milan 2007

bulldoggfan

Milan is losing 18 seniors..that will hurt them very badly, but i think they will recover and have an average season.

Don't let that number fool you...Milan as I have said before on other threads has a tradition not a good team...good teams graduate...traditions don't...Milan will be Milan...you can count on a fight every Friday night they play...I have followed High School football in West Tenn since the 70's...I never remember Milan being average

Edited by JaxMan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan is losing 18 seniors..that will hurt them very badly, but i think they will recover and have an average season.

That might hurt some teams but not us. We should be better next year than we were last. The big losses are Wells, Alred, and Kirby. But we return Bledsoe, Williams, Pearson, Anderson, and Moore who were all big scoring threats this year. Luke Postoak will start at QB next year if the kid from Dresden doesn't take his spot. Don't know anything about the dresden kid but Luke is a better passer than Wells was. Both are also bigger (6'3", 200). Also have a couple of superstars in next years sophomore class. Remember these three names...Gilbert, Adkisson, and Bledsoe.

Luke Jackson was going to, but he tore all three ligaments in his knee week 1 against CC. There was initially a 50-50 chance he would play again but I think his recovery is coming along well. He will be a junior and is the oldest son of Coach Tim Jackson. Before he got hurt he was benching over 300 and timed a 4.9, but I don't know how the surgery will affect his speed, he actually had to get a donor ligament for his damaged pcl which turned out to be an acl so now he has 2 acls. If he doesn't start there I would look maybe to Brian Bledsoe's younger brother Chris. He will be a load but he's only going to be a soph.

And as 12yr said...Not a lot of those senior played and the kids who will fill the vacated spots will be more talented than their predecessors.

Edited by bulldawgs#1

That might hurt some teams but not us. We should be better next year than we were last. The big losses are Wells, Alred, and Kirby. But we return Bledsoe, Williams, Pearson, Anderson, and Moore who were all big scoring threats this year. Luke Postoak will start at QB next year if the kid from Dresden doesn't take his spot. Don't know anything about the dresden kid but Luke is a better passer than Wells was. Both are also bigger (6'3", 200). Also have a couple of superstars in next years sophomore class. Remember these three names...Gilbert, Adkisson, and Bledsoe.

I truly believe we will reload as always. I look for a little more passing out of the offense this year.

if you're talking about the coleman kid whose transferring from dresden, i don't think he will be eligible for spring sports(someone please verify). he pitches and can play any position on the field consistently although i have told him he needs to be behind the plate or right field with the arm that he has. if i was coaching him he would be behind the plate and maybe doing some late inning relief pitching.

i thought you had to sit out until the following school year.. but if he can play on the diamond then he would have chance to show his arm on the hill and help out bulldog baseball

I think this will be our first QB over 6 ft. since we went back to back. I like our chances.

What's the word on Archer? Anybody know? If he's healthy, I could see him playing some LB.

George West stood at 6'1"

hope he can play too, but if we're gonna keep talkin baseball we need to move this discussion to the baseball forum.

I would move this discussion to the baseball forum, except only plus members can post on the off season sport