Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

It's not so much Only that the talent level is down at Unaka. The younger players are as talented as any in the area. The sophomores, with the addition of freshman, Natalie Johnson, is very good group. But when a team with so much promise, loses a player with so much promise, it's very disappointing. Depth has become more of an issue.

Unaka has one junior, the transfer, Brittany Scott. They have two seniors.

Sallee is in her second year of having to battle back from injury, and then surgery. That's courage, not a problem. Your right, her knee is not the problem, but her continued progress is important.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing we haven't touched on is the fact that the other teams out side of the Tri-County have gotten better. Our teams are now losing to some of those teams. This hasn't happened in the past. Combine that with the fact our talent level has dropped some and more losses come around. Maybe some of our teams have forgotten how hard they had to work to get where they did. I've seen a couple of practices and a few games and like I had mentioned in earlier posts the teams don't seem to play with the same intensity level they have had in the past. Even the mightly Highlanders which have been always known for their high level of intensity didn't seem to play with the passion they had in the past. Sometimes when teams have successful runs, like our area teams have, they start to concentrate more on individual achievements than the team. I'm not saying this is what's wrong with our teams but I have seen it happen to others. Only they can answer that question. Sometimes kids lose that hunger. Just a thought.

I stand corrected.

What's best for eating crow, a fork or a spoon? My apologies to South greene.

Now that's Class, bucdaddy!

I felt that Elizabethton would be at a slight advantage with the Lady Rebels having played the night before, so I'll take mine with lots of El Torito/El Matator Salsa. :lol:

screenandroll,

I think that's a big part of it. CycloneFan mentioned the current parity in one of his earlier posts; a pretty astute observation. Youth is the second identifying characteristic. Nearly all our teams are young.

For the fun of it, be considering your Mid-season/Merry Christmas All-Star team candidates (We can start a thread during Christmas Break). Make a seniors only list, then list your underclassmen. Which team you gonna bet on?

Edited by krichunaka

It doesn't get any easier tonight for Cloudland. They've got Mitchell county, the defending champions in their conference. Good luck, Landers.

Hey king, just to help you with a little background info; Mitchell is down this year. They took Watauga Co. by 5 in overtime. Had to come from behind for that one. Had been down by 12. But, Mitchell is always tough year in and year out.

KING:

I think Cloudland will handle Mitchell County on the Mountain tonight. Unaka had a chance to beat Mitchell earlier on their home court, and likely would have beaten them on the Creek.

Postscript to EHS-So Greene game:

Greeneville Sun online edition has an interesting recap of the game. 22 turnovers by EHS and 16 steals by So Greene tell alot. Cyclones must find better offensive balance and consistency, and value possession a little better, to be the team they can be. I think they will get there.

I think it depends on how our younger girls are going to play coming off a tough loss. You never know with sophomores how its going to be no matter how talented they are. They need to learn to focus and be intense the whole game, not just part of the game. They have the talent to beat Mitchell handily. But basketball is a funny game where anyone can have a chance on a bad night.

Postscript to EHS-So Greene game:

Greeneville Sun online edition has an interesting recap of the game. 22 turnovers by EHS and 16 steals by So Greene tell alot. Cyclones must find better offensive balance and consistency, and value possession a little better, to be the team they can be. I think they will get there.

I think there are 'player eyes' on how a particular player is handled by Weems.

It doesn't get any easier tonight for Cloudland. They've got Mitchell county, the defending champions in their conference. Good luck, Landers.

Cloudland ought to be able to beat Mitchell County up on Space Mountain. Play stiff defense. Mitchell had trouble getting the ball up court when Unaka pressed.

Edited by Rangerbook06

Hey, KRich, just curious, who are you talking about?

Faithful,

If you're willing, contact me: car6@earthlink.net. It's no secret; I just don't want to go there . . . . here, if that makes any sense. For what it's worth, she's a nice Lady, good student, and, in my opinion, she could become one of Unaka's top two or three players as early as next season. But what do I know?

CycloneFan,

Looks like the Lady Rebels are back to their old, high-pressure defensive tricks.

GLee, ?????????