Fulton at Pearl-Cohn

Big Country

Big Country, this is copied from your post to me on the Pearl Cohn-Sycamore thread

"How's Fulton your clearcut pick in the other game when Knoxville Catholic beat the Falcons by 2TD's in their first meeting. Catholic will also be helped by the fact that they played and beat a decent team to prepare them for a "big game environment" last week in Austin East. I do believe that Fulton is the better team athletically but I'm just wondering why you believe they'll be making the trip to the midstate next week and playing a team that they're "supposedly better than" despite the fact that they haven't even proven to be able to beat KC yet dry.gif"

The young Falcons we watched at the Boro against Greenbrier have gained experience and strength. Although, I'd love to see our region win, I don't see the Firebirds holding down the Falcons. They have been there too many times, yes, but then again, that's part of the reason they will be in the Boro again this year. Traveling won't slow down Fulton. They are well-coached, and they've got players that are maxing out their abilities. Rogan will be a star once again.

And regardless of region, I am realistic. It will be Fulton and Lipscomb again at the Boro. Both of them are right at home on the Raider field.

Good call Cat :thumb:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Turtle, too bad CoachT doesn't reach to heaven because I'm sure somebody has a message for you. Oh well, I'm glad to see you are sort of pulling for the Falcons even though you really don't want to. Although, we don't really need your half-hearted support. We have enough talent, big play makers, great coaches and great fans to fill any voids. Our boys are focused on this one and ready to win again on the road. You just continue worrying about basketball, we'll CONTINUE to take care of football...AGAIN. GO FALCONS!

Oh NO ..not what I wanted to hear from Turtle ... since his past selections were a bit off ... FULTON/CARTER#2 (Turtle picked Carter) .. AE/CATHOLIC #1 and #2 he picked AE .. AE/FULTON he picked AE ..... MARYVILLE/RED BANK he picked Rde Bank ..thats about 0 - 5 ... hoping he was gonna pick Pearl Cohn ..... oh well we will just have to pull it out somehow .....

Tadvols, you left off all the Central vs. Maryville games and an occasional West vs. Maryville pick through the years, where Turtle picked against my boys in Red and Black.

Beware of the curse of the Turtle. Just keepin' it real!!!!!! :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hey Turtle, too bad CoachT doesn't reach to heaven because I'm sure somebody has a message for you. Oh well, I'm glad to see you are sort of pulling for the Falcons even though you really don't want to. Although, we don't really need your half-hearted support. We have enough talent, big play makers, great coaches and great fans to fill any voids. Our boys are focused on this one and ready to win again on the road. You just continue worrying about basketball, we'll CONTINUE to take care of football...AGAIN. GO FALCONS!

Isn't that the truth!! I have pure confidence in our Falcons! Pearl-Cohn, get ready for the Falcons, you'll need everything in your "arsenal" to keep us from going to the buro! I don't think one player *especially a reciever, since we just got done dealing with the states best* can hold us down!

Big Country, this is copied from your post to me on the Pearl Cohn-Sycamore thread

"How's Fulton your clearcut pick in the other game when Knoxville Catholic beat the Falcons by 2TD's in their first meeting. Catholic will also be helped by the fact that they played and beat a decent team to prepare them for a "big game environment" last week in Austin East. I do believe that Fulton is the better team athletically but I'm just wondering why you believe they'll be making the trip to the midstate next week and playing a team that they're "supposedly better than" despite the fact that they haven't even proven to be able to beat KC yet dry.gif"

The young Falcons we watched at the Boro against Greenbrier have gained experience and strength. Although, I'd love to see our region win, I don't see the Firebirds holding down the Falcons. They have been there too many times, yes, but then again, that's part of the reason they will be in the Boro again this year. Traveling won't slow down Fulton. They are well-coached, and they've got players that are maxing out their abilities. Rogan will be a star once again.

And regardless of region, I am realistic. It will be Fulton and Lipscomb again at the Boro. Both of them are right at home on the Raider field.

Big Country, it must be flattering to know that some people value your opinions so much and pay such close attention to what you post. I tip my cap. :D

FROM WHAT I'M READING PEARL-COHN ARE THE UNDERDOGS... WELL LETS JUST SEE WHICH TEAM SHOWS UP ON FRIDAY NIGHT

PEARL-COHN WINS BECAUSE OF HEART AND MOTIVATION

AFTER LOOSING 24 PLAYERS AND STARTING OVER WITH A NEW OFFENSIVE LINE AND DEFENSE. LOOK AT WHERE THEY ARE NOW, HEART HAS THIS TEAM DRIVEN

OFFENSIVE LINE: Brian Curry 78

Andrew Hudgens 54

Nathaniel Davidson 74

Markeese Osbourne 56

TimSmith 65

D LINE: Andrew Hudgens 54

DeMichael Horton 32

Anthony Logan 42

Lewis Brown 53

I'm not sure that Pearl-Cohn is picked as the underdogs, because not enough people know enough about both teams equally to make a real prediction. I think people are mainly going on records and history. However, if we are making predictions based on HEART and MOTIVATION, Fulton has plenty of both and they will bring it all with them! You are right we will see Friday night who has more of the total package. We're on our way...FLYIN' LIKE A FALCON!

