Smyrna

lastone2know

I know high school is high school, and that a student is a student but tell me how can it be OK for someone who is 19 to be a junior to be allowed to play in a starting role in a sport program? Seems to me that at 19 he should be a graduate and playing for a college if he is good enough or just going to school. In started leagues they have age restrictions, why not high school? Can someone continue highschool for years...and continue playing sports at 20,21 and have that advantage over regular high school players who are age 16-18?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know high school is high school, and that a student is a student but tell me how can it be OK for someone who is 19 to be a junior to be allowed to play in a starting role in a sport program? Seems to me that at 19 he should be a graduate and playing for a college if he is good enough or just going to school. In started leagues they have age restrictions, why not high school? Can someone continue highschool for years...and continue playing sports at 20,21 and have that advantage over regular high school players who are age 16-18?

My understanding is that a student has only 8 semesters to play sports once he starts the 9th grade.