Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand how people could second guess the running defense of fulton...Catholic runs the same offense as lipscomb and has a top 10 back in the country (according to rivals) in harrison smith(Also was 3a Mr. football back)...In the last 3 games against fulton he walked away with less than 100 yards rushing...ONLY ONE player all year has went over 100 yards rushing this year against the fulton defense. I may be wrong but im pretty sure that not even shiverdecker, 2A mr football back gained 100. I remember in the championship fulton played with greenbrier, they had a mr football winner that was short 100 yards in roger hernden. Many of these same kids up front started that game. winters, mathis, hammilton, cobb, i think higgins also played but i dont think he started. The only player to get 100 yards on fulton rushing this year did it late in the 4th quarter against fultons JV squad. As turtle would say "Just keepin it real"

Now with that being said notice somethin...I never once downed lipscomb...BUT if lipscomb expects to win this game on the ground alone, they are in for some trouble...

I agree with you!

I really don't understand how people could second guess the running defense of fulton...Catholic runs the same offense as lipscomb and has a top 10 back in the country (according to rivals) in harrison smith(Also was 3a Mr. football back)...In the last 3 games against fulton he walked away with less than 100 yards rushing...ONLY ONE player all year has went over 100 yards rushing this year against the fulton defense. I may be wrong but im pretty sure that not even shiverdecker, 2A mr football back gained 100. I remember in the championship fulton played with greenbrier, they had a mr football winner that was short 100 yards in roger hernden. Many of these same kids up front started that game. winters, mathis, hammilton, cobb, i think higgins also played but i dont think he started. The only player to get 100 yards on fulton rushing this year did it late in the 4th quarter against fultons JV squad. As turtle would say "Just keepin it real"

Now with that being said notice somethin...I never once downed lipscomb...BUT if lipscomb expects to win this game on the ground alone, they are in for some trouble...

fultonfalcon2006.

Good post. I don't think this Cobb was on that team, I think it was Tyrone and I think you are right about Higgins being in the rotation. As I posted earlier, Fulton's front 7 are a handful, and they can shut down backs. You are right about Smith and Shiverdecker. They can also create problems for teams who decide to throw. Freeney, Smith, and Rogan did a number on Lanxter (West Virgina Commit) and Sommers (Offered by UT, South Carolina) @ Alcoa. Fulton brings pressure.

On the other hand, when a disciplined team with a sound gameplan that has the coaching and skill sets to adjust that plan comes to play, I have seen the Falcons get out of sync.

Example #1 would be the first Catholic game where Smith only got about 6o yds, but only had about 10 carries. He gashed the secondary for about a buck fifty receiving because it was unexpected.

Examalpe #2 would be the first 1/2 of the 2nd Catholic game where Smith was a decoy, and Hartman had close to 100 yds rushing in the 1st half becuse it was not expected. I know.......Fulton won.

Point is that DL has a disciplined team and the coaching and skill sets to adjust. Focus on Elrod, and Davis can gash the secondary. Use Elrod as a decoy, and let Hunt get some real quick. Focus on them and the Rodgers kid could become dangerous in a hurry.

I will be very surprised if this game is a blow out either way. Both staffs are very good, as are the teams, and players.

On a seperate note, I would be equally surprised if any true Falcon fans are on here bashing the DL program. I am not a player, parent or in any other way connected with the Fulton program, and I will predict that after the game, no matter what the outcome, the DL players will be impressed with the tough but CLEAN brand of ball they play. I would also expect the DL fans will be impressed with the sportsmanship demonstrated by the Fulton family.

fultonfalcon2006.

Good post. I don't think this Cobb was on that team, I think it was Tyrone and I think you are right about Higgins being in the rotation. As I posted earlier, Fulton's front 7 are a handful, and they can shut down backs. You are right about Smith and Shiverdecker. They can also create problems for teams who decide to throw. Freeney, Smith, and Rogan did a number on Lanxter (West Virgina Commit) and Sommers (Offered by UT, South Carolina) @ Alcoa. Fulton brings pressure.

On the other hand, when a disciplined team with a sound gameplan that has the coaching and skill sets to adjust that plan comes to play, I have seen the Falcons get out of sync.

Example #1 would be the first Catholic game where Smith only got about 6o yds, but only had about 10 carries. He gashed the secondary for about a buck fifty receiving because it was unexpected.

Examalpe #2 would be the first 1/2 of the 2nd Catholic game where Smith was a decoy, and Hartman had close to 100 yds rushing in the 1st half becuse it was not expected. I know.......Fulton won.

Point is that DL has a disciplined team and the coaching and skill sets to adjust. Focus on Elrod, and Davis can gash the secondary. Use Elrod as a decoy, and let Hunt get some real quick. Focus on them and the Rodgers kid could become dangerous in a hurry.

I will be very surprised if this game is a blow out either way. Both staffs are very good, as are the teams, and players.

On a seperate note, I would be equally surprised if any true Falcon fans are on here bashing the DL program. I am not a player, parent or in any other way connected with the Fulton program, and I will predict that after the game, no matter what the outcome, the DL players will be impressed with the tough but CLEAN brand of ball they play. I would also expect the DL fans will be impressed with the sportsmanship demonstrated by the Fulton family.

