Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall County should consider two former David Lipscomb Assistants both with head coaching experience>

Lee Edwards now head coach at Murray, KY or Jay Gore, assistant at Brentwood High (Head Coach in the early 80's at East Robertson. Assistant at DL, BGA and Hillsboro.

I was shocked to see Jay Gore didn't become someone's head coach last year. I know that his name was mentioned with a couple of jobs that were open out there.

HeySHRaiders if Travis McKnight's bunch wins this week he'll become the hottest thing around since the invention of the wheel it will seem :thumb:Spring Hill has proven the doubters wrong by not only getting into the playoffs but now that they are in they have won a game and with a win over a program like David Lipscomb??????

I know about a coach in North Carolina who has stated that he and his family would love to get back to Middle TN in the next five years. He coached down here at East Ridge in Chattanooga, also coached at Brentwood and Spring Hill in the 90's and is the head coach at one of the largest schools in NC. I don't know if he has applied but my guess is he might be interested. His son who coaches with him told me he wants to be back in Williamson, Maury, or Marshall County by the time his son gets out of the Army. He would sure be a great fit for either of those positions.

I'm suprised he hasn't been mentioned earlier. His name got mentioned last year on here.

I just hope they hire somebody who is a good fit for the players and not who the community whats. They always seen to forget about the players, the most important part of any program.

What are they doing with the players while the search is on, seeing that everything is kinda out of order right now. I hope they are lifting and preparing themselves for next year. Any layoff could equal another losing season.

HOPE THEY DON'T FORGET ABOUT OUR PLAYERS!!! :thumb:

yea this is a great point b/c everyplayer on that team loves wj and would do anything to get him back. so the next guy will have to be a great guy to win them over.

and the community wants someone they like but honestly does it really matter if they like him as long as hes good to the kids and they like him and he coaches hard.

and they r workin out started today. and i think that the seniors of the 06 season have instilled a good work ethic b/c they did work hard. so they will be workin hard for the 07 season

Edited by nightrider40

yea this is a great point b/c everyplayer on that team loves wj and would do anything to get him back. so the next guy will have to be a great guy to win them over.

and the community wants someone they like but honestly does it really matter if they like him as long as hes good to the kids and they like him and he coaches hard.

and they r workin out started today. and i think that the seniors of the 06 season have instilled a good work ethic b/c they did work hard. so they will be workin hard for the 07 season

Guess what?????? They still just won 3 games. So it doesn't matter how much you say they liked him. They didn't perfrom at the level they were capable of. No discipline on either side of the ball......or off the field either.

Winning cures everything. If the new guy comes in and gets the guys motivated to perform and lays down the law early, the players will not be pouting about losing Johnson.

The new coach will have to say to those select few superstars, "Get with us or get gone." If he does that.....watch out. Good things could be in store for Tiger football.

Guess what?????? They still just won 3 games. So it doesn't matter how much you say they liked him. They didn't perfrom at the level they were capable of. No discipline on either side of the ball......or off the field either.

Winning cures everything. If the new guy comes in and gets the guys motivated to perform and lays down the law early, the players will not be pouting about losing Johnson.

The new coach will have to say to those select few superstars, "Get with us or get gone." If he does that.....watch out. Good things could be in store for Tiger football.

AMEN -- Couldn't have said it better myself :D:lol::D

Eaglefan and Mcfan, you guys are part of reason Marshall County is in the mess it is in! Lets be honest you guys ran off (Mccurry) the best coach for a political town like Lewisburg!