State Championship Attendance

cbg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the attendance was low because of two things. One the temperature. If they would have played last weekend when it was 78 outside instead of 46 then maybe more people would have come. Secondly I think is shows a lack of dedication to the school and the kids. More and more people are wrapped in themselves. I think all high school sports should be celebrated. We all work hard at our sport. Not one is more important than the other.

I think the attendance was low because of two things. One the temperature. If they would have played last weekend when it was 78 outside instead of 46 then maybe more people would have come. Secondly I think is shows a lack of dedication to the school and the kids. More and more people are wrapped in themselves. I think all high school sports should be celebrated. We all work hard at our sport. Not one is more important than the other.

Not to mention USC-UCLA and the SEC championship game. How do they count people like me who get there during the 1st game and watch all 3? I really hate the no re-entry rule because $3 for popcorn is asinine. Thank God the bathrooms were heated though.

Personally, I find the numbers for the D2 Championship

games the most surprising. 2,205 for the

BA - McCallie game?

Three factors that impact the attendance of the D1 games:

1) Weather

2) Any location other than a home field.

(Fans obviously don't travel well to these games)

3) TV - option for the casual fan to watch the game

on TV

How big of a supplement is the TV fee?

What is the total attendance and revenue figures for

all the games? Four playoff rounds have to create

significant revenue.

According to my math, the D1 Championship games

sold 26,627 tickets @ $10/tix. $266,270 Gross.

Edited by StanTrott

Put that game in Mufreesboro, and how many people show up?

If DB ever makes it to Murfreesboro, will they draw 13,000

to a title game? How many fans will stay home and watch

it on TV?

I cant believe how low the numbers were. DB vs South in the regular season had around 13,000 at least in ticket sales. All of these championship games should have more than that.

It looked like more than that just from what I saw on TV. I wonder if they are reporting actual attendance or just what.

The timing of the 1A game is crappy. 3:30 on Friday. Maybe they could have it later, move the 2A game to Saturday and the 5A game to Sunday, by itself. It would presumably have the highest attendance of the games and because it is the highest classification, this would set it apart. I personally like it better at MTSU. I just don't like much about the Vandy stadium and it is always at least 15 degrees coolder there than anywhere else.

Rest assured, Ronnie and the T$$AA are laughing all the way to the bank. The whole deal is about the T$$AA making money not the kids or the fans.

I like the games at MTSU. But with the distance for some families, $10. ticket, Parking fees, Food in Murfreesboro and maybe a hotel there are people who are glad the games are on TV just so they can watch them because being there can be very costly if your drive from Memphis or Kingsport. The T$$AA makes money off of the TV broadcast too.

TN Blue Cross who also pay the T$$AA a fee so the games can be called the Blue Cross Bowl.

The T$$AA pays the officials, gives them a coin and flag and that is it.

The kids get the memories, a hat from the sponsor, and some food & bus ride to the game.

We boosters get to buy the rings and pay for the jacket patches.

The timing of the 1A game is crappy. 3:30 on Friday. Maybe they could have it later, move the 2A game to Saturday and the 5A game to Sunday, by itself. It would presumably have the highest attendance of the games and because it is the highest classification, this would set it apart. I personally like it better at MTSU. I just don't like much about the Vandy stadium and it is always at least 15 degrees coolder there than anywhere else.

I don't think they want to go against the NFL.

I think those are the two main reasons. I really think the school pride and dedication is definitely not there like it used to be. And like you said, people are so wrapped up in themselves and priorities have changed. Even when Riverdale played in the finals, were their crowds even big? I think it's like that for basketball as well.