Im pretty sure terrence was playing then. I played on that team and i do know that he started as freshman but for some reason right now i cant remember if he is a soph or junior...so i may have been wrong...I do agree that catholic did a great job of adjusting their gameplan in the 2 games played...With that being said... I came to this conclusion after watching that game...

1.) Smith tore fulton up with his recieving the same way mason from pearl cohn did...height...mason made some great catches in even better coverage, because he was 6 in. taller than fultons TALLEST back...some of the defenders surrendered 8-9 in to him, the same problem occured with smith...The biggest problem defensively fulton has had is tall recievers, bc the defenders are all pretty short. Despite the lack of size, they still had GREAT coverage.

2.) Fulton WAS NOT gonna let smith beat them like he did in the 1st meeting...Therefore, they triple covered him, and then had to defend other recievers as well...At times this left only 5 or 6 men in the box, giving catholic enough room to run...Fulton's half time adjustments shut the run and pass down and catholic couldn't move the ball...

To the Lipscomb fans, most(if not all) of the large predictions have been made by people not affiliated with the falcon program...The TRUE falcon faithful will show up saturday to watch the pads do all the talking...You wont find much trash talk from the REAL fulton faithful...

Edited by fultonfalcon2006

First of all, anyone who uses the term "LOL" deserves to be banned not only from CoachT, but also from the planet earth. It just makes you look too mature for these boards. Secondly, in reference to a prior post, I propose that instead of Fulton vs. David Lipscomb, we pay the TSSAA $10 to see Billy vs. Chuck. We'll give them an all time quaterback, and it's one on one football. Forget talking about the real game, I want to hear about this fictional matchup. I'm taking Billy in the categories of in-game coaching and pure speed. However, Chuck has a level of preparation that no one in the state can hold a candle to, and if canes are allowed, that might swing the outcome. That's just one man's opinion.

First of all, anyone who uses the term "LOL" deserves to be banned not only from CoachT, but also from the planet earth. It just makes you look too mature for these boards. Secondly, in reference to a prior post, I propose that instead of Fulton vs. David Lipscomb, we pay the TSSAA $10 to see Billy vs. Chuck. We'll give them an all time quaterback, and it's one on one football. Forget talking about the real game, I want to hear about this fictional matchup. I'm taking Billy in the categories of in-game coaching and pure speed. However, Chuck has a level of preparation that no one in the state can hold a candle to, and if canes are allowed, that might swing the outcome. That's just one man's opinion.

Secondly if you can't spell Quarterback you should be banned from coacht and the planet earth!!! I can be just as smart as you!!! Must be a Lip-SCUM fan???!!! LOL :lol: LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by glover

Secondly if you can't spell Quarterback you should be banned from coacht and the planet earth!!! I can be just as smart as you!!! Must be a SCUM fan???!!! LOL :lol: LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That post reminds me, does anyone know if the TSSAA offering handicapped seating at the games this week?

Secondly if you can't spell Quarterback you should be banned from coacht and the planet earth!!! I can be just as smart as you!!! Must be a Lip-SCUM fan???!!! LOL :) LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that you can't get over that David Lipscomb owns a 5-1 record over your beloved Smith County Owls. You're almost 30 years old and you really need to get over your bitterness toward the Lipscomb program. Most people age gracefully and mellow over time. I'm sure the folks in Carthage are very proud of your posts here on Coach T.

I guess that you can't get over that David Lipscomb owns a 5-1 record over your beloved Smith County Owls. You're almost 30 years old and you really need to get over your bitterness toward the Lipscomb program. Most people age gracefully and mellow over time. I'm sure the folks in Carthage are very proud of your posts here on Coach T.

I really don't care what anyone thinks of me and mostly not you!!! I don't know you and really don't care to know you! Yes DL has a winning record over my beloved SC Owls. Who cares about that in here? I'm proud I'm getting to you and will continue doing so now that I know this!!! Got a problem with it? 2 bad!!! By the way :) Have A Nice Day!!! :)

I really don't care what anyone thinks of me and mostly not you!!! I don't know you and really don't care to know you! Yes DL has a winning record over my beloved SC Owls. Who cares about that in here? I'm proud I'm getting to you and will continue doing so now that I know this!!! Got a problem with it? 2 bad!!! By the way :) Have A Nice Day!!! :)

It looks like I hit your NERVE. You're not quite in the same league with Bulldog 69, Coach Hard or Bomb Squad and his gang. Keep working at it. I see that you are having some fun over in the Alcoa and Goodpasture thread. Perhaps your talents are more appreciated over there.

Perhaps Lipscomb fans and internet afficianados, its time to begin talk about all of the McMustang Traditions and folklore.

It looks like I hit your NERVE. You're not quite in the same league with Bulldog 69, Coach Hard or Bomb Squad and his gang. Keep working at it. I see that you are having some fun over in the Alcoa and Goodpasture thread. Perhaps your talents are more appreciated over there.

Perhaps Lipscomb fans and internet afficianados, its time to begin talk about all of the McMustang Traditions and folklore.

Not many can get on my nerve. Certainly not you. I really don't know any of the others you mentioned nor do I care. You shouldn't worry about me anyway, you have Fulton coming in with alot of momentum. Fulton wins over Lip-SCUM by 17!!!