milan 2007

bulldoggfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With milan's first scrimmage of the summer tommorow i cant wait to see what we're looking like live.

The only good thing for fans in a scrimmage is to finally see the kids on the field. I am sure Dyersburg will be bringing a very talented team over today. Hopefully, Milan can focus on things they have to improve on and both teams will come out of today healthy and improved.

Somebody be sure to let us know how the scrimmage turns out.

Dyersburg won the scrimmage today - TD's were 8-3 or 9-3, I am not sure. Dyersburg had some very good skill athletes!!!!

I think Milan will be fine. They have some things to work on. Saw a lot of positive things by young sophs. Overall, I think we will be just fine come game time. I don't think either team had anything major injury wise. That is also big.

Dyersburg won the scrimmage today - TD's were 8-3 or 9-3, I am not sure. Dyersburg had some very good skill athletes!!!!

I think Milan will be fine. They have some things to work on. Saw a lot of positive things by young sophs. Overall, I think we will be just fine come game time. I don't think either team had anything major injury wise. That is also big.

How did Coleman look??

fumbled a lot of snaps. Who knows whos fault that was but it makes the whole team look bad. Easily fixed though.

Two years ago at Obion Central,OC was scrimmaging Liberty and had a kid playing center that had been playing tackle....OC snapped the ball 10 straight times and had qb/center exchange fumbles 10 straight times....The coach changed centers after that scrimmage and OC had one qb/center exchange fumble the next two seasons...It's not the QB's fault alot of the time on those types of things....I know some,not all,but some Milan fans will be a little concerned about the blowout loss in the scrimmage to Dyersburg...I wouldn't put too much stock into that score...Alot of people will be blown out by Dyersburg this season.....Milan is Milan and will be there when it counts in the playoffs...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Two years ago at Obion Central,OC was scrimmaging Liberty and had a kid playing center that had been playing tackle....OC snapped the ball 10 straight times and had qb/center exchange fumbles 10 straight times....The coach changed centers after that scrimmage and OC had one qb/center exchange fumble the next two seasons...It's not the QB's fault alot of the time on those types of things....I know some,not all,but some Milan fans will be a little concerned about the blowout loss in the scrimmage to Dyersburg...I wouldn't put too much stock into that score...Alot of people will be blown out by Dyersburg this season.....Milan is Milan and will be there when it counts in the playoffs...

thats what i ment by who knows whos fault that was. It could be either or both of them. I wouldn't be too worried about fumbling snaps in the first scrimmage of the year. That can and will be fixed. There was a lot of good things done and thats what matters.

milan's big qb looked impressive throwing the ball. dyersburg started out in a loose coverage exspecting milan to run the ball more. the final score was 6-1 with the first string kids and 3-2 with the young kids. dyersburg played several freshman against the seconds.... at one time they had 5 freshman on the field. the last score milan threw the long ball on a freshman corner, but having said that BE READY MILAN IS A VERY TALENTED TEAM....and should go deep in the playoffs...... dyersburg played this scrimage with out their starting qb and starting middle linebacker.!!!!!

Edited by trojanfan56

Heard Milan had 5 different centers in preactice last wwek, trying to put people where they can have the most depth for the team. All that will settle soon. I remember 2 or 3 years ago, Milan lost all the scrimmages and looked really bad. Lost to Haywood and looked horrible. Haywood did not win a game that year and Milan went deep.

Dyesburg sounds like a team to beat.