UNAKA

superman 23

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first four - seniors, Church, Grindstaff, Roper, and junior, Hunter Taylor - are very good. Last week's suspension, and the fact that a very promising guard is no longer on the team, hurts. Now it will take some time for the rest to find their places/roles, but you could be right, the Rangers are promising.

Could use another big man. I think Taylor, at six-three, is the tallest player, but they're quick and scrappy.

They are promising but must start hitting the boards if they want to go down to state. I believe the Cosby game showed us this. Size is definitely our weak point and will probably hurt us down the road. Another thing that is killing Uaka is missed shots around the basket but it will come because Taylor is still making the switch from football into basketball.

Unaka will have a rough road to state, Having to go by Cloudland and Hampton and even Cosby.... If they are able to slide past these teams they'd have to match up with Possibly Harriman, OZ, or Wartburg. all 6 of these teams are really good. Unaka has a shot, but they will have a pretty rough road to The Boro. I haven't seen Unaka play, but I've seen Cloudland and Cosby and Cloudland is prolly better than cosby, or they were the night I watched them... And Wartburg is just wartburg Gonna run with they rock and put up alotta points if your not careful. Oz has a stud in Schultz that I think can almost single handedly win a game, and Harriman has 4 starters that have been there for like it seems 10 years. From what i hear unaka and harriman would be a good game cause both are quick and scrappy. Good luck Rangers.

Unaka will have a rough road to state, Having to go by Cloudland and Hampton and even Cosby.... If they are able to slide past these teams they'd have to match up with Possibly Harriman, OZ, or Wartburg. all 6 of these teams are really good. Unaka has a shot, but they will have a pretty rough road to The Boro. I haven't seen Unaka play, but I've seen Cloudland and Cosby and Cloudland is prolly better than cosby, or they were the night I watched them... And Wartburg is just wartburg Gonna run with they rock and put up alotta points if your not careful. Oz has a stud in Schultz that I think can almost single handedly win a game, and Harriman has 4 starters that have been there for like it seems 10 years. From what i hear unaka and harriman would be a good game cause both are quick and scrappy. Good luck Rangers.

The only team from district 2 thats any good is Wartburg. Oliver Springs lost 8 seniors from a team that didn't even make it out of the 1st round of the regionals. Wartburg didn't impress me last year in sub-state. Cloudland didn't even play a real good game and still beat them. On the scoreboard, Harrriman beat a sorry Oakdale team by ONLY 12, and I don't even know if the actualy won. And Cosby will be good. But Unaka went to the Eagel's Nest, didn't play deffense or rebound, and they still almost couldn't even give it to Cosby. So, whoever wins Region 1 (most likely the District 1 champion) and hosts a sub-state game will in all likely hood go to State. Unaka's biggest challenge will be the teams from their own conferance. Not Cosby, Harriman, or Wartburg. And deffinatly not Oliver Springs.

Edited by crazzyness

The only team from district 2 thats any good is Wartburg. Oliver Springs lost 8 seniors from a team that didn't even make it out of the 1st round of the regionals. Wartburg didn't impress me last year in sub-state. Cloudland didn't even play a real good game and still beat them. On the scoreboard, Harrriman beat a sorry Oakdale team by ONLY 12, and I don't even know if the actualy won. And Cosby will be good. But Unaka went to the Eagel's Nest, didn't play deffense or rebound, and they still almost couldn't even give it to Cosby. So, whoever wins Region 1 (most likely the District 1 champion) and hosts a sub-state game will in all likely hood go to State. Unaka's biggest challenge will be the teams from their own conferance. Not Cosby, Harriman, or Wartburg. And deffinatly not Oliver Springs.

Remember also that Rone or Fowler dint play for Cosby. Right there is about 25 or 30 pts. Unaka will be a team I would not wanna play in tourney time. Theyre not bad, its like this every year; slow start, strong finish. Tough schedule. Just beat Erwin. Will be a good birthday present for somebody.

Pickett county is a really good team though, If im not mistaken return all 5 starters.... and Harriman Would beat unaka, and so would wartburg... I tried to be nice but your talking like Unaka is unbeatable. Well they must not be too good losing to a very good Pickett co team by 17? OZ has Dan Schultz possibly one of the best juniors in the state. Harriman has 4 three year players. Along with Julius Goins, who is coming off a football injury although I don't know how serious that is. Cosby lost Blakenly and Manning... Their two best players by far last year. So If you think Cosby is to much better than Oz, I think your wrong. but I don't know. We will see down the Stretch. And I think Wartburg and Harriman both win their sub-state games if both teams stay healthy. but It's a lil too early to tell. But Unaka in no way has as easy as A chance as you lead on they have.

It was much worse than the score indicated. Pickett was up 64-37 and already had substituted a lot. Unaka left in some starters against the PC 3rd team and made up some points. Why does 44 start for Unaka? He's short, slow as mollassas and can't shoot.

There was a lot more talent than he has sitting on the bench. I'm glad he was in though, he helped Pickett pull away quickly. It was 18-11 after one, 38-22 at the half and 59-35 after three. But the last time Pickett beat Unaka this bad, Unaka won the state with at least 14 losses...so, you never know.