2007 2A Favorites

bulldawgs#1

Alcoa does lose a ton, but they were alot better than everyone that they played in 2A. Maryville will be alot tougher next year. The lines will be the big change. Bart will be missed at LB. Hodge is the only returning starting LB I believe, but he is a good one. In the secondary it will be Sommers and Thompson. A good 2A corner I am sure is on the team, and another safety. On offense the line loses alot, the only returner I know is Couter, who has played with Cobb for a long time. While Alcoa losses alot on defense, I am sure that Cobb will be an amazing QB next year, and has Sommers and Thompson at wide reciever. Sommers is already highly recruited, and Thompson should be. A 32 on the ACT in 8th grade and athletic skills. He is very coachable and has great potential. I believe these next 2 years he becomes a player known to more than just Alcoa. I have also heard the name, Tyler Robinson or something like that. I think he is a freshman, but he showed promise. I believe Alcoa can make it back next year, but maybe not with the shutouts and blowouts, but the offense is still fast and high powered. I believe Hodge would be the running back. I would like to see Alcoa-Milan.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa's 2007 lineup (my projection)

*- '06 starter

QB- Randall Cobb *

RB- Troy Hodge

FB- Connor Miles

WR- Brian Sommer *

WR- Sam Thompson *

TE- Daniel Robinson

OT- Josh Kincannon *

OG- Jeff Hickman *

C- Seth Coulter *

OG- ?

OT- ?

DE- Daniel Robinson

DT- Seth Coulter

DT- Jeff Hickman

DE- #86

LB- Troy Hodge *

LB- Connor Miles

LB- David Williams

CB- Brian Sommer *

CB- Cameron Battles

SS- Sam Thompson *

FS- Andrew Mitchell

*- '06 starter

QB- Randall Cobb *

RB- Troy Hodge

FB- Connor Miles

WR- Brian Sommer *

WR- Sam Thompson *

TE- Daniel Robinson

OT- Josh Kincannon *

OG- Jeff Hickman *

C- Seth Coulter *

OG- ?

OT- ?

DE- Daniel Robinson

DT- Seth Coulter

DT- Jeff Hickman

DE- #86

LB- Troy Hodge *

LB- Connor Miles

LB- David Williams

CB- Brian Sommer *

CB- Cameron Battles

SS- Sam Thompson *

FS- Andrew Mitchell

I think you mean Tyler Robinson, not Daniel for DE. Daniel is a little guy.

atually the robinson that you are thinking of is the big FR. Tyler Robinson and not daniel. daniel is a freshman that plays wr. For alcoa next year the lineup will more than likely look like this:

P.Ss by the way alcoa will more than likely be in a spread look next year to take adavantage of the personel they have

QB- cobb

TB- hodge

WR- sommer, thompson, mitchell (dee suddereth, ben hughes)

TE-tyler robinson- 6-4 220 as a freshman. best hands on the team last year and played in every game as a frosh. A lot like douglass from maryville. not as good yet. but still very very impressive

c-coulter- returning starter

g-?

g-hickman-returning starter and by far and away alcoas best lineman last year

t-possibly dosset who started a few games this season also as a blocking TE

t-kincannon- returning starter

DE-Robinson

DE

T- Hickman

T-coulter

LB-hodge

LB-miles. gonna be a good LB

LB? williams (the upcoming freshman tyson)

c-battles

c-sommer (jaron toney) toney is going to be great

s-mitchell( sommer) if toney keeps going at this rate sommer could end up at saftey to get alcoas best 4 dbs on the field.

s-thompson- should be all-state as a soph

still gonna be quite a good lineup. Not as good as last year but still good enough to get back

*- '06 starter

QB- Randall Cobb *

RB- Troy Hodge

FB- Connor Miles

WR- Brian Sommer *

WR- Sam Thompson *

TE- Daniel Robinson

OT- Josh Kincannon *

OG- Jeff Hickman *

C- Seth Coulter *

OG- ?

OT- ?

DE- Daniel Robinson

DT- Seth Coulter

DT- Jeff Hickman

DE- #86

LB- Troy Hodge *

LB- Connor Miles

LB- David Williams

CB- Brian Sommer *

CB- Cameron Battles

SS- Sam Thompson *

FS- Andrew Mitchell

I heard about another Warren, but he is not near as good as Brandon is he, not that that is a bad thing, BW set the bar high.

IMO, Daryl Warren is better, comparing them both at the 8th grade. Brandon Really turned it on his Soph. year.

Daryl was amazing to watch running the ball this year! My guess 190-200 lbs?

I know Coach Rankin was all smiles after watching the middle school team play.

Remember next year TSSAA is setting the brackets. Who knows where you will be placed.

Per TSSAA:

(2) Placement of teams in the brackets: Here we will deviate from the traditional bracket. Once the 32 teams have been selected for the playoffs the schools will be grouped into four 8-team quadrants. This grouping will be done without regard to region alignments. The grouping will take into account factors such as even distribution of the #3's and wild cards in the four quadrants, geography, etc.

(3) Seeding the teams in the brackets: Once the four quad brackets are created, the eight teams within each bracket will be seeded from 1 - 8. All #1 region finishers in the bracket will be listed in the bracket using standard TSSAA football regulations, i.e., head-to-head (if applicable), overall records, etc. Once the #1 seeds are placed in the bracket, the same procedures will be used for the #2 teams, then the #3 teams, and then the wild card teams. You will also place the teams so that #1's and #2's from the same region would not meet until the quarterfinal round of the playoffs. Once the teams are seeded in the bracket, the home team will always be the higher seeded team.

Major Differences in the Playoff Bracket

Schools will not know until the bracket is released where they will fall or what line they will be placed on. It is possible that a team could play a team from their region in the first round (example: #1 is in first seeded position and #4 is a wild card team placed in the #8 seeded position). Teams in the same region may not be in the same quadrant, depending on wild cards and geographic location of all 32 schools. Also, teams in the same region (probably Region 5) could go to the opposite bracket (upper and lower), depending on wild cards and geographic location of all 32 schools.

Final details of the playoff brackets in Class 2A will be determined by the Board of Control at a later Board of Control meeting prior to the beginning of the 2007 season.

atually the robinson that you are thinking of is the big FR. Tyler Robinson and not daniel. daniel is a freshman that plays wr. For alcoa next year the lineup will more than likely look like this:

P.Ss by the way alcoa will more than likely be in a spread look next year to take adavantage of the personel they have

QB- cobb

TB- hodge

WR- sommer, thompson, mitchell (dee suddereth, ben hughes)

TE-tyler robinson- 6-4 220 as a freshman. best hands on the team last year and played in every game as a frosh. A lot like douglass from maryville. not as good yet. but still very very impressive

c-coulter- returning starter

g-?

g-hickman-returning starter and by far and away alcoas best lineman last year

t-possibly dosset who started a few games this season also as a blocking TE

t-kincannon- returning starter

DE-Robinson

DE

T- Hickman

T-coulter

LB-hodge

LB-miles. gonna be a good LB

LB? williams (the upcoming freshman tyson)

c-battles

c-sommer (jaron toney) toney is going to be great

s-mitchell( sommer) if toney keeps going at this rate sommer could end up at saftey to get alcoas best 4 dbs on the field.

s-thompson- should be all-state as a soph

still gonna be quite a good lineup. Not as good as last year but still good enough to get back

:thumb: I hate to post this, but I also understand there are a couple of transfers coming in as well. One is a FB/LB Stud. I'm not making this up either.