2007 Class 3A

Big Country

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, Fulton loses 21 players this year and that's a lot of players.. AE in the other hand, they lose some good lineman, a QB, and one of the top WR's in the state. Futhermore, they will be senior heavy next year but those boys will step up. Its to early to predict a State Championship over at AE but they have a shot just like everyone else.

In my opinion, Fulton loses its biggest Offensive threat in Dennis Rogan so that might keep them from returning to the Boro. They do have Dennis D-Bo Freeney(X Factor as he told me to call him), returning but he will need some help.

Region 2 teams usually play a tough non conf schedule. I know Fulton played a killer schedule (#2 on strength) that will get them ready for the play offs. Even if you lose a couple of games but fiinish 1 or 2 in your region the set up is good for a run. I think region 2 has been competitive for 6 years now. My prediction is Fulton Catholic and AE in no certain order. The east gets the home game in the semis next year. So a 1 seed could stay home until the boro game. Quite an incentive.

Uh, Fulton loses 21 players this year and that's a lot of players.. AE in the other hand, they lose some good lineman, a QB, and one of the top WR's in the state. Futhermore, they will be senior heavy next year but those boys will step up. Its to early to predict a State Championship over at AE but they have a shot just like everyone else.

In my opinion, Fulton loses its biggest Offensive threat in Dennis Rogan so that might keep them from returning to the Boro. They do have Dennis D-Bo Freeney(X Factor as he told me to call him), returning but he will need some help.

Fulton loses Freeney who was a big X-Factor this year. My only concern is life post-Rogan and replacing a lot of key linemen. These are questions that will have to be answered early on if Fulton wants to repeat next season. If you talked to D-Bo, you should know he is a senior this year...... :thumb:

Such a pessimist... :thumb:

road2three...

Have you not learned anything by playing for coach black? How many lineman returned for '03, how many in '04, truth be known the line lost a lot last year...smokey, loaf, morris, ash...that was 4 starters...but coach black builds lineman...How could kids like myself, roark, both bates, and other lineman under 210 lbs push around the big ol lineman in the state? It all goes back to black! He's an excellent coach who will piece together an excellent line again next year. The big question is fultons defense. THEY LOSE A LOT! But coatney does a great job with creating good defensive game plans, and players step up every year that no 1 knew about...The falcons should be just fine next year.

I forgot that D-Bo was a senior I was assuming he was in the same class as Jack Wagner but I forgot he was a year older. In your opinion, do you think Jack will come back next year?

Hey Turtle, I dont believe that Jack deserves to be back on the team, this was the second year in a roll he really messed up himself and the team.. I believe that Jock has once again proven he is Fulton's QB, he has only lost 2 games in the past 2 years and both losses were to Catholic.. It is a proven with Jock starting then Fulton wins at least 95% of the time.

I would like to reflect back on 2006 for just a moment and let everyone know how I voted my final Class 3A Top Dozen Poll of the Year. ALSO, it needs to be mentioned how I thought the regions stacked up against one another this year and so I ranked them 1-8 as well :ph34r:

Final 2006 Class 3A Top Dozen:

1.) Fulton

2.) Knoxville Catholic

3.) David Lipscomb

4.) Pearl Cohn

5.) Giles Co.

6.) Dyersburg

7.) Sycamore

8.) Covington

9.) Crockett Co.

10.) Station Camp

11.) Jackson South Side

12.) Carter

Final 2006 Region Power Rankings:

Region 2-3A: Fulton, Knoxville Catholic, & Austin East (not to mention Kingston)

Region 4-3A: Pearl Cohn, Sycamore, Station Camp, & White House

Region 5-3A: David Lipscomb, Giles Co., & Sping Hill (not to mention Cheatham)

Region 7-3A: Crockett Co., Dyersburg, Covington, & Haywood

Region 2 had a team win the state title for the fifth time in the last six years when Fulton won the gold for their third time in just the last four years. Knoxville Catholic might have been the best team in the state but a late collapse in the quarterfinals at home to Fulton might have cost them the state title. Austin East deserves mention because they lost several heartbreakers this year and though it may have often times been easy for them to fold it in they never did do that and wound up having a nice second round of the postseason year. Region 4 had a team, Pearl Cohn, win the region and advance to the state semifinals by beating it's other three playoff representatives in a four week period of time. Station Camp might have been the state's biggest turnaround story going from 1-9 in '05 to 10-2 this year and it looked throughout the first nine weeks of the season as if they'd never lose a game. Sycamore entered the playoffs on a roll and continued that by knocking out a #1 seed then they beat a ten win football team in round two before eventually exiting themselves in a state quarterfinals. White House, much like AE, lost some tough contests this year yet they did win a great game in the first round of the playoffs on the road and posted a second round season. Region 5 was supposed to have a "down year" in 2006 but that wasn't to be in the end. David Lipscomb was once again a state title contender as they cruised to thirteen consecutive wins from weeks two through fourteen and finished as the state runner up for the third time in four years. Giles Co. might have been the best team in the entire western half of the bracket, their only two losses came to DL, but a late fourth quarter blown lead against Lipscomb cost them a shot at the state title. Spring Hill went from 0-10 to the second round of the playoffs in one year so they also could be the state's biggets turnaround story. Region 7 had three great teams once again this year and the one, Crockett Co., that won the regular season title looked like the state championship favorite heading into the playoffs. They were upset by region rival Covington in the second round of the playoffs. The Chargers weren't ever considered a threat throughout the year but they quietly won ten games and advanced to the quarterfinals in what was far from a down year. Dyersburg didn't slip up this year in the playoffs and the Trojans rolled to the state semifinals where they were eventually eliminated by Lipscomb. Haywood started the year slow but they rallied down the stretch and advanced to the second round for the second year in a row since realignment.

AFTER THE TOP FOUR REGIONS WERE DECIDED THERE WAS A HUGE DROPOFF OUT THERE STATE WIDE THIS YEAR!!!!!!

Region 6-3A: Jackson South Side (Lexington, Fayette Ware, & Bolivar)

Region 3-3A: Meigs Co. (Notre Dame, Polk Co., & Howard)

Region 1-3A: Carter (Claiborne, Seymour, & Gibbs)

Region 8-3A: Sheffield (Trezevant, Mitchell, & Frayser)

Region 6 had easily one of the state's favorites heading into the playoffs in Jackson South Side. They survived a first round scare from Cheatham Co. and then got shocked the next week by Giles Co. Region 3 was swept right out of the playoffs this year HOWEVER if a few breaks go differently I will say that they could have gone 3-1 in that round of the postseason. ND lost a heartbreaker to White House, Polk Co. came up just short against Pearl Cohn, & Howard lost by the slimmest of margains, one point, to Station Camp. Region 1 had one great team again this year in Carter (who's only two losses were to eventual state champions Fulton) but outside of them the region was not very good at all. Region 8 was swept right out of the playoffs as well this year which puts them at a dismal 1-7 the last two years against the other west-TN region. Sheffield went from the shocker team to the team that got shocked this year by Haywood and both Trezevant and Mitchell weren't good enough to beat Dyersburg and Covington. That lands them into being the worst region in this particular classification for this season.