Hillsboro@Henry County

hcrocks

Throwing the football Arent is a very solid QB. He was right on target. Receivers actually dropped maybe 5 passes that should have been caught. Must be tough young man because HC line sacked him maybe 4 times but came right back. Hard to compare Melrose QB seems more of a dual threat and Boro QB does not have to be because Boro OL is IMO the best I have seen against HC this year and RB is also in top 4 this year.

Boro's D was as good as I have witnessed this year. Not only quick to the ball but very rarely missed a tackle. Once they went up by 2 scores they started playing pass first and run second. Almost whole second half they were running 2 DBs and 2 CB,s with outside LB's stepping back into passing lanes. Spent most of the night throwing into 6 man coverage. Did not have much of a choice down 21-0.

That all said, I am very Proud to be a Patriot. Paraphrasing the Coach, "This team was the team that put the Pride back into being a Patriot"! As Parents and Fans when you see these young men and Coaches around town or school let them know they are appreciated for their Team accomplishment. They worked hard to get where they got too this year! It was a fun and exciting run!

Thanks wingman.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The YANKER could not resist responding to a portion of this post. I am a JCM fan so this should not matter to me but since I spend more time on your thread than our own due to lack of activity, I will say it anyway. For you to call out one of your own players like you have is DEPLORABLE!!! I wish we had him at JCM. Do you think you would have been in the 4th round without him??? I can tell you that you would not have been there. That may have been the worst and most insensitive post the YANKER has EVER read. You have made "boski" look like a saint.

aww thats so kind of you .. "boski" a saint like figure to the football world?..or is that to much ...oh well nevermind.

and as far as me jumping on the burro wagon ..there isnt one , as far as i go ..i pick em like i see them you either going to win or lose .. i could care less about win streaks or whatever..and ask any hillsboro fan out there ..they know they havent seen the last of me ... i will be back ..to bash them next season ..no love lost ..i thank them for bailing regoin 54a out of a jam ...and id like to see them win it all, why not they have made it this far ..but my gut tells me to go with maryville ..so i am ..its up to them to prove me and a bunch of other folks wrong .. i wont be mad if they do .this time :thumb:

wow .. it feels funny not to be the one everyone is attacking

Hi Mom!

Edited by boski

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WARNING~~~~~~~~~~~~~This post may tick some ppl off, but I'm saying it anyway. So that means if ya don't want to hear it, then DON'T READ this post!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a question-wtsnot was our QB doing? (I'm NOT at ALL referring to the coaches on this) Calvin has played enough to have made better dicussions than he was doing on the field last night!!!!! I could NOT believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm NOT saying the lose was ALL his fault, but asking WHAT WAS HE THINKING on some of those passes? Even a DUMB MOM like me, could see that some of his dicussions was TERRIBLY WRONG.

I have to say also that I was REALLY SUPPRISED NOT TO SEE A TEAR IN HIS EYE WHEN THE GAME WAS OVER!!!! I saw him cry at the end of the season last year, but NOT LAST NIGHT. Whats Up?

