milan 2007

bulldoggfan

We wouldn't like it but we would know there was nothing we could do about it. After this years debacle I fully expect every I to be dotted and T to be crossed before someone is approved as an eligible transfer.

So, you're saying it's okay for you guys to goggle over a transfer, but if USJ did it you would be offended. Doesn't that strike you as being hypocritical?

For the record, I have no problem with Milan or anyone else, public or private, getting transfers. As long as those transfers meet the requirements -- tuition, actually moving, etc., etc. Just hope you guys realize this is the second year in a row you have received a young, talented transfer from a region opponent. . .

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're saying it's okay for you guys to goggle over a transfer, but if USJ did it you would be offended. Doesn't that strike you as being hypocritical?

For the record, I have no problem with Milan or anyone else, public or private, getting transfers. As long as those transfers meet the requirements -- tuition, actually moving, etc., etc. Just hope you guys realize this is the second year in a row you have received a young, talented transfer from a region opponent. . .

For the record Milan is a successful program. A program that some are jealous of, others want to come and be a part of it. If someone meets the requirements according to the rules then so be it. If that bothers USJ then that is their problem. USJ has found out what BIG BOY FOOTBALL is all about when they were bumped to 2A. With only 2 region wins in 2 years, both vs Gibson Co., they have found out that 5 wide and throwing 50 times a game just will not cut it at this level. Also, if I am not mistaken the transfer from this past year was told to leave USJ. I also think it was proven that one player does not make a team with another trip to the Semi-Finals without the transfer playing. The future is bright for the next few years at Milan. :)

Luke Jackson had a bad injury. What are his chances of being ready the first week?

I think Gilbert, Adkisson, and Bledsoe will challenge starting spots as sophomores on the D side.

Same thing I was thinking. I think Adkisson has a good shot at the DB spot vacated by TCain. Also think Gilbert has a good shot at OLB and little Bledsoe might get some time at DE. Might see Adkisson and Gilbert on the offensive side as well.

Same thing I was thinking. I think Adkisson has a good shot at the DB spot vacated by TCain. Also think Gilbert has a good shot at OLB and little Bledsoe might get some time at DE. Might see Adkisson and Gilbert on the offensive side as well.

Yeah, those 3 will be playing next year. Gilbert will be starting at LB and Adkisson will be a head hunter at DB. Chris Bledsoe will be huge when he's senior.

Those are 3 very good soon to be sophomores.

I didn't say I would be offended. I said I wouldn't like it. There is considerable difference. I don't like anything which strengthens my opponents teams.

Yeah, those 3 will be playing next year. Gilbert will be starting at LB and Adkisson will be a head hunter at DB. Chris Bledsoe will be huge when he's senior.

Those are 3 very good soon to be sophomores.

i agree. the soon to be sophomore class is loaded with talent but these 3 lead the pack of 25. little bledsoe isnt very small, i think hes 5'9'' and about 170 and Gilbert is 5'11'' and prolly around 170-175 by looking at him. Adkisson isnt big but hits like a train. i think he broke a kids collar bone in middle school.

If i remember correctly Milan was the last team who was penalized by the TSSAA for cheating so dont say anything about USJ and people from private schools being jealous.

Yes milan was penalized and had to forfeit five games. But lets pause to think for a moment:

--milan had to forfeit five games and still wound up in the seims and gave an excellent undefeated team a run for their money beating them at in every stat except final score. USJ did not have to forfeit any games, they actually received a *win because of our situation, and still turned their pads in with plenty of time to practice up for the big pillow fight held on Kirkland Field.

--Milan has the longest running playoff streak in the state in any classification and is the only team to ever win back to back state championships in two different classifications. USJ...uhhh not so much.

--Milan had to forfeit four wins this year which just so happens to equal the number of games USJ has won the last two years combined.

Yeah, i think jealous is the right word.

Edited by BulldawgDynasty

BulldogDynasty... One of my favorite sayings is "Jealousy breeds contempt". When you have one of the best programs in the state year in and year out everyone likes to get their shot in at you. Maybe on CoachT but not on the gridiron.. :thumb:

It sounds like Milan will be Milan again next year. One thing I've noticed in the last few years and watching games at the Boro for several years now, is that teams in West Tn are still trying to win by power football in AA and AAA. This may work well around here but against upper level teams in Middle and East Tn the game has changed. I WILL say a teams personel will dictate to a coach what offense they run. We were able to beat Lipscomb by only throwing 2 passes in 2003 but they were a power team then too.

If you think GP was good and better than Milan last week, wait till this weeks game at the Boro.. Alcoa will win going away. Too much offense and good defense to go with it. They spread it out and seem to put pressure on the corners and outside covers and then zip... Shiverdecker breaks a long one. GP will have a motivational edge after getting blasted last year and it will be close till the half. If GP wins it will be a big shock to me.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

BulldogDynasty... One of my favorite sayings is "Jealousy breeds contempt". When you have one of the best programs in the state year in and year out everyone likes to get their shot in at you. Maybe on CoachT but not on the gridiron.. :thumb:

It sounds like Milan will be Milan again next year. One thing I've noticed in the last few years and watching games at the Boro for several years now, is that teams in West Tn are still trying to win by power football in AA and AAA. This may work well around here but against upper level teams in Middle and East Tn the game has changed. I WILL say a teams personel will dictate to a coach what offense they run. We were able to beat Lipscomb by only throwing 2 passes in 2003 but they were a power team then too.

If you think GP was good and better than Milan last week, wait till this weeks game at the Boro.. Alcoa will win going away. Too much offense and good defense to go with it. They spread it out and seem to put pressure on the corners and outside covers and then zip... Shiverdecker breaks a long one. GP will have a motivational edge after getting blasted last year and it will be close till the half. If GP wins it will be a big shock to me.

Mr. Mustang, Will you be in the Boro this weekend? If so I'd like to look you up.