Goodpasture/Milan (again)

duece253

Got a couple points to make...

FIRST PLAY- Milans Wideout goes WIDE OPEN down the middle of the field with nobody 20 yards from him and he gets overthrowed. That was 6 points on the board.

Goodpasture goes three and out two straight times. I know for a fact Goodpasture didn't think that was going to happen. I honestly felt that Milan drove the ball well enough to be up by 14 at halftime but it didn't work out that way.

Milan had too many throwaway drives. We would drive it down..and then throw into double coverage..

Medley should be praised in Goodpasture High come Monday. Milan couldn't stop the big play. End of story. I knew Goodpasture was not going to come in here and dominate with long drives..I knew they would hit a big play...

Kirby from Milan should have gotten the ball more when we got inside Goodpastures 30 or so. They really didn't have an answer for him.

As for the "cheap shots"...I really don't want to hear it. Fisher is a good player obviously, but many times he was just getting frustrated. Maybe because he has ran over everyone in his path before last night? Your coach had him going both ways against some strong kids. I honestly think he had all he wanted.. I saw when he came off the field and took his helmet off..He was frustrated obviously..but there were no calls on the field which means he just got whipped a little bit.

#30 for Goodpasture knows how to tackle. He knows how to stop you in your tracks. He might have been the MVP of your defense. If anything impressed me last night it was his play, and Medleys break away speed. Milan's Defensive Backs came to play breaking up the passes and getting the INT before the half. Best Milan team since 2003 in my opinion.

I saw Mayes get upset..and obviously something happened and I can tell you right now..when you come through and block two kicks, your going to get stopped any way possible the next time. That's all I can say. If anyone was throwing shots it was #7. Verbal or Physical. That kid thinks hes good stuff.

My overall opinion is that Goodpasture is a good team. They will need to throw the ball next week and I hope they do a better job than last night. Milan is the 3rd best team in this state in 2A. Period. It was 7-6 halftime. Then 21-14 in the game. Like someone said earlier, if Milan stuffs that speed sweep, the game was over with. But they couldn't and it cost them. Milan overall had the better total offense and played a great defense. Goodpasture, you have my total support to go up to the BURO and take down Alcoa. They think they are going to walk right over you. Milan is Milan. We play football and we had thousands of people at that game last night. They gave us what we wanted. A real semi-final matchup. Pop Alcoa in the mouth and play some defense. Good luck.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a great night of football in Milan. Did GP underestimate Milan? Sounds like it. Did Milan play hard? Sounds like it. Congratulations to both teams on great seasons - hope GP thumps Alcoa. What really amazes me though - are these the same Milan posters defending their players of accusations of cheap play against GP who only a few weeks ago were so appalled by the "dirty" tactics of other teams, like a player half his size "intentionally" going for the knee of your RB? What, it's impossible to even consider your boys are capable of these tactics???

??? Goodpasture never dominated us. They beat us because they were better but at no point did they dominate. They had to work for all of it.

oknative, my superhuman statement was made in response to duece253 when he said that goodpastures defensive line "don't get tired" and when he said that goodpastures offense "cant be stoped on third down" and when he said in response to goodpasture's kicker possibly missing a PAT "that aint gonna happen."

The word superhuman was one i used because that is what duece was making them out to be. Goodpasture's defensive line did get tired, their offense did get stoped on third down (a few times), and their kicker did miss a PAT. Goodpasture is a very very good team all the way around. Not trying to say that they're not. just making my point to duece.

The superhuman statement kept being tossed around by the Milan fans like we said it and I just wanted to make sure it was clear that is was a Milan fan who indicated we were superhuman.

Just can't get over it can ya. All week before and after the game Milan posters said it was going to be hard faught game. After the game we all gave credit to Humboldt. However, some of the GP fans predicted a blow out.

nah..we're over it...last night made it better...and i didn't say that yall didn't give us credit...and GP fans were wrong obviously...but yall won because we missed a kick...yall lost last night because the great milan got beat...i was at the game and the GP knew that milan didn't have great speed so they got outside of the milan D using jet and just ran it down the sideline on ya...there was a lot of big hits out there and it was a good game...milan did have chances to score on some plays but couldn't capitalize...also when the call was made to go for it on their own 25 or 30 (whatever it was) wasn't that great of a call...but...im not going to go against a great coach making that call...im sure there was a good reason behind it

Sounds like a great night of football in Milan. Did GP underestimate Milan? Sounds like it. Did Milan play hard? Sounds like it. Congratulations to both teams on great seasons - hope GP thumps Alcoa. What really amazes me though - are these the same Milan posters defending their players of accusations of cheap play against GP who only a few weeks ago were so appalled by the "dirty" tactics of other teams, like a player half his size "intentionally" going for the knee of your RB? What, it's impossible to even consider your boys are capable of these tactics???

Do not compare milan to the team that you just compared them to. Milan plays hard nosed football but they play clean football. Neither of those can be said about that team. That RB didn't even have the ball and wasen't even going to block the kid that hit him. After the play the guy that hit him made it clear that it was intentional. No im not saying that milan is "incapable" of playing dirty. Anybody is capable of it. I'm saying that milan is above it. We play with class, we win with class, and we loose with class. That cant be sait for some teams or some players but it can be said for milan and all of their players. By the way that that rb that was cheap shot was still playing football after thanksgiving torn acl and all. I guess the kid that hit him was participating in that worlds largest pillow fight yall hosted on your football field.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

nah..we're over it...last night made it better...and i didn't say that yall didn't give us credit...and GP fans were wrong obviously...but yall won because we missed a kick...yall lost last night because the great milan got beat...i was at the game and the GP knew that milan didn't have great speed so they got outside of the milan D using jet and just ran it down the sideline on ya...there was a lot of big hits out there and it was a good game...milan did have chances to score on some plays but couldn't capitalize...also when the call was made to go for it on their own 25 or 30 (whatever it was) wasn't that great of a call...but...im not going to go against a great coach making that call...im sure there was a good reason behind it

You got beat because we beat you. We fumbled the ball to give you a chance at it and we still won. You ran adrian donald AROUND our defense and then missed the extra point We lined down and ran Jeremy Kirby and Austin Alred (with a torn acl) OVER your defense and made the kick. don't say we beat you "becuase we missed kick" we just beat you. You don't hear milan fans making excuses so i really dont care about yours.

The superhuman statement kept being tossed around by the Milan fans like we said it and I just wanted to make sure it was clear that is was a Milan fan who indicated we were superhuman.

I didn't indicate that you "were" super human. I indicated that you thought you were. But if we can agree on those terms i will gladly take credit for first using the term "superhuman"

Boy you guys need to move on. So some GP fans predicted a blowout, and guess what, I remember about a thousand predictions of Milan beating GP. Yet, I don't see the GP fans rubbing your noses in your predictions. A lot of GP fans also said it could be close.

Even I predicted once, and that was wrong too. I'd be willing to bet that not a single GUESS out of the hundreds made landed on 34-21. Perhaps if someone had the forsight to call Dionne Warwick she could have told us the exact score for 29.95 and $2.99 per minute.