Moments from 2006!

Big Country

Now that the 2006 season is over I'd like to hear some of the great memorable moments that stick out to you all from this past year. Thinking about some of them makes me look forward to 2007 already :angry:

I'll Remember:

1.) Austin Lohin's great performance to lead Sycamore to a 30-28 victory over Cheatham Co. in week three despite all kinds of trick plays and pulling cats out of the bag by the young Cubs who nearly pulled off the upset.

2.) Cheatham Co. overcoming a 1-4 start (0-2 in the region) & Sycamore overcoming an 0-3 region start and both teams making the playoffs in the same year for the first time since 2003.

3.) Cheatham Co. going on the road in the first round of the playoffs and battling what at the time was the #2 ranked team in Class 3A to a 42-35 shootout (the Cubs actually lead in the third quarter at one point 35-28).

4.) Sycamore going on the road in the second and third rounds of the playoffs for their rematches with Station Camp & Pearl-Cohn. They avenged their previous loss to the Bison by a score of 24-13 behind Austin Lohin's great 3TD performance but lost to PC 32-18 thanks to the great heroics by Firebird wideout Rashad Mason who had a long TD catch and returned a punt 90 yards for a TD (breaking two tackles along the way to paydirt).

5.) The greatness that has come to be known as Knoxville Fulton who I saw the last two weeks against the midstate's top two 3A teams in Pearl-Cohn & David Lipscomb. The Falcons got two straight 200+ yard rushing performances by tailback Dennis Rogan (who I wish the best of luck at UT) who finishes his high school career with 81TD's (including tying the single season record for TD's today).

NOTE: Your list HAS TO include games that you actually saw personally this year. Don't list things that you only heard about because those won't be the moments you truly look back on and remember seeing yourself from this past year :thumb:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the 2006 season is over I'd like to hear some of the great memorable moments that stick out to you all from this past year. Thinking about some of them makes me look forward to 2007 already :angry:

I'll Remember:

1.) Austin Lohin's great performance to lead Sycamore to a 30-28 victory over Cheatham Co. in week three despite all kinds of trick plays and pulling cats out of the bag by the young Cubs who nearly pulled off the upset.

2.) Cheatham Co. overcoming a 1-4 start (0-2 in the region) & Sycamore overcoming an 0-3 region start and both teams making the playoffs in the same year for the first time since 2003.

3.) Cheatham Co. going on the road in the first round of the playoffs and battling what at the time was the #2 ranked team in Class 3A to a 42-35 shootout (the Cubs actually lead in the third quarter at one point 35-28).

4.) Sycamore going on the road in the second and third rounds of the playoffs for their rematches with Station Camp & Pearl-Cohn. They avenged their previous loss to the Bison by a score of 24-13 behind Austin Lohin's great 3TD performance but lost to PC 32-18 thanks to the great heroics by Firebird wideout Rashad Mason who had a long TD catch and returned a punt 90 yards for a TD (breaking two tackles along the way to paydirt).

5.) The greatness that has come to be known as Knoxville Fulton who I saw the last two weeks against the midstate's top two 3A teams in Pearl-Cohn & David Lipscomb. The Falcons got two straight 200+ yard rushing performances by tailback Dennis Rogan (who I wish the best of luck at UT) who finishes his high school career with 81TD's (including tying the single season record for TD's today).

NOTE: Your list HAS TO include games that you actually saw personally this year. Don't list things that you only heard about because those won't be the moments you truly look back on and remember seeing yourself from this past year :thumb:

Since I only saw Station Camp games the two highlights of the season would be the pass from Mathew Johnson to James Button to beat Sycamore 28-24 with 14 seconds to go. Second would be Christian Reed's extra point to get the school's first playoff win against Howard. He also had a 37 yd field goal in that game.

I would be remiss not to add it was a pleasure every game to watch Randall Toney run!

I will remember

1) 2 great football games played in Mt Pleasant, Mt Pleasant vs Collinwood then Mt Pleasant vs Jo Byrns. For all that say these games would have to agree with me.

2) Marco Dailey breaking school, TSSAA records & winning Class A Mr Football.

3) My Nephew making his first high school football start as a Sophomore & started every game after that. :thumb:

4) MP breaking that Quarter final Jinx

I believe the best moment I saw this year in East Tennessee was the AE/Fulton game. Fulton warmed up in their home maroon jerseys then went back in and changed to the all Black jerseys that had KWalkers initals on them. It was just a very emotional night in the Fulton High School football history. Then that night Fulton dominated AE in every faciate of the game.

Edited by ShaneC

1. The latteral in the McCallie game that scored the final touchdown. Sommers flipped it to Shiverdecker and it was the game decider.

2. Same game, Sam Thompson makes the final big tackle of the game stopping McCallie from getting a first down. Pretty big stop for the up and coming sophmore.

3. The hype and atmoshpere of the Fulton game, even though Alcoa lost.

4. Alcoa minus last years big 3 coming within 3 of the mighty Rebels.

5. Watching Sam Thompson emerge as a future star. Many picks, a few for TD's.

6. Lanxster, who I had doubts about all year as far as tackling and really being D1, playing his best game against Goodpasture and getting the Gold Ball.

7. As the poweraide was dumped on Rankin as Alcoa won their third ball in 3 years.

8. All of Alcoas seniors leaving their mark in Alcoa history.

9. Barts one handed tackle over anothe rplayer in the Smith County game. Not a game changer, but I can still see it in my mind.

10. The atmoshpere of the SC game. Fireworks, Cannons, Train Whistle, and Shiverdeckers first real big run on 3rd and long.

11. Watching Alcoas seniors celebrate that final game, and that third ring.

1) Lipscomb- I remember when Jermey Holt got his helmet knocked off and ran 15 yards or a first down

2) JP2- Golden Tate ran for a touchdown to pull a win at MBA

3) Giles Co./Lipscomb- Came so close of pulling a upset of Lipscomb, but Matt Elrod scored a game winning touchdown with 30 seconds left.

4) Hillsboro- Comes back in the 4th quater aganist Maplewood to stay undeafted.

5) Cheatam Co.- Some kid from Cheatam Co. trys to steal Lipscombs Casey Lankfords Spirit Flag..but he couldnt get it.

6) Lipscomb- Once again making it to the State Championship game, but loosing..