district 4 AAA

ihavenofriendzz

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree. at first people posted but since the new year its dead. im disappointed.

i like football too but i wish more people would care about basketball like they do football. it be much more exciting and i wouldnt be talking to myself for 5 days at a time on here. there are 3 pretty good teams in the district and a few other teams that are alright. there should be no reason that no one cares about basketball. maybe we should make a region 2 thread. that way it includes district 3.. and opens up the fan base. plus its getting close to tourney time.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

i agree. at first people posted but since the new year its dead. im disappointed.

i like football too but i wish more people would care about basketball like they do football. it be much more exciting and i wouldnt be talking to myself for 5 days at a time on here. there are 3 pretty good teams in the district and a few other teams that are alright. there should be no reason that no one cares about basketball. maybe we should make a region 2 thread. that way it includes district 3.. and opens up the fan base. plus its getting close to tourney time.

In the next ten days, the top three will all play each other and I think we will have alot to talk about. I would like to hear your predictions for how the standings will be then.

i heard the District Tournament is set up different this year.

the first 4 teams in the district host the first round game, so there are no byes and no automatic bids to the region. then the next rounds are @ Maryville.

Region is set up different also.

Are you sure? If this is true, then I definately don't like it. At least in the old system teams were somewhat rewarded for the regular season with automatic byes, now they don't get anything but a home game. I also liked having all the games at one location...

yeah i dont like the no bye thing but atleast they give em a home game. so it could be worse. they couldve just not rewarded them at all. made em play at a neutral site and not give the top 2 teams byes. it would make for some very interesting games. and even this way with the home games thing it will be interesting.

as far as the top 3 teams playing.

Farragut plays @ Maryville tomorrow. then Farragut plays Bearden Friday.

Bearden and Maryville play @ Bearden next Tuesday (23rd).

i hate making predictions but i'll say Farragut wins @ Maryville then loses to Bearden then Bearden loses to Maryville. keeping Farragut at #1 Bearden #2 and Maryville #3. or if Farragut loses to Maryville then Farragut will beat Bearden and then Maryville will still beat Bearden. keeping Farragut @ #1 and then Bearden and Maryville would be tied wtih 3 loses.

its hard to make predictions when these teams play because they are so even that anything can really happen.

well id say bearden has a better chance at losing at fhs and beating maryville at home. i saw bhs play both teams and i thought bhs was better them maryville so i think we should win this game tomorrow, but on friday thats gunna be hard to get out of there with a win. NIck you really think we'll beat yall ?

i dunno. i have a feeling that u will, but i really really hope im wrong. Bearden seems to be playing alot better now than they were earlier this year. I haven't seen Maryville play with their football players so thats why its so hard for me to predict who will win. but CU06 i agree with u that Farragut's best chance of losing is to Maryville but with rivalry games (FHS/BHS) u never know what can happen. and woth Bearden and Farragut being pretty even this year its even tougher. Bearden def. has the size advantage. but i think Farragut has the better shooters. as for Maryville they lost by 4 to Farragut @ Farragut and they lost by 2 to Bearden @ Maryville.i believe both of those loses were without their football players. so the game Tomorrow and the game next will both be good games. Maryville could come away with 2 wins for all i know. and Farragut could get 2 loses and then thered be a tie for 1st assuming the teams dont lose to anyone else.

Farragut won tonight @ Maryville 69-62. Farragut started on a 12-0 run. then i think Maryville was up by atleast 3. then Farragut went on another run. and i believe Farragut's largest lead was 15 in the 3rd qtr. in the 4th Maryville cut it to 5 but just couldnt get a shot to go down and Farragut kept getting rebounds.

Farragut won tonight @ Maryville 69-62. Farragut started on a 12-0 run. then i think Maryville was up by atleast 3. then Farragut went on another run. and i believe Farragut's largest lead was 15 in the 3rd qtr. in the 4th Maryville cut it to 5 but just couldnt get a shot to go down and Farragut kept getting rebounds.

It seems High School basketball is not a hot topic in Knoxville. Farragut should take Bearden Friday night unless they are cold from the field. Bearden is big, but young. Part of the problem in Knoxville is the News Sentinal. Their coverage of high school sports is terrible. The Prep Extra selection for football was awful. They need to keep up with Knoxville atheletes in stead of Blount co. etc. These other counties have their own papers and own all star selections that do not include Knoxville athletes. All KIL used to be an honor. That has gone by the wayside.

Does anyone know the tie-breaker if Bearden and Farragut end up with one loss each in district and it is to each other?

i heard that they draw numbers at the beginning of the year and if there ends up being a tie the team with the numver closest to 1 wins the tie breaker. i dont know how true that is but thats what i heard. thats the only way i can see it working though. saying the team with the better overall record isnt really fair because some teams play in tourneys and some dont. other than what i heard i have no clue what they would do.