Don't jump me for my question & statement me, it just struck me as ODD is ALL.

~~~~~~My Patriots~~~~~~

You guys have a Large spot in my heart & I'm truely sad that they'll be no more Friday Night Lights. You Have Made Me Sooooooo Proud To Be A Big RED Patriot Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all played one heck of a season with NOTHING to hang YOUR HEAD OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank-you for letting me ride that Patriot Train with you for 13 games & I have a WONDERFUL memory that I'll take to my grave!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS AS MY OWN & YOU MADE MOMMA SHERRY SOOOOOOO PROUD!!!!!!!!!

Now as for Hillsboro, taking a leak in OUR parking lot (out in broad view daylight) BEFORE the game, was PAST disrespectful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping that if you beat us that you would then beat Maryville, but that show of LOW CLASS DISRESPECT makes me hope Maryville beats the pee out of ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you 100% on one thing...............your "DUMB".

Edited by Patriotpride

No, I'm NOT saying the lose was ALL his fault, but asking WHAT WAS HE THINKING on some of those passes? Even a DUMB MOM like me, could see that some of his dicussions was TERRIBLY WRONG.

I have to say also that I was REALLY SUPPRISED NOT TO SEE A TEAR IN HIS EYE WHEN THE GAME WAS OVER!!!! I saw him cry at the end of the season last year, but NOT LAST NIGHT. Whats Up?

I am sure Calvin would love a have a few passes back. But by "some of his dicussions was TERRIBLY WRONG" are you referring to the 4 he had to throw away due to receiver not being open, or the 4 times the pass was to a spot and receiver broke the other direction or receiver went short when the pass was long ( How do we know receivers did not run wrong routes???, which makes QB look like he did not know what he was doing) or are you referring to the interception in the endzone where pressure was coming on blindside from the blitz, Calvin is scrambling and then threw an interception. What happened to the receiver? once he saw QB in trouble and scrambling did he make himself available by moving back to QB to give him an easier target like he has been coached, No, he stood like a statue in the endzone.

WWMD

I am assuming that your comment on the lack of moisture in the tear ducts of the QB means something about his commitment or something in that regard, that has about as much meaning as me telling my wife after the game that (sarcastically of course) sending out one player for coin toss instead of all the seniors cost us the game.

I am sure Calvin would love a have a few passes back. But by "some of his dicussions was TERRIBLY WRONG" are you referring to the 4 he had to throw away due to receiver not being open, or the 4 times the pass was to a spot and receiver broke the other direction or receiver went short when the pass was long ( How do we know receivers did not run wrong routes???, which makes QB look like he did not know what he was doing) or are you referring to the interception in the endzone where pressure was coming on blindside from the blitz, Calvin is scrambling and then threw an interception. What happened to the receiver? once he saw QB in trouble and scrambling did he make himself available by moving back to QB to give him an easier target like he has been coached, No, he stood like a statue in the endzone.

WWMD

I am assuming that your comment on the lack of moisture in the tear ducts of the QB means something about his commitment or something in that regard, that has about as much meaning as me telling my wife after the game that (sarcastically of course) sending out one player for coin toss instead of all the seniors cost us the game.

I know you are being sarcastic as you say, but I know why we sent one guy out for the coin toss. The referee insisted that Gaddis send a guy out immediately. The coach, right or wrong, thought running through the team tunnel would mean more to them for their last home game. He asked the ref if he would wait but was told no. He grabbed someone and sent him out there. How do I know? I asked. His heart was in the right place. Like I said, I know you didn't mean it, but I wondered, too, so I just wanted to let you know what I was told.

I know you are being sarcastic as you say, but I know why we sent one guy out for the coin toss. The referee insisted that Gaddis send a guy out immediately. The coach, right or wrong, thought running through the team tunnel would mean more to them for their last home game. He asked the ref if he would wait but was told no. He grabbed someone and sent him out there. How do I know? I asked. His heart was in the right place. Like I said, I know you didn't mean it, but I wondered, too, so I just wanted to let you know what I was told.

I figured something like that occured. I made sure my comment after the game was heard by some fans sitting close by in the stands coaching the game from their seats. I had prefaced my sarcastic remark with something I can't post here unless I want it removed by monitors. Know what I mean???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~WARNING~~~~~~~~~~~~~This post may tick some ppl off, but I'm saying it anyway. So that means if ya don't want to hear it, then DON'T READ this post!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a question-wtsnot was our QB doing? (I'm NOT at ALL referring to the coaches on this) Calvin has played enough to have made better dicussions than he was doing on the field last night!!!!! I could NOT believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~My Patriots~~~~~~

