Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

TOM142

Adrian Baker has been offered by Akron and Miami,OH. Baker didn't play in the Alcoa game because of suspension and injury. Ever since the Heritage game Maryville has been great on offense because of a healthy Baker to go along with Hunt,Burnett,Maples,Douglas and Shiver.

With that being said. Maryville has played some good teams like Red Bank,MOWest,Rhea County,Central,Knox West and William Blount. None of those teams are as good as Alcoa. I would be shocked if Goodpasture beat Alcoa. This isn't a slam on Goodpasture at all. Alcoa is that good.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make a strong argument, lets just let them settle it on the field, on the field no one care's whether youre going D-1 or not, and Tate is the best high school running back ive ever seen, this coming from someone who played against Troy Fleming and Santonio Beard.

WHO????? Never heard of them.

Edited by tornadogold

TOM142

Adrian Baker has been offered by Akron and Miami,OH. Baker didn't play in the Alcoa game because of suspension and injury. Ever since the Heritage game Maryville has been great on offense because of a healthy Baker to go along with Hunt,Burnett,Maples,Douglas and Shiver.

With that being said. Maryville has played some good teams like Red Bank,MOWest,Rhea County,Central,Knox West and William Blount. None of those teams are as good as Alcoa. I would be shocked if Goodpasture beat Alcoa. This isn't a slam on Goodpasture at all. Alcoa is that good.

If they are that good then their days in 2A will be numbered, thanks for the insight

actual coaches have said that goodpasture should be playing 5A football, that is quoted in the tennessean if you would like to look it up.

Golden Tate won every award imaginable this year in the state of Tennessee (second mr.football, Midstate player of the year, player of the year from every division of the state all over, was named to the army all-american bowl, and was in sports illustrated for crying out loud) so HE IS THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE - NO DISCUSSION!!

and i love the sarcasm tornadogold

WHO????? Never heard of them.

Troy Fleming played for the Tennessee Titans and attended the University of Tennessee, he also broke Emmitt Smith's high school rushing record back in 98. Santonio Beard played for the Pearl Cohn firebirds back in 97 and 98, the John Henderson teams, he also started for the University of Alabama for 2 years before turning pro, never did make it in the pros. You probably had not hit puberty yet when those guys were playing.

The Tennessean lists Goodpasture with 377, so about as scary as that.

Ummm???!!!

Alcoa - 473 (2006 Enrollment) so no they are not almost 1A

Goodpasture - 648 (2006 Enrollment) double your numbers there bucko!!!

This coming from TSSAA at this site:

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/e2007...enrollments.htm

Edited by glover

actual coaches have said that goodpasture should be playing 5A football, that is quoted in the tennessean if you would like to look it up.

Golden Tate won every award imaginable this year in the state of Tennessee (second mr.football, Midstate player of the year, player of the year from every division of the state all over, was named to the army all-american bowl, and was in sports illustrated for crying out loud) so HE IS THE BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE - NO DISCUSSION!!

and i love the sarcasm tornadogold

Actually Chris Donald from Huntingdon is the #10 college prospect in the country!

Yeah you're right. Alcoa was 1-2 against these teams. The had their chances to beat the NATIONALLY ranked Maryville Rebels, but ended up losing 17-14, they played teir worst game of the year against Fulton (who I think if we played again we'd beat), and they ended up losing 24-21. They beat the second-best DII team in the state in McCallie. Goodpasture would've lost all those games.

Also, whoever's arguing about Golden Tate. Yes, he might one of the top players in the state, but you guys act like he's the only D-1 player you've played against.

Alcoa's played:

Maryville:

Tyler Maples- UT

Aaron Douglas- UT

Tank Baker- Been offered by some D-1 programs (Maryville fans can help me out)

Fulton:

Dennis Rogan- UT

Antonio Hamilton- Will go D-1

Charles Wiley- Ditto

McCallie:

B.J. Coleman- UT

Bradford- Heard he'll be playing football in the Ivy League

Loudon:

Josh Hawkins- UT

yea "if we could play them again" I believe I have have heard that one before