Ravenwood vs Smyrna

tj37067

Just curious, how did your team/fans justify singling out and taunting a Smyrna football player even after he came on here and publicly apologized and wished you luck. Still want to talk about class and lack of class? How bout a little crow with them sour grapes.

Not everyone reads CoachT, so not everyone knew about the apology.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did let the smyrna kids be kids...but this time it was the football team. And when they are in uniform they represent the whole school and most importantly the type of coach they have. It was completely tasteless to taunt it in our faces. Our football team played two games with Smyrna, and they never taunted them. I don't understand why the smyrna football team would want to come on our side and taunt us while our football team was obviously upset. Atleast have enough respect for our players, or have enough respect for yourselves to act decent on TV.

Oh ok so since it was on TV we should behave. But if there aren't any cameras around than that makes it ok?

You are a joke :)

Oh ok so since it was on TV we should behave. But if there aren't any cameras around than that makes it ok?

You are a joke :)

no, I was just saying maybe since there was a TV crew there you'd want to atleast act decent so that everyone watching the game in the State wouldn't see how tasteless you were after the game.

The crap we put on these message boards has absolutely nothing to do with the way players handle themselves on the field. I really don't blame the Smyrna players for their Miami thug dances as much as I do their coach for not teaching them honor, pride and a little humility along the way.

It's obvious he has taught them teamwork and a brotherhood. I think Josh showed great honor, pride, and humility when he came on this board and tried to make amends, and when that wasn't enough his team got his back. Once again, your fans taunted all game long, don't dish anything out you can't take.

Congratulations to Symrna for an excellent game plan and execution. No question who the winner was last night. To bad they had to tarnish their win with a classless display afterward by coming over to the Ravenwood sideline leaving Smyrna fans to wait for a justified celebration on their side of the stadium. The team had an opportunity to change a sterotype but managed to solidify one instead. I guess they practiced what they had been taught. True champions do not behave that way.

I definitely agree with you. Before last night's game, all the Smyrna fans were saying that their team has changed and now had a lot more self control, respect, etc. They said it wasn't fair to judge the team after one game, and I agreed. They almost had me convinced. I thought that maybe their behavior at the regular season game was just a fluke for the team, losing on their Homecoming night and all, and that maybe they just let their emotions get the best of them. However, now I believe that's just the way the Smyrna team is. They had a chance to redeem their previous poor behavior at the state game and never acted any different. I know Coach Rector, or any other Ravenwood coach, would never stand for such poor sportsmanship, and the worst part of it was that none of the Smyrna coaches or adults were doing anything to stop them. And to all of the people talking about the fans - Yes, both sides have done a few unnecessary things, but the point is fans are out of the school's control, while the football players are still under their coaches' control.

Editted To Add: Now that I think about it, the real worst part of it is the Smyrna supporters aren't even admitting their team did anything wrong. You could at least have the respect to apologize for your players' behavior.

Enjoy your Gold Ball! :)

Edited by RHSRaptor08

I definitely agree with you. Before last night's game, all the Smyrna fans were saying that their team has changed and now had a lot more self control, respect, etc. They said it wasn't fair to judge the team after one game, and I agreed. They almost had me convinced. I thought that maybe their behavior at the regular season game was just a fluke for the team, losing on their Homecoming night and all, and that maybe they just let their emotions get the best of them. However, now I believe that's just the way the Smyrna team is. They had a chance to redeem their previous poor behavior at the state game and never acted any different. I know Coach Rector, or any other Ravenwood coach, would never stand for such poor sportsmanship, and the worst part of it was that none of the Smyrna coaches or adults were doing anything to stop them. And to all of the people talking about the fans - Yes, both sides have done a few unnecessary things, but the point is fans are out of the school's control, while the football players are still under their coaches' control.

Enjoy your Gold Ball! :)

The smyrna adults were not doing anything to stop it because they were also taunting us as we walked to our cars and on the way home. They were yelling and screaming. They honked their horns and leaned out windows and waved at us showing their smyrna clothing.

It's obvious he has taught them teamwork and a brotherhood. I think Josh showed great honor, pride, and humility when he came on this board and tried to make amends, and when that wasn't enough his team got his back. Once again, your fans taunted all game long, don't dish anything out you can't take.

I was on the side of the stadium all day long that the Ravenwood fans sat on. When did they taunt anyone?

Hey we are able to take more than you can dish, it's kind of fun reading your posts because you are off point. I guess what you are trying to say is that because some kids taunted one of your players on a message board (that mabe 1% of the fans actually see), that justifies an entire team acting like fools after they accomplish the biggest win in school history!

Are there any Smyrna fans out there that are willing to say, "Yep we are the champions and played a great game...but we should not have acted like 5yr olds afterward"?

I was on the side of the stadium all day long that the Ravenwood fans sat on. When did they taunt anyone?

Selective hearing? Even your own people say they were taunting, but it was mild (now that's funny, mild taunting at a football game of this magnitude).It's amazing how ya'll point fingers but can't seem to see your own shortcomings in the art of class and sportsmanship. Everyone that has posted about Smyrna's lack of class sound morelike sore losers than any one concerned about sportsmanship.

:) I've been thinking, it really doesn't matter what the Ravenwood fans write about our boys. We all know them. I've known mine since I gave birth to him. Most of the football team has eaten my food and has slept in my house at one point. Whenever I moved into my new house, I just asked for help, so many of them helped us move for just a bag of Krystals. Our boys just won STATE. This is not the first time our boys have tasted victory. In middle school, they dominated in football and now the cycle is just repeating itself. These boys are special in everyway because they know how to win. They love each other. They have been through so much together. No one will ever see a football boy in the community without another football boy by his side. No comment on an anonymous forum can ever change who our boys really are and how much respect that I have for them and the community that knows and loves them has for them.

Hey we are able to take more than you can dish, it's kind of fun reading your posts because you are off point. I guess what you are trying to say is that because some kids taunted one of your players on a message board (that mabe 1% of the fans actually see), that justifies an entire team acting like fools after they accomplish the biggest win in school history!

Are there any Smyrna fans out there that are willing to say, "Yep we are the champions and played a great game...but we should not have acted like 5yr olds afterward"?

Hopefully if I say this than all of yall will stop crying.

I think we could have done without that but I do not have a problem with it at all. It doesn't bother me one bit.

We didn't have to go over there and taunt Ravenwood but that's out of my hands. I'm not on the football team so it's impossible for me to know how good it really felt to beat Ravenwood. Obviously good enough to do that...

But I don't think it was wrong. I'm standing behind my dawgs.

Edited by jmu031