milan 2007

bulldoggfan

He was the starter the past two seasons and is very fast ..but Logan Parker,the star quarterback from Obion Central the past several seasons transferred to Dyersburg this year and was named the starting quarterback before he had his first practice with the Trojans..So..Dyersburg decided to move the kid you saw at quarterback to play in the slot or maybe several positions ..may end up like a Reggie Bush and with Tyler Caldwell and others at the skill positions will be more loaded ..Dyersburg hired the dad of the kid from Obion Central to be a counselor so he ended up transferring to Dyersburg and with his Dad now being a new employee in the Dyersburg system ,got a hardship and doesn't have sit out a year ...He's a better passer than the kid you saw and knows the Dyersburg system as the new Dyersburg coach this year was his coach at Central the past few years ..So..all in all..Dyersburg is expected to be probably the best team in our area and maybe the State..Barring injuries..this team could really be a special team..as in a State championship team..But..that's on paper,so who knows..but most people seem to believe this may be Dyersburg's year and hopefully it is!

I agree yall have the potential to have a year to remember. Coming from expereince, just make sure all the Ts are crossed with the kid moving. It stinks to have games that you earned stripped from you for no reason.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan"s D looked pathetic vs D-berg. They couldn't find the ball. The D-berg "2nd string" QB had 160 yds on 2 rushes and 2 TD's in the first 10 minutes of the scrimmage. Every D-Berg TD was UNTOUCHED into the endzone. Milan's center/QB exchange was a prob in the spring....it's even worse this fall, so far.

Edited by cofo

Milan"s D looked pathetic vs D-berg. They couldn't find the ball. The D-berg "2nd string" QB had 160 yds on 2 rushes and 2 TD's in the first 10 minutes of the scrimmage. Every D-Berg TD was UNTOUCHED into the endzone. Milan's center/QB exchange was a prob in the spring....it's even worse this fall, so far.

milan will be great and they have the trojans respect!!!!!

I agree yall have the potential to have a year to remember. Coming from expereince, just make sure all the Ts are crossed with the kid moving. It stinks to have games that you earned stripped from you for no reason.

I'm not from Dyersburg but with his dad being hired as a teacher or in this case a counselor,he is automatically given a hardship without sitting out..A few years ago the Mitchell kid played for Dyer Co in basketball and Ripley hired his mother and he ended up playing ball his senior year without having to sit out or having to move!

By thw way..I wrote on another post but some may not read it..The First Look Scrimmage is tonight at Newbern..Halls is playing Dresden at 7:00 in the first game followed by Haywood and Brighton at 8:00 and then Dyer Co will play Jackson Northside at 9:00..I'm anxious to see some of these teams and Dyersburg next week in the jamboree..I love seeing good teams..Best time of the year!

Edited by mrbigster

Well we had our anual scrimmage with Mayfield yesterday. I was unable to attend. I heard things went pretty well. Any first hand accounts?

Milan scored two times very quickly. One on a quick out for about 70 yards and another after Mayfield had fumbled at their own 25/30 ish. We averaged about 5/6 yards a play running during that short drive. Mayfield scored once on the first team but 3 times on the second team. Milan added one more later in the scrimmage. Mayfield's last score was by the defense on the last play of the scrimmage.

The starting center didn't play and Milan's best player is out until probably week 2. They will be just fine.

Maybe Milan and Dburg will both make it to the Boro'.

Milan should be fine..don't remember when they didn't have a good team..Based on what I saw out of Haywood..I believe Dyersburg is the team to beat!

I was at the Milan vs Mayfield scrimmage and Milan was still a little rusty, but once they get healthy and work all the kinks out I believe they will be the team to beat in region 82A.... Also I was reading about the Dyersburg scrimmage about all the fumbled snaps, and I dont recall any in the Mayfield game.