Moore County

knowledge man jr.

You can have the best talent on earth, but if the Coach doesn't know what he is doing, the team will NOT succeed. You apparently have not been around sports very long if you do not believe this to be true. I have no dog in this fight, but I can assure you a great, talented, team will go absolutely nowhere without good coaches! He wasn't making a comparison with the great Coaches you listed, he was only using that to illustrate his point.

I agree with this!! Look at Mt.Pleasant until 4 years ago. The talent was there to at least compete. 0-10 is what the coach got out of them though.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the school board has to approve of all new hires for any position. The director of schools recommends new hires to the school board. Who ever gets the job had better have a unamious vote by the school board. Split votes are trouble.

fact: The function of the school board is to hire the Director of Schools and make policy.

fiction: The school board has to approve all new hires for any position.

You can have the best talent on earth, but if the Coach doesn't know what he is doing, the team will NOT succeed. You apparently have not been around sports very long if you do not believe this to be true. I have no dog in this fight, but I can assure you a great, talented, team will go absolutely nowhere without good coaches! He wasn't making a comparison with the great Coaches you listed, he was only using that to illustrate his point.

cascade11. i played college ball 25 yrs ago and was a head coach in high school. no i havent been around sports very long. how long have you been around sports. i repeat any coach will tell you they can only go as far as their players take them.

comparing mac to the bear and lombardi> are you kidding. ANY coach in the country will tell you that great players DO make great coaches and terrible players make coahes terrible. even the great bear had some pretty good player. namath, sloan, todd, the list goes on and on. give me 3 great players and one good coach.

next time you talk to a great coach ask him why he was a winner. ask mac, he would tell you the same thing.

Okay, you want to know what what great coaching legends feel makes winners. Well here it is. Any good coach will tell you that they would rather have eleven average players that will buy into the system and that are willing to learn. Just because a player was born with great athletic ability does do not make him or her GREAT. you have to have a player that willing yo learn, play as a team member and not as one.

You can take average players with heart and motivate them to play above their beyond their abilty. How do I know this, I spent ten years at Moore County with Mac. We took a team that did not have alot of talant in 1989 and advanced all the way to the semi-finals, 12 and 2 not bad for a team with no great athletes on it. Instead there where 24 players that believed themselves and in what there coaching staff was doing, they also put team ahead of everything else This team also had a lot of pride in their community.

The 1988 team had one great player and many average players but advanced all the way to the Clinic Bowl in Nashville. 14 and 1 not bad for a buch of avergare players.

Okay, you want to know what what great coaching legends feel makes winners. Well here it is. Any good coach will tell you that they would rather have eleven average players that will buy into the system and that are willing to learn. Just because a player was born with great athletic ability does do not make him or her GREAT. you have to have a player that willing yo learn, play as a team member and not as one.

You can take average players with heart and motivate them to play above their beyond their abilty. How do I know this, I spent ten years at Moore County with Mac. We took a team that did not have alot of talant in 1989 and advanced all the way to the semi-finals, 12 and 2 not bad for a team with no great athletes on it. Instead there where 24 players that believed themselves and in what there coaching staff was doing, they also put team ahead of everything else This team also had a lot of pride in their community.

The 1988 team had one great player and many average players but advanced all the way to the Clinic Bowl in Nashville. 14 and 1 not bad for a buch of avergare players.

I couldn't have said it any better. I could fill this page up with stories about Coach Mccurry but I don't have all night. If you say Mac had nothing to do with building Moore County up your not very educated on Moore County football.

Finally, any coach who uses the lack of talent or athletic players as a reason for not winning is a loser.To me that;s the worst excuse any person can use in high school football.

I couldn't have said it any better. I could fill this page up with stories about Coach Mccurry but I don't have all night. If you say Mac had nothing to do with building Moore County up your not very educated on Moore County football.

Finally, any coach who uses the lack of talent or athletic players as a reason for not winning is a loser.To me that;s the worst excuse any person can use in high school football.

Mac is a good coach, but Moore Co will get a good coach and I wish them the best.

cascade11. i played college ball 25 yrs ago and was a head coach in high school. no i havent been around sports very long. how long have you been around sports. i repeat any coach will tell you they can only go as far as their players take them.

I want state my credentials or athletic background on here for you, because it's obvious you are the only one in this thread that feels the Coach is not the number one factor in the success of a program!

Welcome back WOMACK>>>