Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

If you were to take and hand pick the two most athletic teams in all of Class 3A from top-to-bottom then I'm sure that most would put both of these football programs right at the top of their list.

Pearl-Cohn: 10-3 overall (Champions of Region 4-3A)

Fulton: 12-1 overall (Region 2-3A Runner-Up): they avenged that loss tonight.

Both teams have talented backs that can get it done on the ground. Both teams have athletes all over the field defensively that will make their fair share of plays. Both teams have struggling kicking games. What both teams don't have is equal passing attacks. That is what I believe the difference in this one will ultimately be in the end and that's why I'm going with the Firebirds at home.

Pearl-Cohn: 20

Fulton: 14

HINT: Nobody put an odd number in the column when making a score prediction for this one please because both teams will, likely go for two every time they reach the endzone :thumb:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fulton will win this game 26-13. Last night Jock Stinson stepped up in the 4th quarter to lead Fulton to a comeback. Also Freney is the difference maker in all of Fulton's games, if Freney plays well Fulton will roll to the BORO but if not this game will be closer than anyone thinks. Rogan will put up over 150 rushing and 50 catching with 2 TDs. The UT recruit is hard to stop when Freney is playing well. So Fulton 26-13 in this game.

If Fulton plays their game like they did last night nobody and I mean nobody left standing will stay close to them. It's like a full court press when they are on Defense. And on Offense they go 85 yrd. in 15 secs. against Catholic last night. Their kicking game is the most dangerous you will ever face. And OH YEAH did I forget to mention Dennis Rogan the heart and soul of the team. I believe Rogan will be the difference maker b/c these western teams haven't seen him and he is just a powerful and fast runner as there is in the state. Apparently it's true b/c the Vols want him.

Fulton will take this one, Fulton's D is very agressive and can stop the run and the pass! Pearl-Cohn doesn't have Smith or any huge playmakers who will make the difference. The big play's by the big play's will win this one!

Nah, you're right, that 6'6" 220 receiver who touched the ball twice, had 161 yards, and scored twice last night won't be much of a match-up problem for you guys I'm sure. Nope, no huge playmakers to be found at Pearl Cohn. :thumb:

Nah, you're right, that 6'6" 220 receiver who touched the ball twice, had 161 yards, and scored twice last night won't be much of a match-up problem for you guys I'm sure. Nope, no huge playmakers to be found at Pearl Cohn. :D

You forgot the other receivers that are 6'4 & 6'2 not to mention the 6'3 250lbs. tight end :D

They have a quarterback and a running back who can hurt Fulton also. Trust me when I say I've seen both teams play this year. I saw PC last night against Sycamore and I saw Fulton on CSS this year against Alcoa. Both teams have athletes and like ShaneC said Stinson must play well for the Falcons to compete. They don't have Wagner any longer and that means that Jock has to step up again to make the offense versitile. Otherwise the Firebirds defense will eventually take over.

I like Deaunte & Rashad Mason to make just enough plays in the end to push the Firebirds to victory at home and get to the Boro :lol:

This is going to be a great game without a doubt :D

You forgot the other receivers that are 6'4 & 6'2 not to mention the 6'3 250lbs. tight end :thumb:

They have a quarterback and a running back who can hurt Fulton also. Trust me when I say I've seen both teams play this year. I saw PC last night against Sycamore and I saw Fulton on CSS this year against Alcoa. Both teams have athletes and like ShaneC said Stinson must play well for the Falcons to compete. They don't have Wagner any longer and that means that Jock has to step up again to make the offense versitile. Otherwise the Firebirds defense will eventually take over.

I like Deaunte & Rashad Mason to make just enough plays in the end to push the Firebirds to victory at home and get to the Boro :D

This is going to be a great game without a doubt ;)

Stinson stepped up last night and did great!! No doubt you all have the recieving team but when there is that much pressure on your qb all the time can he function? We will see, this game will be a great one!

Stinson stepped up last night and did great!! No doubt you all have the recieving team but when there is that much pressure on your qb all the time can he function? We will see, this game will be a great one!

PC is not my team I am just rooting for them now because I want a Region 4-3A representative to play a Region 5-3A representative (David Lipscomb) in a possible all Nashville Blue Cross Bowl Showdown in two weeks :thumb:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and to the folks from Knoxville have a safe trip to and from Nashville :D

Edited by Big Country

PC is not my team I am just rooting for them now because I want a Region 4-3A representative to play a Region 5-3A representative (David Lipscomb) in a possible all Nashville Blue Cross Bowl Showdown in two weeks :huh:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and to the folks from Knoxville have a safe trip to and from Nashville :angry:

I'd rather see Fulton-Dyersburg..The two teams from the two best regions....Both runner-up in their region in the regular season by the way...