district 4 AAA

ihavenofriendzz

Just want to add a note about the Farragut William Blount game; William Blount played like a bunch of thugs. I thought that it couldn't get any worse than Clinton, but it did. The submarine in the third quarter by a William Blount player to a Farragut player was about the dirtiest play I've seen in a while. Also, the refs did a horrible job officiating the game. You knew that you were in for a bad game when the ref can't throw the tip up right. It took him 3 times to do it.

WB as a team is not so bad (dirty) but the one player that undercut the Farragut kid has a history of playing dirty. This is not his first time he has tried to take a player out on a driving layup with an undercutn. He did the same to Tyler Maples during their last meeting and I was told he had done it earlier in the year. In the Maples event the WB coach dismissed it as a hustle play... :thumb: but obviously he was trying to take him out. Too bad the refs didn't toss him. It would have been justified IMO. This is the most dangerous and dirtiest ploy in basketball IYAM.

WB plays with Baumanns personality...hard nosed and in your face bball. That is the good side of things.They are just so competitive. You are right though about the undercutting..it has no place on the BBcourt.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice whine on the refs.....Maryville didn't get the picky calls?...... :thumb: Not sure what game you were at and I'm sure you had your farragut colored glasses on but neither team was able to escape the ineptness of that group of refs. I thought they were going to foul both teams out. Maryville had a run early in the third where three fouls in a row were missed, all against Maryville. Then I witnessed a couple of "make-up" calls against Farragut. Seriously inconsistent from the refs.....but in all honesty that is how it has been most of the year.

This small older fellow from Jefferson County needs to retire from the whistle. I hear from a few other refs that he is considered the "gem" of the region by the head ref but from what I have witnesses his judgement is poor at best. Let me validate that statement by saying that he is poor for both teams....

Maybe he just struggles when he is at Maryville, and that's all I can speak to, but he has really struggled in the games I have witnessed him in the last couple of years.

A question to the Farragut fans......What's up with the parent/fan of Farragut that harrassed Basile all night from the stands? To go after a highschool senior as he did is rather classless IMO. Yes.....Basile is emotional and can be an easy target but going after a HS kid because he plays hard and with emotion is a little overboard for a parent.

The refs as a rule have been bad this year. They need to remain neutral. As far as the parent fan and Basile goes that is a sign of his ability and he should take it as a compliment. But adults need to act like adults. Puleo was a target all year because she played with emotion and more importantly they could not stop her on the court. The best players will always draw attention from somewhere....fans , coaches and other players.......

I predict WB will beat Karns and play for the championship of the regions. Mark it down.....

thats a good one Wilson.

HB2021. doesnt Farragut have a reason to talk trash in football? i mean it was 5 times in a row before this year. and ive had the baseball thing up for like 2 weeks. before this conversation even started. so its not like i put it up to rub in Bearden's face. no matter the sport Bearden talks 10X more trash than any other school. its just a known fact. Bearden will completely deny it but its true. yes Farragut talks some trash and loses.. like in baseball. but they made up for it and won state. but Bearden loses consistently and still talks trash. i will never forget that Bearden rushed the field in football when they beat Cumberland County.

Feartheveer.. the last time Farragut went to sub-state in basketball was in 2004. good call on that one though.

everyone else talking about refs. and the guy on the other page i cant remember his name saying i had farragut colored glasses. i never blamed the game on the refs. i said that farragut lost the game themselves. the refs didnt lose it for them. both teams did get some picky fouls but farragut got a few more. there were un called fouls that definitely shouldve been called and refs this year in the district have been kind of bad.

also BosemanWBfan are you saying that the refs called alot of fouls on Puleo? from what ive seen that girl gets every call know to man to go her way. she just falls down 90% of the time and gets a call. its ridiculous. i did love the air ball she shot about 2 minutes after the celebration of her scoring her 2500 point. that was a classic, she fell on that shot, surprised she didnt get a foul called.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

thats a good one Wilson.

HB2021. doesnt Farragut have a reason to talk trash in football? i mean it was 5 times in a row before this year. and ive had the baseball thing up for like 2 weeks. before this conversation even started. so its not like i put it up to rub in Bearden's face. no matter the sport Bearden talks 10X more trash than any other school. its just a known fact. Bearden will completely deny it but its true. yes Farragut talks some trash and loses.. like in baseball. but they made up for it and won state. but Bearden loses consistently and still talks trash. i will never forget that Bearden rushed the field in football when they beat Cumberland County.

Man, you are looking at the world through Farragut colored glasses. I do not want to argue with you, but, Farragut talks as much trash as any school I can think of. Yes, Farragut has Bearden's number in football and continually rubs it in Bearden's face. Bearden does not continually lose. How many times did they beat Farragut in basketball and baseball last year? All I am saying is you bring on yourself. As much as you hate Bearden, they are not the losers you make them out to be. As for them rushing the field, Farragut tore the fences up at Bearden by climbing and rushing the field year before last as your atheletic director watched and did nothing. That's something I will not forget.

what is an athletic director going to do to stop 1000+ students? he wouldnt stand a chance.

did i say Bearden people were complete losers? no. they are good at soccer i will admit that. its just Bearden people are in so much denial its ridiculous. they talk about how Farragut kids are rich and are brats. Bearden is the exact same way. but they refuse to believe it. Farragut people atleast realize they are the same as Bearden. most of the time when Farragut people talk trash to Bearden fans its with friends. not on a message board. the only time i talk trash on here is when im tired or reading about Bearden people doing it. i dont remember ever talking trash on the football board for Farragut and Bearden in football. i was probably the only person in Farragut that didnt want to play Bearden in the playoffs the last 2 years. after the game when Farragut won i got on and said were are all the Bearden people. i mena there was more trash talking by them than anyone.... other than that rigger guy.

is there anything else about the basketball games that took place in the tournament?

what is an athletic director going to do to stop 1000+ students? he wouldnt stand a chance.

did i say Bearden people were complete losers? no. they are good at soccer i will admit that. its just Bearden people are in so much denial its ridiculous. they talk about how Farragut kids are rich and are brats. Bearden is the exact same way. but they refuse to believe it. Farragut people atleast realize they are the same as Bearden. most of the time when Farragut people talk trash to Bearden fans its with friends. not on a message board. the only time i talk trash on here is when im tired or reading about Bearden people doing it. i dont remember ever talking trash on the football board for Farragut and Bearden in football. i was probably the only person in Farragut that didnt want to play Bearden in the playoffs the last 2 years. after the game when Farragut won i got on and said were are all the Bearden people. i mena there was more trash talking by them than anyone.... other than that rigger guy.

is there anything else about the basketball games that took place in the tournament?

how about FHS guy, he was the worst. the knife cuts both ways. PS they are good at baseball too. Ask Tommy Farr.

Yeah I've got something: Wait and see Maryville and Farragut will meet one more time this year. I said this in another thread, but I thought I'd add it here too.

The only way they meet again is in the stands watching a game. I doubt Maryville will get past Oak Ridge and Farragut will have all they wanted in Powell. Then one of them has to get past Halls...not likely...a much stronger district is 3AAA