cherokee vs. greeneville.

MObuck_021

Its funny cause if i do recall correctly we beat alot of top ranked teams in north east tennessee hmmm, its funny how being stereotyped cherokee that we automatically are a bunch of sucky hillbillies who will never be good enough to claim any respect in any conferences hopefully this year we can change the way that cherokee is looked upon by everyone else in tennessee and demand the respect that i think we deserve :ph34r:

Scine when was North Greene, West Greene, Elizabethton, Mo West, and Sullivan East "top ranked teams?"

Edited by Rangerbook06

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you post wasn't comparing a win against Unicoi to a win against Bearden... or Bradley Central.

And, fortunately, Wiggins is part of the equation and he makes everybody play better...lucky us

My point was that other than those 2 teams mentioned Land Air Classic was as weak as Hardee's. As for Wiggins he is a great player and really helps their team but the well is running dry on recruits.

My point was that other than those 2 teams mentioned Land Air Classic was as weak as Hardee's. As for Wiggins he is a great player and really helps their team but the well is running dry on recruits.

Do you even know who played in the Land-air Classic? Shelbyville, Powell,Red Bank and The Patterson School were also there. Yes 3 of the Greene County schools were also there as well as Clinton, Jeff County,MoEast, Sevier County and our neighbors from Madison NC...and of course Greeneville, Bearden, and Bradley Central. Now, we haven't exactly grown to the Arby's yet but we are attracting talented teams from all levels of play....and considerably better than the field at the Hardee's.

What are your predictions for this game? So far cherokee has won the hardees, and haven't lost a game. I think cherokees tenacious defense will pose a problem, but I don't know if it'll win the game for them. If Brian David Snow can come out and continue to play as he has offensively, and brian milan has a good game all around, I could see an upset. It's too bad I won't be able to make it, I'll be gone for a few weeks on a business trip.

I'm Pulling for the upset:

Cherokee: 60

Greeneville: 58

After the drubbing you had from SH and the whooping Tremaine Gash laid on Cocke county last night, are you still standing by this prediction? Wiggins only had 10 pts last night and they still beat them by 37 pts..of course he had 10 rebounds and 5 blocked shots and 5 steals and 5 assists...Gash had a career high 23 pts...

How did Snow and Milan play last night?

Edited by barb

Unicoi isn't a bad team so that is a good win and what about Madison NC thay are single A. Land Air had some pretty weak squads that where A and AA teams as well. I give you Bradley Central, Bearden but who else. Greeneville has a good but not great squad, take away Wiggins and it it mediocre. but then again nobody in this end of the state is world beaters.

And if you take away Gash, Anderson, Woods, and about 8 or 9 other players Greeneville doesn't have a team. Maybe then Cherokee will have a chance.

Thats alright,the 6'3" freshman Quarles will do a bit of growing over the next year or so and that should give us some time to fish the local waters.

Were you in attendance? We were down by two until midway thru the fourth when their depth caught up with us. I played horribly, especially on the offensive side of the ball

Nah,I went to Newport. Caught the lowlights on Channel 11, The Topper station. Between the score and the broadcast, they made it sound like a bloodbath. Glad to hear it wasn't too bad.