Moore County

knowledge man jr.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)

ANY FURTHER ON THE TOWN MEETING IN MC TONIGHT?

The meeting was tonight at 7. There were about 60+ people in attendance including CM, SB and a host of folks from the local bank. They want CF and it looks like it might be possible.

On another note: Contrary to popular beleif Jack DOES NOT dish out the money, they are giving to the communtity in some respect but it will be the mommas and the poppas footing this bill. We heard that CF went to meet with T.Bean and he didn't have a clue as to who he was. So for all you folks that think that JD funds anything but JD your SADLY mistaken.

ANY FURTHER ON THE TOWN MEETING IN MC TONIGHT?

Well like everyone else I am in shock! B) It's true, the job is Coach Flatts to walk away from. They way I hear it the community really got behind the idea at the meeting. People and business owners are going help get what is needed to build Moore County back up. Coach Mccurry should get some credit though on this, he built Lynchburg to make it where great coaches want to come and be part of it. The burg went through a hard time but many good coaches are seeing the endless possibilty that awaits and their knocking on the door.

People may say Lynchburg is down on talent and the people are hard on coaches but if it was true 32 applications wouldn't have been turned in with many being current head coaches leading winning programs. If it works out great, if not their are some good coaches still waiting in line. Coach Flatt is sitting on a goldmine if he takes the job and if he gets the right assistants with him.

Well like everyone else I am in shock! :lol: It's true, the job is Coach Flatts to walk away from. They way I hear it the community really got behind the idea at the meeting. People and business owners are going help get what is needed to build Moore County back up. Coach Mccurry should get some credit though on this, he built Lynchburg to make it where great coaches want to come and be part of it. The burg went through a hard time but many good coaches are seeing the endless possibilty that awaits and their knocking on the door.

People may say Lynchburg is down on talent and the people are hard on coaches but if it was true 32 applications wouldn't have been turned in with many being current head coaches leading winning programs. If it works out great, if not their are some good coaches still waiting in line. Coach Flatt is sitting on a goldmine if he takes the job and if he gets the right assistants with him.

Mac had NOTHING to do with this. The day Moore Co. forgets about him the better. We need to move on. sure he won some games but he hit a strech of talent and out of county kids also. This is a team effort led by the community. Mac would not have been and success if not for the community in the first place.

Mac had NOTHING to do with this. The day Moore Co. forgets about him the better. We need to move on. sure he won some games but he hit a strech of talent and out of county kids also. This is a team effort led by the community. Mac would not have been and success if not for the community in the first place.

bb4evr, you are so full of bull, Mac is what build Moore County up. A good coach makes great players, great players do not make great coaches. That should be very clear since 1999 at Moore County. I guess you think The Bear did not make Alabama what it is, Vince Lombardi did not make Green Bay.

How can you say that Mac had nothing to do with it. Look at MC records before Mac came and then take a look at them since he left. I would agree that MC is a great football community but the community dont coach they support the team. I would also agree that some fans need to stop riding his coat tale and need to support the new coach. Despite anyones opinion he/staff did win ball games while he was there. There was some talent there when he coached just like there is now. Who are all these out of county kids that helped build the MC program. I would like to hear the names of the great out of county kids. Most of the ones I remember had gone to MC since grade school.

Well good luck to the Raiders and their new head coach.

bb4evr, you are so full of bull, Mac is what build Moore County up. A good coach makes great players, great players do not make great coaches. That should be very clear since 1999 at Moore County. I guess you think The Bear did not make Alabama what it is, Vince Lombardi did not make Green Bay.

comparing mac to the bear and lombardi> are you kidding. ANY coach in the country will tell you that great players DO make great coaches and terrible players make coahes terrible. even the great bear had some pretty good player. namath, sloan, todd, the list goes on and on. give me 3 great players and one good coach.

next time you talk to a great coach ask him why he was a winner. ask mac, he would tell you the same thing.

comparing mac to the bear and lombardi> are you kidding. ANY coach in the country will tell you that great players DO make great coaches and terrible players make coahes terrible. even the great bear had some pretty good player. namath, sloan, todd, the list goes on and on. give me 3 great players and one good coach.

next time you talk to a great coach ask him why he was a winner. ask mac, he would tell you the same thing.

They need both. Without players that can give it there all then the caoch is just a fixture in the sideline. MC has some good players but they need to buck up and act like they want to play football. Great players do make good coaches but that coach also has to motivate them to be GREAT, so two positives do make a positive....

You can have the best talent on earth, but if the Coach doesn't know what he is doing, the team will NOT succeed. You apparently have not been around sports very long if you do not believe this to be true. I have no dog in this fight, but I can assure you a great, talented, team will go absolutely nowhere without good coaches! He wasn't making a comparison with the great Coaches you listed, he was only using that to illustrate his point.

Edited by cascade11

:thumb:

The meeting was tonight at 7. There were about 60+ people in attendance including CM, SB and a host of folks from the local bank. They want CF and it looks like it might be possible.

On another note: Contrary to popular beleif Jack DOES NOT dish out the money, they are giving to the communtity in some respect but it will be the mommas and the poppas footing this bill. We heard that CF went to meet with T.Bean and he didn't have a clue as to who he was. So for all you folks that think that JD funds anything but JD your SADLY mistaken.

SB was at the meeting. However, if CM is in reference to the Director he was not present.

Maybe heck has frozen over! But that still did not help the talent puddle in MC. Cornersville may have more talent. If this is true it still makes no difference unless they do what is takes to get CF at least two assitants that HE wants. The reason so many people applied is simple. Yes, Mac did a good job and won there. Love him or hate him, he out works the others. So there is a history of winning, it can be done. Second you can't do any worse than what they have done the past couple of years. So if you just improve a little you are a hero and coach of the year! Third, the pay is not bad for a rural school. To add to the rumour. There was a very prestigous home and farm that sold in Lincoln County (Fayetteville) a couple of years ago. It was rumoured then that he was one of the high bidders. The home and real estate is now back on the market and it has been said that he has been in contact. It is about 15-20 minutes form the school.