Positive messages to William Blount Coaches

theDL

Govman................give me a score tonight. I think it goes down to the wire. WB doesn't have the horses this year but they are too well coached to get blown out at home. My guess is a 3 point game going either way.

I HOPE it will be that close. Coach Baumann has a hard-working, fundamental group of guys, but they are "small" and can't come close to matching Maryville's depth or size. The Gov's played a great first half on Tuesday at Farragut, but looked like they ran out of gas in the second half.

You're right about "well coached." David does a great job of x'ing and o'ing and competing with teams that it doesn't look like they ought to be able to compete with. I hope we can make it interesting.

You're right about Mr. Allison. He was a jewel.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game didn't go as I would have liked tonight... but at least we got the sound track going for the dance team :rolleyes:

TG24 look at the bright side. W.B. has awesome dance and sound systems. Gov-Man sounds great behind the mike with those great ole big speakers at the W.B. football games.

If I ever run into a kid in my neighborhood, looking fer a career in dancing, DJ-ing, or loud announcin', I would whole heartedly recommend William Blount High. :unsure:

:rolleyes:

TG24 look at the bright side. W.B. has awesome dance and sound systems. Gov-Man sounds great behind the mike with those great ole big speakers at the W.B. football games.

If I ever run into a kid in my neighborhood, looking fer a career in dancing, DJ-ing, or loud announcin', I would whole heartedly recommend William Blount High. :unsure:

Don't forget cross country, track and field, and tennis (we've had some really good tennis teams the past few years ... especially girls). :blink:

Tylers dad , Danny, did not play for MHS. He starred @ Everett High and earned a scholarship to what was then Memphis State. He was an outstanding high school player who was derailed by knee injuries. Tylers Uncle Ricky played in junior high@ Eagleton and then attended spring practice with Everett prior to his sophomore year. It was the final year of the old county school(76-77). He decided that he would be better off @MHS and decided to go there in the fall. It turned out to be the right move as Everett finished 2-8 and Maryville won there 2nd state title. Other Eagleton players who went that year to MHS were Ronnie Irwin , Mike Casteel and Jeff "Moose" Evans. Just a little Blount County sports history. :rolleyes:

You are correct Coalman... I my haste to say something positive to the WB coaches I screwed up my facts. The sad part is I played for the Bears/Cubs.

There were also a few Eagleton players that went to Alcoa in a wave a few years later.

You are correct Coalman... I my haste to say something positive to the WB coaches I screwed up my facts. The sad part is I played for the Bears/Cubs.

There were also a few Eagleton players that went to Alcoa in a wave a few years later.

You think Punky had anything to do with those Eagleton boys going to Alcoa? Or was that before his time? :rolleyes:

You think Punky had anything to do with those Eagleton boys going to Alcoa? Or was that before his time? :rolleyes:

Gov-Man I don't know about Punky getting the Eagleton boys to Alcoa. I was however, surprised he didn't get that good girl basketball player from Friendsville High (I believe her last name used to be Newman) to Alcoa. :unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Gov-Man I don't know about Punky getting the Eagleton boys to Alcoa. I was however, surprised he didn't get that good girl basketball player from Friendsville High (I believe her last name used to be Newman) to Alcoa. ;)

you'z guys! haha ya kill me. Let me commend everyone on the success of this topic. It's been a mainstay on the boards for a while now. Way to go WB fans!

"sometime's it's easier to cash in your chips" :thumb:

you'z guys! haha ya kill me. Let me commend everyone on the success of this topic. It's been a mainstay on the boards for a while now. Way to go WB fans!

"sometime's it's easier to cash in your chips" :lol:

DL,

I'm trying to figure out who you are ! Give me some kind of clue. You're obviously a fan of the young, genius freshmen coaching duo of Garner and Whitehead ... two guys who's names will be mentioned much in the same way as Fulmer and Cutcliffe or Belicheck and Weiss, before it's all said and done. B)

Alcoa has always attracted kids form the Eagleton area. After all , it is only 5 minutes away. Compare that to Heritage being about 25 minutes away and it is not surprising. I remember growing up in Eagleton back in the 70's we always heard that the city of Alcoa was going to annex the area. It never happened. :lol:

Alcoa has always attracted kids form the Eagleton area. After all , it is only 5 minutes away. Compare that to Heritage being about 25 minutes away and it is not surprising. I remember growing up in Eagleton back in the 70's we always heard that the city of Alcoa was going to annex the area. It never happened. :lol:

My in laws who lived in Jackson Hills said they turned down Maryville and Alcoa over the years, as far as annexation. The Village should be in Alcoa, since ALCOA built the village. I caught a lot of grief wearing my Bears jersey to Eagleton with all of those Vikings around.