I'm not sure that Pearl-Cohn is picked as the underdogs, because not enough people know enough about both teams equally to make a real prediction. I think people are mainly going on records and history. However, if we are making predictions based on HEART and MOTIVATION, Fulton has plenty of both and they will bring it all with them! You are right we will see Friday night who has more of the total package. We're on our way...FLYIN' LIKE A FALCON!

Oh everyone KNOWS enough about Fulton to know they are the heavy favorite in this game, so don't be trying that old Lou Holtz-speak on us. :thumb:

Isn't that the truth!! I have pure confidence in our Falcons! Pearl-Cohn, get ready for the Falcons, you'll need everything in your "arsenal" to keep us from going to the buro! I don't think one player *especially a reciever, since we just got done dealing with the states best* can hold us down!

Hey Snap.

Wondered when you would pop up on here.

Just like Fulton vs. Catholic, I have no dog in the fight. Well thats not entirely true. I am going to have to pull for the ET Teams across the board. Webb got one. Alcoa should beat Smith and Mville should do the same to MoWest sine Brandon Fanney is @ Alabama. Here are some things to think about though. Region 4-3A is tough. Top to bottom tougher than 2-3A? Fulton,AE,Catholic,Kingston,Anderson vs. PC,Sycamore,Macon,Station Camp,Geenbriar would be pretty even IMHO.

I would suggest to you that Fulton has dealt with perhaps one of the best receivers in the state, but it was not last week. Smith is a good receiver, but Lanxter @ Alcoa is closer to what you will see from Mason. Mason (6-5) Lanxter (6-3). Lanxter, who is a West Virgina commit is smooth. Mason is physical AND smooth. He also roams around the defensive backfield pretty well. On the other side is Gupton 6-3 190. Very athletic. Great DB. Very simmilar to Sommers Jr. (Offered by UT,South Carloina) @ Alcoa. The TE, Gordon is 6-3 250. When Sykes (FSU or LSU) @ Alcoa lines up @ TE, that is what you get. Good blocker. Paye 5-10 225 at LB is simmilar to the Hicks kid @ Alcoa in size and toughness. My point is that PC from a talent stanpoint @ the skill spots is much like Alcoa without all the press.

On the flip side Rogan, Freeney, Smith can shut down receivers. They did a nice job against Alcoa without double covering Lanxter or Sommers. They might need to double up Mason. If they do, the boys up front will need to get pressure, or the other receivers will cause problems. PC has some ability there with Curry 6-1 320, Hudgens 5-10 240, Davidson 6-2 225, Osbourne 5-11 220, Smith 6-1 270. I think Osbourne is the only Jr.

The challenge for PC will be dealing with the front 7 of Fulton. Fulton can eat up pass protection by rotating with Higgins 6-1 280, Kennedy 6-4 230, Brown 6-3 250, Gamble 6-3 250, Reilly 6-5 275 or even Wiley-Gatewood 6-6 320. The real deal up front though is Hammilton 6-2 300, the Region 2-3A lineman of the year, last year as a Jr. Hammilton can be VERY explosive and disruptive against the run as well. He is a beast, and the only kid that held his own with him is that big Tait kid @ Catholic. With Cobb and Mathis coming off the edge and Gildner and perhaps Winters in the middle, time in the pocket could be hard to come by. Getting out of the pocket could also prove difficult.

On offense, I would think PC will have seen the Catholic tape. They will see that you can limmit Rogan's yards, but in doing so, take your eyes off Freeney for a second, and.....GIVE HIM SIX.

The PC program has a lot of tradition. They have recently put kids in @ Marshall, Wisconsin, and Kentucky Wesleyan. They have a new coach that seems to have put the puzzle together at the right time of year. He won't be intimmidated by the whole Coatney/Black thing. He will have those kids jacked up about all the talk last week that the Fulton vs. Catholic game was the real State Championship, and will be out to prove that wrong.

PC has some confidence and certainly momentum. They have size at the skill positions and certainly athletic ability. They are young on paper, but the Sophs are Juniors and the Juniors are Seniors at this time of year. They have Seniors in some key spots. They have home field. Having said that, I am leaning Fulton. Three things. One is Depth. Fulton has more. Two is Rogan. There is a reason Virgina Tech, Miami, and UT all wanted this kid. After being slowed a bit last Fiday @ Catholic, Rogan has a big 2nd half. Three is Fulton's size. While they don't play with the best pad leverage, they wear folks down in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Good luck and prayers for an injury free game to both teams.