2007 2A Favorites

bulldawgs#1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember next year TSSAA is setting the brackets. Who knows where you will be placed.

Per TSSAA:

(2) Placement of teams in the brackets: Here we will deviate from the traditional bracket. Once the 32 teams have been selected for the playoffs the schools will be grouped into four 8-team quadrants. This grouping will be done without regard to region alignments. The grouping will take into account factors such as even distribution of the #3's and wild cards in the four quadrants, geography, etc.

(3) Seeding the teams in the brackets: Once the four quad brackets are created, the eight teams within each bracket will be seeded from 1 - 8. All #1 region finishers in the bracket will be listed in the bracket using standard TSSAA football regulations, i.e., head-to-head (if applicable), overall records, etc. Once the #1 seeds are placed in the bracket, the same procedures will be used for the #2 teams, then the #3 teams, and then the wild card teams. You will also place the teams so that #1's and #2's from the same region would not meet until the quarterfinal round of the playoffs. Once the teams are seeded in the bracket, the home team will always be the higher seeded team.

Major Differences in the Playoff Bracket

Schools will not know until the bracket is released where they will fall or what line they will be placed on. It is possible that a team could play a team from their region in the first round (example: #1 is in first seeded position and #4 is a wild card team placed in the #8 seeded position). Teams in the same region may not be in the same quadrant, depending on wild cards and geographic location of all 32 schools. Also, teams in the same region (probably Region 5) could go to the opposite bracket (upper and lower), depending on wild cards and geographic location of all 32 schools.

Final details of the playoff brackets in Class 2A will be determined by the Board of Control at a later Board of Control meeting prior to the beginning of the 2007 season.

Gee, thanks. We had no idea TSSAA made those changes. :thumb:

"East Top 5

Alcoa

Tyner

Smith Co.

Loudon

Boyd"

I don't think Loudon will be in the top 5...they're losing Hawkins, remember? And, they were beaten in the playoffs this year by Sweetwater.

Loudon may be losing hawkins, but your forgeting who was his back up. Tyler campbell wont have much of a problem feelings hawkins shoes cause now tyler is finally going to be the num 1 and show people what he can do..

:D I hate to post this, but I also understand there are a couple of transfers coming in as well. One is a FB/LB Stud. I'm not making this up either.

I hate to admit this but the LB/FB stud you speak of is coming from Carpenters Middle. He is about 6' 1" and weighs around 195. He was also all county I believe. He played offensive line and defensive line towards the end of the year. He has absolutely huge feet to be this young too. My son tells me they are size 16. If he grows into those feet he should be around 6' 4" or 6' 5". His brother was actually Brock Evans an offensive lineman for Maryville last year who now plays college football. Hopefully he is not leaving and this is all just a rumor. :thumb:

Edited by WBdadFORLIFE

I hate to admit this but the LB/FB stud you speak of is coming from Carpenters Middle. He is about 6' 1" and weighs around 195. He was also all county I believe. He played offensive line and defensive line towards the end of the year. He has absolutely huge feet to be this young too. My son tells me they are size 16. If he grows into those feet he should be around 6' 4" or 6' 5". His brother was actually Brock Evans an offensive lineman for Maryville last year who now plays college football. Hopefully he is not leaving and this is all just a rumor. :thumb:

You would think he would follow his brother to Maryville????

I hate to admit this but the LB/FB stud you speak of is coming from Carpenters Middle. He is about 6' 1" and weighs around 195. He was also all county I believe. He played offensive line and defensive line towards the end of the year. He has absolutely huge feet to be this young too. My son tells me they are size 16. If he grows into those feet he should be around 6' 4" or 6' 5". His brother was actually Brock Evans an offensive lineman for Maryville last year who now plays college football. Hopefully he is not leaving and this is all just a rumor. :lol:

No, it's a kid from a Knoxville area school. Parents are selling home and moving to Alcoa. Again, this is what I heard from some locals. I do hope Alcoa gets the Evan's kid as well. I think there will be quite a few from area Middle Schools checking out Alcoa/Rankin. However, they have limited space for transfers.

No, it's a kid from a Knoxville area school. Parents are selling home and moving to Alcoa. Again, this is what I heard from some locals. I do hope Alcoa gets the Evan's kid as well. I think there will be quite a few from area Middle Schools checking out Alcoa/Rankin. However, they have limited space for transfers.

Go figure???!!! :lol:

I like how this thread went to an all alcoa thread! LOL :D

Good job this year!!! :lol:

I just hope Alcoa can keep Defensive Coach Brian Nix for years to come!

Yes, Alcoa will be young team next year. But, boy-o-boy do they have some serious talent coming! Even another Warren! :)

-BlountCountySportsFan

CPA is my early pick, very well coached team that runs the spread offense, great line play and scrappy players at the skill position. Their QB has a chance to be one of the best to come out of TN in my opinion. Im sure Alcoa will reload as usual, GP will be down this year ive heard, theyll be back in 2008, my prediction is CPA over Milan in 07, i was very impressed how the Dawgs played the cougars, i just hope one of those two teams smacks Alcoa in the mouth next year, tired of hearing about how great Alcoa is...

my prediction is CPA over Milan in 07, i was very impressed how the Dawgs played the cougars, i just hope one of those two teams smacks Alcoa in the mouth next year, tired of hearing about how great Alcoa is...

Yea, your right..............Alcoa does not deserve hearing how great they are......its JUST three straight championships............NOT four!! :thumb:

Don't be a hater for some other teams sucess! Go out and work harder to beat the best :D

-BlountCountySportsFan