You guys have a Large spot in my heart & I'm truely sad that they'll be no more Friday Night Lights. You Have Made Me Sooooooo Proud To Be A Big RED Patriot Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all played one heck of a season with NOTHING to hang YOUR HEAD OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank-you for letting me ride that Patriot Train with you for 13 games & I have a WONDERFUL memory that I'll take to my grave!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS AS MY OWN & YOU MADE MOMMA SHERRY SOOOOOOO PROUD!!!!!!!!!

Now as for Hillsboro, taking a leak in OUR parking lot (out in broad view daylight) BEFORE the game, was PAST disrespectful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping that if you beat us that you would then beat Maryville, but that show of LOW CLASS DISRESPECT makes me hope Maryville beats the pee out of ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so obviously clueless with the worst case of tunnel vision (mixed in with some pure green-eyed envy turned to vicious jealousy) I have ever seen. Parents like you make the coaching profession difficult. I keep up with my old high school's team through this site - I usually skip over your posts because they are so self serving and ridiculous - I wish I had done so here.

Congrats Pats on a great season!

aww thats so kind of you .. "boski" a saint like figure to the football world?..or is that to much ...oh well nevermind.

and as far as me jumping on the burro wagon ..there isnt one , as far as i go ..i pick em like i see them you either going to win or lose .. i could care less about win streaks or whatever..and ask any hillsboro fan out there ..they know they havent seen the last of me ... i will be back ..to bash them next season ..no love lost ..i thank them for bailing regoin 54a out of a jam ...and id like to see them win it all, why not they have made it this far ..but my gut tells me to go with maryville ..so i am ..its up to them to prove me and a bunch of other folks wrong .. i wont be mad if they do .this time :thumb:

wow .. it feels funny not to be the one everyone is attacking

Hi Mom!

That was FUNNY LOL..

boski a Saint ... LOL that's even funnier.. Go get em boski.. :thumb:

I'm back to say "That's MY Opinion & I'm Sticking To It". I've read so many post saying that the Patriots were nobody without this great #1 & seen his pic plastered on every preview book so if you're gonna build him up & put him on a pedestal for the whole world to see then he's there for the good & bad!

My Son Has Never Played A Perfect Game & I HAVE NEVER PUT HIM ON A PASTEL & HAVE NEVER WANTED HIM ON ONE!

He's missed blocks & didn't cover someone the way he should have. He was also out 2 games from his grade 3 cuncussion. I don't care what the rest of you think of my last post "freedom of speech" just like you have used your's. Every body has pointed there finger at this player since day one so why can't I point mine also, is it because it doesn't point the same way as the rest of you? Sorry ppl I posted my opinion, but have been told TO MY FACE BY OTHERS & EVEN TEAMMATES worse things about our GREAT #1 than what I posted. This is the real world & not Barney everybody doesn't love you. And I'll beat ya to the punch....I don't give a rats behind if y'all like me or not. Has anyone even noticed that Dustin Patton hasn't been playing for the last couple of games? Why of course not, all you see is #1 to snot with the rest of those guys. Everybody has treated the rest of the guys on this team like they are #1's servants & when it comes to a win it's only because of #1.

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGG! Calvin broke records & done some great things yes, but he isn't GOD ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But y'all sure have try to treat him that way & you could have cared less about ALL the other players, which there were alot of GREAT ONES on this team. #57 was awesome on D & it was a thrill to watch that boy pound ppl!!!!! How many ppl noticed him? What about Ashby, Wilkinson, Travis, Higgs, Primrose, Long, Lamar & all the other guys??????? They were AWESOME & a THRILL & PLEASURE to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daniel Allen TEACHING himself to be a kicker & then being a GREAT one at that, are ya getting my drift?

Calvin is a very well mannered & polite young man, but that hasn't got a thing to do with what is done on that field.

Yes, I did speak to Calvin after the game fyi & he had a very *pretty* smile on his face.

#77 isn't perfect nor will he ever be, but he is still sitting with a BOX of college offers as well as FELLOW TEAM MATES, but no one ever mentioned these guys in the paper about who was looking at them. #1 wouldn't have been so great without THIS O-LINE'S HELP! It took them ALL to win & ALL to lose, but the ball wasn't in THEIR hand was it?

You can yell at me all day & say whatever you want, it will not bother me because I believe & stand behind MY OPINION! Barney days are over & I don't love you & you don't love me, so whatttttttt?

Now feel free to bash me some more & point your finger my way, because football season is over here in Henryland & I don't care who likes me or not, life will go on!

Y'all can baby your favorite player & I'll continue to love the "team" {FYI that's the rest of the guys y'all never saw on the field}.

You are so obviously clueless with the worst case of tunnel vision (mixed in with some pure green-eyed envy turned to vicious jealousy) I have ever seen. Parents like you make the coaching profession difficult. I keep up with my old high school's team through this site - I usually skip over your posts because they are so self serving and ridiculous - I wish I had done so here.

Congrats Pats on a great season!

BoooWhooo plz continue to skip. I have no green eyes darlin they are just open looking at the Whole View. Now skip on!