Ooltewah @ Smyrna

Owlbino

this is true but if i recall ur the one that made the big deal about coach being in front of his name. not him...he was expressing his oppinion he isnt a football coach so dont bash him

Well, as happens very often on these posts, people only read what they want. If you look at my post in it's entirety, you will see that I was simply trying to explain that I agreed with your coach that the game has to be played and that's why they sell tickets.

I was simply indicating that those of us who have been in the coaching profession don't have any more insight into these opinions than the others who are posting. Also, these posters are not going to make a difference in this game. It is going to be the play on the field. Follow all my posts and you will see that I have posted with support for both sides.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a little INFO for you fans out there. These stats are from the past 3 games in the playoffs. Very interesting....

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Sonny Gray 15-26-1-148 vs. coffee county

Sonny Gray 8-17-2-69 vs. LaVergne

Sonny Gray 3-8-1-92 vs. Riverdale

Total 26-51-4-306 51% eff. (4 INT's)

Jeremy Woods 10-14-0-230 vs. Science Hill

Jeremy Woods 7-12-0-87 vs. Sevier County

Jeremy Woods 8-8-0-124 vs. Farragut

Total 25-34-0-441 74% eff. (0 INT's)

The one thing that sticks out is the efficiency and INT's.

What is everyone's take on this?

Imaowl are you on the team because you are very cocky. Lets see what happens on Friday to see if u still are talking them up. :ph34r:

Stop number 5? fine, then stop #1,#7,#31,#14,#8,#44 avg. more than 5 yards a carry and 10 yds a catch then you have a chance.

Sure the line lacks size but id take them over your S-O-F-T offensive line.

Disrespect no, Ooltewah take every opponet seriously.

Perfect practice? what the heck is that soppose to mean?

D line had 3 sacks for 30 yardsand 3 INTS for the secondary against Farragut.

Owls have only had one back rush for more than 100 yards all season.

Smyrna wins by 20? YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Just remeber you got your tail kicked 49-0 and barely squeeked by Oakland so you have no room to talk. And trust me kid, this will be the toughest game that you have EVER played. Be prepared to get a taste of #20 and #5 because you will be seeing RED after the game, punk.

1. There are no stats for Linemen, unless you can tell me the number of sacks in the game I guess.

2. 2 interceptions. Not three.

3. 3 100 yard rushers. A better stat would've been 229.5 Yards per game for the opposition.

Calling him a punk is a nice touch though, just fixing your numbers.

I love ImaOwl's stats though. They definately solidify the win for Ooltewah in my mind. Just like last week, the week before, and all the weeks before that besides the William Blount game, we're the better team.

1. There are no stats for Linemen, unless you can tell me the number of sacks in the game I guess.

2. 2 interceptions. Not three.

3. 3 100 yard rushers. A better stat would've been 229.5 Yards per game for the opposition.

Calling him a punk is a nice touch though, just fixing your numbers.

I love ImaOwl's stats though. They definately solidify the win for Ooltewah in my mind. Just like last week, the week before, and all the weeks before that besides the William Blount game, we're the better team.

2 100 yard rushers...

Imaowl are you on the team because you are very cocky. Lets see what happens on Friday to see if u still are talking them up. :ph34r:

Nope! I don't play anymore. I have a younger brother who plays though. I'm not being cocky at all. I'm simply just posting stats/facts. I know Symrna is a good team. This is the 4th round of the playoffs. Everyteam is good! Should be a great game. Also, I love how you make a coachT name a day after the Riverdale game! :lol:

It is so hard to predict who is going to do what on a given night in a high school football game. The psyche of teenagers can be quite unpredictable and sports in general can turn on you in a heartbeat.

Matchups one night look entirely different on another night. Sometimes it is coaching decisions on how to approach the game and other times it might be mistakes or penalties riddling a team.

Matchups with other teams don't always tell the whole story either. There are some teams that match up well with others and don't match up well with yet another team. In this case, what is on paper makes this look like more of a toss up, than it does one team having a huge advantage over another.

Even individual stats can be deceiving, and they may not make a difference when two teams actually play. For this game, it appears that two very successful teams will be meeting on Friday night. Interestingly, neither of these teams have probably received the respect they probably deserve. Smyrna has been slighted ever since their smashing defeat at the hands of Riverdale. Ooltewah on the other hand has been fighting respect all year--a young team that was not expected to do this well.

The coaches for both of these teams have enjoyed some success. Neither of these schools have ever made it to the state finals. So, the matchup on Friday night looks like a real good one. Yeah, arguments can be made for both teams; I trust they both come out and have a great game. I am confident there will be respect both ways, because both teams are trying to achieve uncharted territory for their respective schools.

Nope! I don't play anymore. I have a younger brother who plays though. I'm not being cocky at all. I'm simply just posting stats/facts. I know Symrna is a good team. This is the 4th round of the playoffs. Everyteam is good! Should be a great game. Also, I love how you make a coachT name a day after the Riverdale game! :thumb:

This is my second account, i lost the pass on the other. And i agree with what t3a cups said earlier i dont think Ooltewah is a a 13-0 team but we will see who is better Friday. See ya at the game! I BELIEVE

GoHead Ooltewah!!! :D

No disrespect to Smyrna,a fellow middle Tennessee team...

As a Cookeville CAV alumni & fan we have come to like & respect the Ooltewah Owls due to our recent 2 year series with them. They are a class team with class fans.

Therefore I'm gonna have to come out & pull for the Owls cause I'm sure they'd pull for the CAVS if the situation was reversed.

GO OWLS!!! :thumb:

THE SQUAD :lol:

This is my second account, i lost the pass on the other. And i agree with what t3a cups said earlier i dont think Ooltewah is a a 13-0 team but we will see who is better Friday. See ya at the game! I BELIEVE

What are your reasonings behind that? What did you see on film that made you think this? Have you ever seen Ooltewah play live? You may think Ooltewah isn't a 13-0 team but in reality they are 13-0.