Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

Well my sources are from Alcoa's Quarterback Randall Cobb and wide reciever Kyrus Lanxter. As for who the Goodpasture players were I'm not sure. I have no idea what any of the GP players look like and wouldn't be able to tell you who any of them were if you started to show me faces.

Well, if it was at the press conference deal, I'll say there's a 99% chance that it didn't happen. I'm pretty sure there were six players from GP there, and none of them would be that disrespectful. They were all srs. and all captians for the team...I don't believe it for a second

Edited by GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my sources are from Alcoa's Quarterback Randall Cobb and wide reciever Kyrus Lanxter. As for who the Goodpasture players were I'm not sure. I have no idea what any of the GP players look like and wouldn't be able to tell you who any of them were if you started to show me faces.

I was there and Im glad you guys no who this Marsh guy is and agree with him so fast and thats only his second post...I know for a fact it didnt happen and I know for a fact Kyrus didnt say it but if you need this to feed on then do it...thia is funny to me

I go to Alcoa and I am on the team. I know for a fact they did that, and recently today at school I was told it was the defensive tackle that was up for an award. This was told to me by Shiverdecker today.

Great!MAybe if it was another player form another school I might beleive you..and thats a maybe...Maybe if you went to Goodpasture you would learn not to make things up

Okay first off I'm in a computer class. With or without you believing me it doesn't change what I've been told. I know this happened because during practice afterwards Randall stood up and told us. Today I asked Shiverdecker who it was and he told me the defensive tackle. If you don't want to believe me fine.

Well I have a little bias for East TN football, but that doesn't effect my predictions ever ;-p After much research, thought, review I have my pre game analysis. Goodpasture, I'm sorry but I really think it's going to be a long night for you all *prove me wrong I wanna see a good game.* Alcoa has much talent as they have 2 Mr. Football Award winners. I think Alcoa has sheer talent that will take them all the way on this one. Goodpasture your a good team don't think I'm taking anything away from you I rated you top 10 teams in TN ;-p I don't think it will be a HUGE blowout like alot of people seem to think as Goodpasture has their fair share of talent as well. There will be a steady stream of touchdowns for Alcoa I think and a few for Goodpasture too. Alcoa will keep a steady offense that will drive the ball well. Alcoa defense will be pretty solid as well but Goodpasture will put yards on them. I know Goodpasture won't just lay down, they will play every minute with intensity

Half

Alcoa- 28

Goodpasture-10

4th

Alcoa- 38

Goodpasture- 17

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm the one who posted that. I remeber his name was Darrell. Didn't he actually play on the DL at Vandy? Was he on the field during the 82' upset at Dudley? Are you serious about Friendship Christian's coach. I just remember it happened in front of me towards the Alcoa sideline. I was on the second row. He got up, after being leveled, and swaggered over to the Alcoa sideline. Actually I was wrong on two accounts then. The guy who hit him was named Steve Snodderly. Thanks.

Darrell Denson was an offensive lineman at Vandy. He played on the '82 Whit Taylor team that beat UT. Also, there's a UT picture of Reggie White bull rushing

Vandy about to get a sack, Darrell's the one getting bullrushed, he's #71. Yes,

that's true about John McNeil getting knocked out in that '78 game. My brother started in the secondary for GP with John. I played with Armando a few years later. By the way, the reason why we fed the Alcoa fans afterwords was because of the awesome hospitality Lake County showed us the week before in the semi's. Lake County catered catfish after that game. The '78 championship game was all new to us. We had only had a football program for 6 years and here we were in the title game. Unfortunately for us, Alcoa welcomed us to the big time that night. From my standpoint it would be nice for John to win one with Friendship and even nicer if his Alma Mater got some 28 year old payback for the championship. We'll see.

Troy Fleming played for the Tennessee Titans and attended the University of Tennessee, he also broke Emmitt Smith's high school rushing record back in 98. Santonio Beard played for the Pearl Cohn firebirds back in 97 and 98, the John Henderson teams, he also started for the University of Alabama for 2 years before turning pro, never did make it in the pros. You probably had not hit puberty yet when those guys were playing.

Hartsvillehyena, Whats up with the guy from east Tennessee not knowing who Troy Fleming is, must not be a Vol fan. I would say Shiverdecker is very comparable to Santonio Beard. I think this is going to be a close game, but Goodpasture will come out with a Championship. Those Goodpasture boys have to much heart as well as talent. Alcoa has a great team but they will have to settle with runner-up.

Okay first off I'm in a computer class. With or without you believing me it doesn't change what I've been told. I know this happened because during practice afterwards Randall stood up and told us. Today I asked Shiverdecker who it was and he told me the defensive tackle. If you don't want to believe me fine.

Am I gonna have to come to AHS and give you a spanking? :thumb:

I say Hey Hey, Big A, Let's Go All The Way!!!!!