Moore County

knowledge man jr.

there will be no coach named this week, every coach that has showed interest wants to bring in at least two coaches with him and there is no open teaching position in the school at this time. The director of school needs to forget about finding a coach that runs the wing-t, and find one that can build a team around the talent around him, the wing-t is not the only successful offence. When the director gets one hired and then let the coach do his job, and he needs to stay off the side lines and out of the locker room.

Once again you can think Flatt for this mess. I really dont see how he can sleep for what he has done to these kids@!!!!!!

Let's also be real here. If a coach is a hot property, school boards go crazy trying to hire them. Don't you think so Titans21? MC is in this shape because they 1) put more importance on football than they do education 2) don't have the greatest track record for treating coaches with respect or loyalty 3) let too many good ole boys have too much say into issues.

So no I don't have any compassion on the poor folks of Moore County except for the students who deserve better.

By the way if Price leaves, and Flatt expressed an interested in Coffee County would you support going after him, Titans21?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's also be real here. If a coach is a hot property, school boards go crazy trying to hire them. Don't you think so Titans21? MC is in this shape because they 1) put more importance on football than they do education 2) don't have the greatest track record for treating coaches with respect or loyalty 3) let too many good ole boys have too much say into issues.

So no I don't have any compassion on the poor folks of Moore County except for the students who deserve better.

By the way if Price leaves, and Flatt expressed an interested in Coffee County would you support going after him, Titans21?

You are right if a big name coaches name comes to surface, you have to give him a look, however they should not let it drag out, for the kids sake. i really dont know how they treat caoches but it does apear that they have went through a few in the last few years, but they are at an disadvantage too because if a small school has a coach that does good, his name will always surface for bigger schools.

We went through the same thing with Flatt when we was trying to hire Coach Price, and almost lost him for that reason. Flatt came down unannounced said he was interested in the job, he looked at our facilities and talked to people in our community and seemed to be interested. Our Director of schools at the time talked money with him with and realized real quick we could not afford him. He also liked Price and felt he was what we needed, and he was right. So it really only set us back a week, i was just glad Price hung with us. What we did was find a coach that had experiance turning programs around, and in my opinion we got lucky finding the coach that we did. I just hope MC moves quick so they can have someone on board for Spring practice. MC has a rich tradition in Football and can be a power house once again.

You are right if a big name coaches name comes to surface, you have to give him a look, however they should not let it drag out, for the kids sake. i really dont know how they treat caoches but it does apear that they have went through a few in the last few years, but they are at an disadvantage too because if a small school has a coach that does good, his name will always surface for bigger schools.

MC does not have to have a big name coach to do well. Lots of times seems like the big name coaches who have been doing it a long time don't care as much about the team as they should. PC went through a similar situation last spring when Rice left, I know some people did not want to give Coach Bradley the job, thought he was too young and hot headed, but they gave him the chance to prove himself, and he has done that.

I think MC would be better off hiring a young coach who is still excited about the game, maybe someone who has been an assistant coach for a few years like Coach Bradley was.

Perry County with a very small coaching staff did a great job this year.

They played hard and they were very close to making the playoffs.

As far as Wayne County, Rice did a great job coming in late as he did. He will make a huge impact in the region the next couple of years.

Moore County will, like always, be expecting huge things next season. The new coach will have a challenge.

It will be very interesting to see if there is some movement this week.

You know very little about Moore County football, It's always funny that outsiders know more than anyone else.

And you know very little about anything.

Tell me about the loyalty to your basketball coaches over the years.

Tell me who really pulls the strings over in Lynchburg.

I stand correct. If you want to talk about basketball go over to that board. If you are reffering to your post about more money goes into the football program thant does education your highly mistaken. Everyone has this myth that J.D. dumps money into the program and it's workers call the shots on hiring and firing coaches. Well again your wrong. If this was the case a coach would have been hired months ago. There is nothing wrong with having your own views but at least be truthful and know what your talking about.

Edited by BURLEY

MC is in this shape because they 1) put more importance on football than they do education 2) don't have the greatest track record for treating coaches with respect or loyalty 3) let too many good ole boys have too much say into issues.

1) Don't know about putting more money into football than education, probably would guess that this is an overstatement. 2) very true 3) this could be said at a lot of places..........but would not disagree.

The Moore County coaching job is just another small school job, no more no less. People should let the Principal and Director of Schools handle the matter. Jack Daniel Dist has nothing to do with the pay or bonuses. They really don't care. The previous Head coach and his assistants are hanging on hoping for a position on the next coach's staff. That makes it hard to hire a Coach when he may have to work with those fellows. Someone is going to have their work cut out for them. Still plenty of time to get a Coach before spring ball.

The Moore County coaching job is just another small school job, no more no less. People should let the Principal and Director of Schools handle the matter. Jack Daniel Dist has nothing to do with the pay or bonuses. They really don't care. The previous Head coach and his assistants are hanging on hoping for a position on the next coach's staff. That makes it hard to hire a Coach when he may have to work with those fellows. Someone is going to have their work cut out for them. Still plenty of time to get a Coach before spring ball.

Word on the street is that S.C from a middle tennessee school has been offered $60,000 a new Tahoe, A personalized bathroom with a Plasma TV playing ongoing U.T highlights and the best 2 ply money can buy. Good Luck finding a better deal than this.

Word on the street is that S.C from a middle tennessee school has been offered $60,000 a new Tahoe, A personalized bathroom with a Plasma TV playing ongoing U.T highlights and the best 2 ply money can buy. Good Luck finding a better deal than this.

what, or who, is s.c.? are you sure that they are not offering all of that stuff to you mr. cowboy?