Moments from 2006!

Big Country

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though we did finish 4-6 on the season which is better than those who predict things said we would finish. This year had its moments. And here are the top 4 in no order.

1. week 1 come from behind win over Mt.Pleasant on the road.

2. First region game and a SO. QB steps in and leads his team down the field for a winning TD with 7 secs. left on the clock to beat East Robertson.

3. First year football player missing a tackle, getting up and running the guy down from behind to win the game against East Robertson.

4. Having out Seniors go out on a Win against our Rival FRA.

Edited by coachsmith81

Now that the 2006 season is over I'd like to hear some of the great memorable moments that stick out to you all from this past year. Thinking about some of them makes me look forward to 2007 already :P

I'll Remember:

1.) Austin Lohin's great performance to lead Sycamore to a 30-28 victory over Cheatham Co. in week three despite all kinds of trick plays and pulling cats out of the bag by the young Cubs who nearly pulled off the upset.

2.) Cheatham Co. overcoming a 1-4 start (0-2 in the region) & Sycamore overcoming an 0-3 region start and both teams making the playoffs in the same year for the first time since 2003.

3.) Cheatham Co. going on the road in the first round of the playoffs and battling what at the time was the #2 ranked team in Class 3A to a 42-35 shootout (the Cubs actually lead in the third quarter at one point 35-28).

4.) Sycamore going on the road in the second and third rounds of the playoffs for their rematches with Station Camp & Pearl-Cohn. They avenged their previous loss to the Bison by a score of 24-13 behind Austin Lohin's great 3TD performance but lost to PC 32-18 thanks to the great heroics by Firebird wideout Rashad Mason who had a long TD catch and returned a punt 90 yards for a TD (breaking two tackles along the way to paydirt).

5.) The greatness that has come to be known as Knoxville Fulton who I saw the last two weeks against the midstate's top two 3A teams in Pearl-Cohn & David Lipscomb. The Falcons got two straight 200+ yard rushing performances by tailback Dennis Rogan (who I wish the best of luck at UT) who finishes his high school career with 81TD's (including tying the single season record for TD's today).

NOTE: Your list HAS TO include games that you actually saw personally this year. Don't list things that you only heard about because those won't be the moments you truly look back on and remember seeing yourself from this past year :lol:

I will remember watching as both of my boys played their first high school football game together! I will also remember watching our boys as they almost beat a top 2a team only missed it by a matter of points!

• 7 months later...
Now that the 2006 season is over I'd like to hear some of the great memorable moments that stick out to you all from this past year. Thinking about some of them makes me look forward to 2007 already :roflol:

I'll Remember:

1.) Austin Lohin's great performance to lead Sycamore to a 30-28 victory over Cheatham Co. in week three despite all kinds of trick plays and pulling cats out of the bag by the young Cubs who nearly pulled off the upset.

2.) Cheatham Co. overcoming a 1-4 start (0-2 in the region) & Sycamore overcoming an 0-3 region start and both teams making the playoffs in the same year for the first time since 2003.

3.) Cheatham Co. going on the road in the first round of the playoffs and battling what at the time was the #2 ranked team in Class 3A to a 42-35 shootout (the Cubs actually lead in the third quarter at one point 35-28).

4.) Sycamore going on the road in the second and third rounds of the playoffs for their rematches with Station Camp & Pearl-Cohn. They avenged their previous loss to the Bison by a score of 24-13 behind Austin Lohin's great 3TD performance but lost to PC 32-18 thanks to the great heroics by Firebird wideout Rashad Mason who had a long TD catch and returned a punt 90 yards for a TD (breaking two tackles along the way to paydirt).

5.) The greatness that has come to be known as Knoxville Fulton who I saw the last two weeks against the midstate's top two 3A teams in Pearl-Cohn & David Lipscomb. The Falcons got two straight 200+ yard rushing performances by tailback Dennis Rogan (who I wish the best of luck at UT) who finishes his high school career with 81TD's (including tying the single season record for TD's today).

NOTE: Your list HAS TO include games that you actually saw personally this year. Don't list things that you only heard about because those won't be the moments you truly look back on and remember seeing yourself from this past year :)

Click here for one of my Fav Moments! Maplewood @ Hillsboro Oct 13

1. Jackson Christian School's Clay Fowler hitting Rashad Raynor with the 4th down and the season on the line touchdown pass in the closing seconds in a hostile atmoshere up in Lake County in the 1A quarterfinals.

2. 1A semi-finals at Jackson Christian when the Eagles throttled Mt. Pleasant in front of approximately 4,000 to earn a trip to Murfreesboro.

3. In their final game in class 1A, Jackson Christian School winning the big gold ball.

THE RED NATION (Polk Co. Student Section) tailgating at McMinn Central 4 hours before game time and after the game RUSHING THE FIELD with the huge flag and mega phones. It was great

Howard (close loss to Station Camp): 17-16

Mitchell (close loss to Dyersburg): 14-13

Trezevant (close loss to Covington): 14-6

Cheatham Co. (close loss to Jackson South Side): 42-35

Notre Dame (close loss to White House): 10-7

These teams had close defeats in the opening round of last year's Class 3A State Playoffs. Close may be a serious understatement in some of these cases. Polk Co. may be the biggest heartbreaker of last year's postseason opening round though. They lost 6-0 in a #4 at #1 seed matchup at Pearl Cohn. There are many coaches around the Metro/Nashville Area that I have spoken with since that night and all of them walked away very impressed with Polk Co. and how hard they truly did compete.

my 2 would have to be........

wayne county beating moore county on homecomin late in tha 4th we was tied at 14 they had the ball on like the thirty goin in and they threw a lil dump pass and Andrew Creasy picked it of and took it back like 76 yards for tha td as time expired(dont expect anybody to be familiar with it)

mount pleasant vs jo byrns in playoffs daily threw a "tebow" pass on a two point conversion 4 the win

Edited by wchs78