MR FOOTBALL

GlenChervin

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions?

Chris Donald got it for 2A lineman, and he is a very good player, and has been for the last 4 years. But he didnt play for over half the year from what I have heard and read from other forums. Mark Fisher's team is in the state championship and he is very vital for the defense and offensive side of the Goodpasture football team, he played all year, and made a difference which is very hard to do on the line. He sacked Lewis County's quarterback knocking him out of the big 1 vs. 2 game before the region championship. My vote would of been for him, but what are you going to do... Complain lol a lot of good that is going to do.

Chris Donald got it for 2A lineman, and he is a very good player, and has been for the last 4 years. But he didnt play for over half the year from what I have heard and read from other forums. Mark Fisher's team is in the state championship and he is very vital for the defense and offensive side of the Goodpasture football team, he played all year, and made a difference which is very hard to do on the line. He sacked Lewis County's quarterback knocking him out of the big 1 vs. 2 game before the region championship. My vote would of been for him, but what are you going to do... Complain lol a lot of good that is going to do.

The award is for the best player at his given position, that's why Donald got the award. I must say i was very impressed with Fisher. With that being said they should consider an alternative for defensive players. How about a Reggie White award or something of that resembles the Butkis award?

Chris might not have deserved the award for his performance this year because of his hurt hamstring but we all know the award is not based on what you do in 1 year. Chris had a great career and im pretty sure the award was given to him for that reason and the fact that he has made such a name for hisself.

Chris might not have deserved the award for his performance this year because of his hurt hamstring but we all know the award is not based on what you do in 1 year. Chris had a great career and im pretty sure the award was given to him for that reason and the fact that he has made such a name for hisself.

If its not for one year, then why is there not just seniors up for this award??????

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

If the best player in the state is a freshman there is no way he would win the award. So when they get to be a junior and senior everybody knows their name and no matter if they have their best year or maybe the worst they have had since they were in high school it is very likely that they will win the award. Name and popularity is everything in these awards everybody knows he is a top 25 player in the country and gave him the award. That is just the way it works.

congragt's to all that won ...i can't find anything to see who won...did brandon davis from coalfield get anykind of reward ..

Congrats to Golden Tate from Pope John Paul II HS for winning DII Mr. Football for the second year in a row. Tate also won Middle Tennessee Player of the year AND the 26th Annual Charles Greenhill award for the BEST player in the State in ALL classifications.