Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one thing that demoralizes a team more than anything is the opposing team being able to control the ball and clock on offense. Nothing that I've seen drags a team down more than having their offense kept off the field. Having to watch the other offense getting little 4 yard plays on the their defense time and again, converting 3rd down and shorts time and again, and having long sustained scoring drives that take 10+ plays, just saps the life out of a team. It hurts the other offense because they sit, get frustrated, get anxious, etc. So, I think Lipscomb winning this football game against an explosive offensive back like Rogan will rest on their ability to control the clock IN THE FIRST HALF and keep the ball away from him as much as possible. Getting good yards on first down will help that. If Fulton's offense gets many chances, Rogan will break a long one eventually because he's so talented, so DL must limit those chances as much as possible early and do it with the offense.

John005.

That is the strategy for success. No doubt. In fact Catholic controlled the ball, clock and game for the first 3 quarters. Score was 13-zip when the 4th began. Final was 18-13; Falcons. Talk about taking the life out of a team, seeing all those 10 play, 3rd dowm conversions, sustained drives, etc go poof in less than 12 minutes. I am telling you these Falcons are mentally tough, not just physically gifted. But that is a good plan. As I have said before, the winner will be the one that adjusts, and executes those adjustments the best. No plan survives 1st resistance.

They may be a physical team...if you look at my post maybe you will notice i never said they weren't...BUT how can you tell they are THE MOST physical team fulton has played all year? They haven't played alcoa or catholic...

Well, I didn't say Lipscomb was THE MOST physical, although they may very well be. I simply said that I can't say those other teams Fulton has played will be any MORE physical than Lipscomb.

To use the word "most" would indicate a solid fact. This was just a meager Middle Tennessee opinion of mine, not fact.

For example, I could say, "Some in East Tennessee seem not to realize that MOST of the state of Tennessee extends west of the Cumberland Plateau."

Well, I didn't say Lipscomb was THE MOST physical, although they may very well be. I simply said that I can't say those other teams Fulton has played will be any MORE physical than Lipscomb.

To use the word "most" would indicate a solid fact. This was just a meager Middle Tennessee opinion of mine, not fact.

For example, I could say, "Some in East Tennessee seem not to realize that MOST of the state of Tennessee extends west of the Cumberland Plateau."

Thanks John for clearing up the whole "MOST of the state of Tennessee extends west of the Cumberland Plateau" thing. Here in Knoxville, we have been wondering for the past 100 plus years why in the world there are three stars on OUR state flag:)

I don't car who yar, thats funny right der. Giterrrrdone!!

Fulton's Hamilton and Rogan will both have huge performances. Fulton rolls over David Lipscomb 20-14

Is this a serious question? DLHS wont even get close.

Fulton 30

DL 10

GG, nice try boys.

David Lipscomb will win the 3A state championship... and then they woke up.

Fulton- 33

Lipscomb-7

May I remind you that to be a member of this “Elite Poster” club, there are several requirements that you first need to meet.

1. You must pass a written and oral competency exam.

2. You must pass a thorough mental evaluation.

3. You must pass an intense and strenuous physical exam.

4. Get through “The Bulldog69 Boot Camp” without crying for Mama.

5. Be able to beat COACHARD in arm wrestling.

6. Have more screen names than BombSquad.

7. Get your real estate license.

8. Make up riddles and rhymes on a whim.

9. Know what buttons to push to get under peoples skin.

10. Learn to play the bag pipes.

David Lipscomb-24

Fulton-18

Oh yeah...those Fulton Fans?? ..they would never disrespect the DL folks.

The sheer arrogance of these fans is enough to turn most fans against the mighty? sparrows...I mean Falcons.

I mean I agree with coachhard especially about his number 1 and of course..my favorite number 4. What an opportunity for bombsquad to unleash his multiple identities to those of you unknowing Fulton people.

Guys...just tell it like it is...DL WILL NOT beat itself....if and I mean if Rogan gets loose then Fulton wins...(and you know what the Bulldog says about "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!!!"

...if Rogan does not have a big game...welll?? One thing is for sure the Fulton kicking game WILL NOT win the game for the sparrows..I mean Falcons.

You would think after reading about all these All-Americans at Fulton...the games should never be played...just mail them the trophy. I am sorry but I know DL has seen size and speed. When you play them, it is hard for ONE guy to beat them. I am currently in Knoxville and I can tell you that the feeling from Fulton is that they are going to "roll" over DL with speed and strength. The kids there believe it as do the coaches....they keep comparing this game to the Greenbrier game. I am leaving tomorrow for the BORO if weather allows