call went Ooltewah's way. In fact, I looked over to my wife and said, "Man, the William Blount fans are going to be furious about those calls on that last drive." Ooltewah got a gift horse that night; they were very fortunate to come away with a win. That was one they should have lost. But you know what, good teams find a way to win; and the Owls just grinded that one out all the way to the waning seconds.

I would give both Farragut and William Blount credit. They were very good teams and they had massive front lines, which gave Ooltewah a little trouble. After watching some Smyrna game films, it appears that their backs are not as good as Walker, Sterling or McDermott (McMinn), but they have an effective passing attack and that could give Ooltewah trouble.

good thread so far

a good geal of back and forth with a little smack thrown in which is fine

(the nerve of folks to think their team will win)

I have also seen a lot of actual discusion about each teams strngth and weaknesses through out the season

but the facts are simple

There are no upsets this time of year one team may be the under dog (smyrna) but when you reach this point your team has won some tough games and you have proved you have a right to be here

and plus it really is hard to hate a team that until a couple days ago you didn't even know one thing about other than they are from somewhere around chattanooga and I am sure they fell the same way

I know it has been pointed out on here you can go to

www.storkmontgomery.com and see some video of some of our players

qb - sonny gray

wr- rod wilks

rb - antoine hendricks

and maybe some others

Is there anywhere you can find any ooltewah video?

We will be making plans all week to accomadate the crowd in seating and concessions.

Do you realize how hard it is to get supplies when

you know this is the last home game and you can't use extra stuff the next week etc

you have no idea how big the crowd will be on a holiday weekend

a lot of the suppliers are either closed or will not deliver after tuesday

however there are a lot of good folks working behind the scenes to do whatever it takes to get it done

As of yesterday morning its all about this game this week

heard coach shad said 2 words before the riverdale game and from this point on all my smyrna post will end with those simple words

I BELIEVE

After watching the highlight videos, I can pronounce one thing.

I'm glad Ooltewah doesn't have such awful tackling as the teams in those videos.

And all those times where the guys couldn't get to the QB in time, and Sonny stayed in the pocket to make a big throw? Ooltewah's faster than those guys.

So far from what I'm seeing this is just like the Sevier County game. Like, every bit of it.

I think Smyrna may break the streak of 14 against Ooltewah in the Playoffs on some long passes, but I don't think they have the overall speed, talent, or linesmen to win.

your crazy if you don't think smyrna has a chance. sonny has great awareness and he has crouch (whom everyone over looks) and wilks to throw to

Let me tell you something. OWLBINO is the poster for our team that ALWAYS CROWS. It wouldn't matter if we were playing the COLTS he would say we were gonna win BIG. Every team has a poster like that. OF COURSE Smyrna has a chance to win. Like I saw in another post. There are no underdogs when you get this far. I predict a very close well fought game. And believe me, I am thebiggest OWL fan around and I am worried. Do I think we have a good enough team to win. YES. Am I sure we will? NO WAY. That remains to be seen. I and alot of other fans will be there. GO OWLS! l

your crazy if you don't think smyrna has a chance. sonny has great awareness and he has crouch (whom everyone over looks) and wilks to throw to

This is really no different than what the Smyrna fans are doing--what is your point? I have seen several Bulldog fans explain away their smashing at the hands of Riverdale by saying that they completely changed defensive schemes and are now a much better team.

That is really how one debates--point and counter point. But it does sound like both sides are participating; both are predictable. But that is the point of the boards. I would rather see these discussion regarding the facts, just like these latest points have been. It's the personal attacks I get tired of.

Please go back a couple of pages and re-read where I said to ImaOWL, "I retract my statement to Cat, Smyrna people are jsut as bad. :thumb: "

PLEASE, AGAIN, read whatelse I post BEFORE making comments. This is silly..... :thumb: