JCS

JaxMan

They dont if they play sports well!

Offer one shred of proof.

You obviously aren't aware of the students, including good athletes, who have left JCS over the years because the burden of paying tuition became more than parents could bear.

You need to be prepared to defend what you say when you question the integrity of people, especially people you don't know.

Edited by Gocart

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont if they play sports well!

Mphstigerfan, I have read your posts and one theme runs through them all, you are a very bitter person about private schools. Can you not take out your frustrations on the thread for that discussion?

Re: your comment. . .remember USJ lost their state title in baseball two years ago because two players' tuition payment was more than 60 days late (the school was being merciful, but TSSAA rules say it has to be timely or else). They were stripped of their title for not paying the tuition on time.

Guest ladysportsfan

Voice of Reason I will try to be the voice of reason on a topic that has gotten a little out of hand. First of all ReitzFan should be called Wrong Fan as all of his posts are usually wrong or he only has a few misconstrued facts. People should have all the facts before shooting off their mouths. (1) JCS has a wide base of students,coming from many counties.They and many other schools run buses into other counties.There are public school examples of the same level as students from one county go to school in another county but they aren't bussed in .The exception to this would be school systems that are under Federal Court Orders,students are not to come in from other counties.Therefore it is fair for the TSSAA to move them to 2A football due to having an advantage in student population area.

(2) USJ,self reported their violation,otherwise it probably would have gotten by.There is one very good example of some nifty footwork in getting by the tuition rule,perhaps legally,but probably not legal,on the part of someone for a former JCS football and basketball player.There is really no 100% accurate way to verify tuition,it depends on honesty.It's alot like statistics you can make them say what you want them to.

(3) Athletes have different abilities.

Bottom line the game is over,cheer the victors and the other team.Let the TSSAA run H.S. sports...Let's play ball Fri. and Sat. in Murfreesboro.

Edited by ladysportsfan

thanks stlbss22...Clay has come along way...I think people tend to forget that he played receiver until this year as McDonald started...it took him some time to learn new position and new system with coaching changes...he has gotten better each game...and hope that continues as we need a big game out of him next week...

Hang on a sec now....Clay played QB in some scrimmages his junior year and did very well. So the position wasn`t totally new to him. I agree about learning the new system though.

I wrote off JCS a long time ago. Why are y`all still playing? :lol:

Best of luck to the Eagles this week Jaxman. :thumb:

thanks Volgen...your right Clay has played some JV his Jr and maybe even some his Sop years...I think the plan all along was to have him at QB...but he had a good McDonald kid 1 yr in front of him so it was his Senior yr before he got the job...and if I was honest, I never thought we would still be playing either...after getting blasted by Southside I would have put money on a second round playoff exit...the team has come together, played through some hard times and seem to be peaking at just the right moment...

Edited by JaxMan

Voice of Reason I will try to be the voice of reason on a topic that has gotten a little out of hand. First of all ReitzFan should be called Wrong Fan as all of his posts are usually wrong or he only has a few misconstrued facts. People should have all the facts before shooting off their mouths. (1) JCS has a wide base of to students,coming from many counties.They and many other schools run buses into other counties.There are public school examples of the same level as students from one county go to school in another county but they aren't bussed in .The exception to this would be school systems that are under Federal Court Orders,students are not to come in from other counties.Therefore it is fair for the TSSAA to move them to 2A football due to having an advantage in student population area. (2)USJ,self reported their violation,otherwise it probably would have gotten by.There is one very good example of some nifty footwork in getting by the tuition rule,perhaps legally,but probably not legal,on the part of someone for a former JCS football and basketball player.There is really no 100% accurate way to very tuition,it depends on honesty.It's alot like statistics you can make them say what you want them to.(3)Athletes have different abilities. Bottom line the game is over ,cheer the victors and the other team.Let the TSSAA run H.S. sports...Let's play ball Fri. and Sat. in Murfreesboro.

We all know that USJ self-reported. It serves as a high standard for everyone. I applaud them. But, if MphsTigerfan thinks that athletes don't have to pay tuition he is the one that is wrong, thus my post.

Mphstigerfan, I have read your posts and one theme runs through them all, you are a very bitter person about private schools. Can you not take out your frustrations on the thread for that discussion?

Re: your comment. . .remember USJ lost their state title in baseball two years ago because two players' tuition payment was more than 60 days late (the school was being merciful, but TSSAA rules say it has to be timely or else). They were stripped of their title for not paying the tuition on time.

I may be speaking out of turn--but maybe I can shed some light on mphstigerfan's bitterness--we have not had--in the past -the best experience with privates. We sometimes believe that they have found ways around TSSAA rules. Sometimes we know the kids and their financial means. We have also not found them to be as sportsman like as JCS. So while it may seem that his bitterness is unfounded (and I'm sure in your case it is) such is not the case with some that we have dealt with for the last several years. I will apologize on behalf of Mt. Pleasant if we offended. :lol:

Tigersfan...thanks for your kind words...I think we both have fans who may not represent our programs as we wish...I am sorry for your prior private school issues...the whole private public thing gets complicated and hard to solve...I have my opinions but no real answers...thanks again for your support and for the class act your program is...

We too have a sore spot as you may can tell form some of our supporters posts..we chose to have the word Christian in our name...and therefore we are held to a higher standard...if any fan yells or makes unsportsman remarks we are critisized...we have yet to learn how to ocntrol all of our fans...but the core of our program is truely about bringing glory to God in all we do...I hope at least some of that was apparent to MP fans...and I am sorry for the times it wasn't

Edited by JaxMan

i would just like to congradulate jcs for making it to the boro. though my tornadoes are not there this year, i know the eagles will represent west tn well. as a boro alum, i just like to express how big an honor it is. win or lose, there will be tons of emotion (and after its over, there will be tears. for either joy or sorrow. there is no avoiding it. :o ). for the seniors it is going out on top, for the juniors and underclassmen it is an experience that will make you want to return. jcs, represent the west, show them how real football is played. though ill always love the purple and gold, maybe for now ill be blue.

GO EAGLES!!! :thumb:

go tornadoes!! :lol: