Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, sweet. After seeing all the stats, I have no doubt Ooltewah will win.

Balanced offenses don't work against Ooltewah, they kill the run.

Huge linemen don't matter, Farragut averaged 6-4 280.

Smyrna seems to play some people both ways, Ooltewah has great depth.

The only thing they should be able to do is pass pretty well, but I think we'll overcome that.

Stats hardly matter at this point. Just ask just1np of the Green Wave who was pulling up stats before the Gallatin/Ravenwood game that basically said Ravenwood would get drilled. As for this game, I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for. Good luck to both teams on Friday and congrats for getting this far.

I think the owls win in this one. They've been rolling all year long. Devilfanatic are you really going to the game? I might have to ride along to watch my old alma mater. :unsure:

hey smyrna fans where have we heard that before??

wow another team that is on a roll

Stats hardly matter at this point. Just ask just1np of the Green Wave who was pulling up stats before the Gallatin/Ravenwood game that basically said Ravenwood would get drilled. As for this game, I'm not sure who I'll be rooting for. Good luck to both teams on Friday and congrats for getting this far.

I don't put too much faith in that game due to the starting QB for Gallatin being out. But, you guys know how to win in the playoffs, and that's bigger than stats sometimes.

Edited by Owlbino

Anybody in the semi's in on a roll.... Quit trying to play the underdog...

We can't help it. MOST people just hate us and want us to lose and we are stuck with that underdog status no matter who we play. Heck, we were even underdogs when we had to play Oakland and Lebanon because we had just lost to R'dale 49-0 and looked vulnerable but that is understandable to be considered vulnerable after getting blown out like that.

Remember back in the spring..... George Mason was still the underdog in the final four of the tourny after defeating North Carolina and #1 ranked UConn.

Edited by jmu031

Underdogs when yall played us? Guess you didn't read the predictions in the DNJ On the Line.... Not to mention Cal Preps had yall beating us...... and in our Pick Em contest on here nearly everyone picked Smyrna....... So, exactly WHERE were yall considered the underdogs?

Edited by 2priceless

Remember back in the spring..... George Mason was still the underdog in the final four of the tourny after defeating North Carolina and #1 ranked UConn.

so are you saying that you aren't the caliber of team that Ooltewah is, and you are just on a lucky roll? George Mason should have been the underdog in the final 4, they were not near as good as the other teams that were there, is that what you are saying, that your team isn't near as good as Ooltewah?

Underdogs when yall played us? Guess you didn't read the predictions in the DNJ On the Line.... Not to mention Cal Preps had yall beating us...... and in our Pick Em contest on here nearly everyone picked Smyrna....... So, exactly WHERE were yall considered the underdogs?

Different posters on coacht

so are you saying that you aren't the caliber of team that Ooltewah is, and you are just on a lucky roll? George Mason should have been the underdog in the final 4, they were not near as good as the other teams that were there, is that what you are saying, that your team isn't near as good as Ooltewah?

Sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant that you can be in the final four and still be considered an underdog by people.

We can't help it. MOST people just hate us and want us to lose and we are stuck with that underdog status no matter who we play. Heck, we were even underdogs when we had to play Oakland and Lebanon because we had just lost to R'dale 49-0 and looked vulnerable but that is understandable to be considered vulnerable after getting blown out like that.

Why do all the other posters/schools hate you? I'm not sure why so many people would want Smyrna to lose. Seems interesting to me. Most of the time we don't have people hating us unless we give them a reason. Now, I understand someone hating Riverdale, because they have had so much success--a better word for that would be jealousy. It's hard to hate teams like Ooltewah and Smyrna, who are sort of rookies when it comes to making it this far in the playoffs.

I guess since I am not from middle Tennessee, I don't hear all of that stuff. Both of these teams have a lot to play for, and it appears, since they made it this far in the playoffs, that they must be pretty good. I think it is perfectly fine for both schools and their fans to brag on their success, and to display confidence about what their team may accomplish. From what I can see, both schools' posters seem confident in their ability to win this game. So, no one is overlooking anyone, and no one feels they are superior to the other. It's just a bunch of posters believing their team can win.

All this stuff about being the underdog is just a way to psychologically prepare yourself for losing. You see if you are the underdog you don't lose either way--if you win you weren't supposed to and if you lose you were supposed to. So, in effect, you lower your expectations, so it won't hurt if you lose. Why don't you just have some fun cranking up your team. No one from Ooltewah really knows much about you, so they can't hate you, and they really can't prove how good or how bad you are. It's all opinion, as it is when you comment about the Owls.

Again, good luck to both teams.