Smyrna Bulldog Players Need to learn Sportsmanship

Mid10se

:P I was SO embarrassed for the Smyrna Bulldogs last night. The first thing they thought to do when they gained their State Championship Title was to run across the field to the losing team, point to the scoreboard, and rub the Ravenwood Raptors' noses in it. The sad part is that the coaches didn't seem to mind! What a disgrace to Rutherford County! I watched the Raptors win their first state title last year, and, in their glory, they didn't dream of stooping to taunt Oak Ridge. If Smyrna wants to start representing Rutherford County, someone PLEASE teach them not to act like rednecks. I don't recall Riverdale ever showing such a lack of class.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

:) I was SO embarrassed for the Smyrna Bulldogs last night. The first thing they thought to do when they gained their State Championship Title was to run across the field to the losing team, point to the scoreboard, and rub the Ravenwood Raptors' noses in it. The sad part is that the coaches didn't seem to mind! What a disgrace to Rutherford County! I watched the Raptors win their first state title last year, and, in their glory, they didn't dream of stooping to taunt Oak Ridge. If Smyrna wants to start representing Rutherford County, someone PLEASE teach them not to act like rednecks. I don't recall Riverdale ever showing such a lack of class.

First off wrong forum, this is football, Miss manners is next forum down. Secondly, glorifying yourself and your manners whilst name calling and belittling others, Miss Manners would say is WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! :)

Congrats SMYRNA enjoy your BIG WIN!!!

give me a break.. :)

The smyrna players and fans had no class what so ever. Taunting the cheerleaders and fans. They acted like we had never seen or felt what it was like to be state champs. On my drive home, there were fans waving and honking out the windows to us, still taunting us that they had won. The football players should have remembered that they were representing their school and their coach. Coach Rector would never have allowed our team to do that. Both schools can not control their fans, but the football team should have known better.

:) I was SO embarrassed for the Smyrna Bulldogs last night. The first thing they thought to do when they gained their State Championship Title was to run across the field to the losing team, point to the scoreboard, and rub the Ravenwood Raptors' noses in it. The sad part is that the coaches didn't seem to mind! What a disgrace to Rutherford County! I watched the Raptors win their first state title last year, and, in their glory, they didn't dream of stooping to taunt Oak Ridge. If Smyrna wants to start representing Rutherford County, someone PLEASE teach them not to act like rednecks. I don't recall Riverdale ever showing such a lack of class.

Class or no class doesn't really matter their the champs and know one can take that away from them. Good job Smyrna yall deserve it. :)

You need to be embarassed for yourselves. Your fans/team singled a high school football player out and taunted him even after he came on here to apologize. Don't be upset when his team takes it personally and rallies behind him. If you're going to dish something out make sure you can eat too when it's thrown back at you. Sour grapes and crow not anyone's favorite meal :)

The smyrna players and fans had no class what so ever. Taunting the cheerleaders and fans. They acted like we had never seen or felt what it was like to be state champs. On my drive home, there were fans waving and honking out the windows to us, still taunting us that they had won. The football players should have remembered that they were representing their school and their coach. Coach Rector would never have allowed our team to do that. Both schools can not control their fans, but the football team should have known better.

Don't you have to get ready for basketball season?

No one from Smyrna could care less about this! We JUST WON STATE!

Yea, what they did was controversial, but look at it from their point of view.

Ravenwood's "Raptor Nation" was taunting the entire game. Before the game even started they were chanting "KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL." They also were singling out #17 the entire game which was expected, but you should know all of this, right? You were right in front of them.

It goes both ways, so, before you start judging other people, look in the mirror.... you'll see the EXACT same thing. Well, almost..... yall will just have more expensive clothes on :)

Don't you have to get ready for basketball season?

No one from Smyrna could care less about this! We JUST WON STATE!

Yea, what they did was controversial, but look at it from their point of view.

Ravenwood's "Raptor Nation" was taunting the entire game. Before the game even started they were chanting "KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL." They also were singling out #17 the entire game which was expected, but you should know all of this, right? You were right in front of them.

It goes both ways, so, before you start judging other people, look in the mirror.... you'll see the EXACT same thing. Well, almost..... yall will just have more expensive clothes on :)

1st off, we are ready for basketball season. 2nd we've been chanting "Kill,Kill,Kill" for the past few years. 3rd the exact same thing? Since I was right infront of the game last year...I do not remember our football team racing to Oak Ridge's side and tuanting them...funny, exact same thing?

Cry about it. The Raptor Nation has been dethroned. You guys got dished out a little of your own medicine. Ya'll taunted Josh Crouch and our team and when they just wanted to give you guys a little of your own medicine, you want to call us classless, I call you crybabies. It's freakin' football, we're not playing monopoly. My dad always said if you couldn't run with the big dawgs, get out of the hunt...

1st off, we are ready for basketball season. 2nd we've been chanting "Kill,Kill,Kill" for the past few years. 3rd the exact same thing? Since I was right infront of the game last year...I do not remember our football team racing to Oak Ridge's side and tuanting them...funny, exact same thing?

Yep, that's what I said. EXACT same thing. Just nicer clothes. :)