Smyrna

lastone2know

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know high school is high school, and that a student is a student but tell me how can it be OK for someone who is 19 to be a junior to be allowed to play in a starting role in a sport program? Seems to me that at 19 he should be a graduate and playing for a college if he is good enough or just going to school. In started leagues they have age restrictions, why not high school? Can someone continue highschool for years...and continue playing sports at 20,21 and have that advantage over regular high school players who are age 16-18?

He just turned 18 in november so why don't you back off.

Age ain't nothin but a number. What if we threw in a 25 year old with absolutely no skills and had two left feet? Would you be complaining then? Nope. But since he's a great player then of course there must be a conspiracy going on. :P

What a joke!! :P

Great timing, too. right after the championship game where he... well you know what happened.

Please lock this topic coacht. There's no need for this discussion.

He just turned 18 in november so why don't you back off.

Age ain't nothin but a number. What if we threw in a 25 year old with absolutely no skills and had two left feet? Would you be complaining then? Nope. But since he's a great player then of course there must be a conspiracy going on. :P

What a joke!! :P

Great timing, too. right after the championship game where he... well you know what happened.

Please lock this topic coacht. There's no need for this discussion.

If the young man turned 18 in November of his Junior year of high school he will be eligible to play next season unless he will have completed 8 semester of high school at the end of his junior year.

The rule is that an individual may not turn 19 before August 1 or Sept 1 (It seems like the National Federation rule changed a few year ago & I am too lazy to look it up)s to be eligible.

For some reason kid that live in California and the Southern states are younger (17 or have just turned 18) when the graduate while kids from the New England states seem to be a year (18 & turning 19) older when the graduate.

Edited by cbg

every player on smyrnas roster is tssaa eligible and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks

the implication is clear and everyone that reads this knows exactly who this poster is talking about.

big strong poor dumd black kid dominates a team of mostly rich smart white kids

he must be older than them

well the truth is he is not to old and is a very bright kid that is one of the nicest kids you could ever want to be around

and ravenwood folks have the nerve to say anything about smyrna when somone post this crap

I went to the TSSAA web site..found out that it states and I quote " A student shall be ineligible in high school if he or she becomes 19 years of age on or before Aug. 1 or in junior high if he or she becomes 16 years of age on or before Aug. 1.

and what seems so interesting is that everyone knows who this site is about.

Congrats Smyrna, but be sure all of your players are eligible next year..