Tri-County Seven

krichunaka

I interrupt this True Grit discussion to bring you some basketball news.

Lady Cyclones played very well tonight at Chuckey Doak. Michaela looked so comfortable and confident; she had 21,...at the half. Cyclones blasted Chuckey Doak tonight 82-40. If they play like they did tonight, EHS will be a handful for anyone. Good ball movement. Minimal turnovers. Good shooting. Tenacious defense. Good job ladies and coaches.

Congratulations, Lady Cyclones! Looking ahead. WOW! The next seven conference games and University High are at Home. The road action is tough: A non-conference rival game 17 January, 2007 at Science Hill; some holiday tournament action at Myrtle Beach and Volunteer.

Nice to have a few home games, but seems a little unfair to have so many road, conference games to close the regular season.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's online Greeneville Sun newspaper has two stories on last nights games involving CD-EHS and Unaka-NG.

greenevillesun.com

Im surprised that NG handled Unaka on the creek; and floored that it was a 20 point game.

It appears North Greene is ready to challenge the 3 Carter County schools in the conference/district this year.

Edited by CycloneFan

I missed last night's games, but got to talk with Coach Chambers and North Greene's Coach Buchanan afterward. First, the Lady Huskies are due much credit for their win, and for their two-and-0 conference start.

Meanwhile, the Lady Rangers will struggle on; and with the right focus, the younger players will get better. In spite of their record, Unaka still has the players to compete with the best in Region. But it's going to take some time, hard work, and patience.

Chelsea Anderson's improvement is encouraging.

I know the Lady Rangers are young right now Krich and I agree it will take time but what seems to be the problem this year even when they had younger teams before they found ways to win. Now I was at the game the other night and and from a good basketball fan's point of view not only are they young but this team doesnt get up the floor that well at all in transition. They seem to be out of shape to be as guard oriented as this team is and I agree with you Krich coach Buchanan seems to be a fine fit up there coaching the Lady Huskies he does a great job with them because if you can win at Unaka than you have accomplished something.

Krich maybe you can fill me in and let me see your point of view because I dont see what the problem is at all right now.

Congradulations to the lady Cyclones on a big win against Chuckey Doak last week

Did you get to attend the Cloudland game Krich on thursday I thought Mitchell was supposed to be rather weak this year?

I know the Lady Rangers are young right now Krich and I agree it will take time but what seems to be the problem this year even when they had younger teams before they found ways to win. Now I was at the game the other night and and from a good basketball fan's point of view not only are they young but this team doesnt get up the floor that well at all in transition. They seem to be out of shape to be as guard oriented as this team is and I agree with you Krich coach Buchanan seems to be a fine fit up there coaching the Lady Huskies he does a great job with them because if you can win at Unaka than you have accomplished something.

Krich maybe you can fill me in and let me see your point of view because I dont see what the problem is at all right now.

Congradulations to the lady Cyclones on a big win against Chuckey Doak last week

Did you get to attend the

Cloudland game Krich on thursday I thought Mitchell was supposed to be rather weak this year?

I did not see Cloudland vs Mitchell, and in fact, I saw very little basketball this week (the loss of a great friend, took it's toll). And ditto to the Lady Cyclones.

Coach Buchanan is a very promising coach. The Lady Huskies just graduated Chelsea Wright, their best player since Jennifer Weems, but suddenly they still look like the team that can challenge Cloudland.

Unaka has problems. They're inconsistent, of course, due to youth; but being outrun to the basket, if that's the case (and I believe what you're saying, but I wasn't there), is inexcusable. Hustle doesn't require a lot of thought.

There are other issues that must be resolved pretty soon, or this could become the season many of us would like to forget. The off-the-court problems are very manageable. The biggest challenge for Coach Chambers now is keeping his team focused and composed.

Couple tidbits in today's STAR on the Unake-NG game:

-first time NG has ever beaten Unaka at home

-Coach Chambers said "they wanted it more than we did; they outplayed us in every phase of the game."

Coach Chambers will find the girls that want to play, and play hard, as a team, and put them on the court. If he doesnt, this will be a long season for this team.

Sorry to hear about the loss Krich my condolences.. But from a basketball stand point North Greene is hands down a good ball club atleast that night they was. They hit there free throws they knocked down alot of big shots when they were open and they played very well on the defensive end. The starns girl makes that team go as well as the other two guard and not a bad post game from there other too girl either. All around very good win for the Lady Huskies which puts them 2-0 in the WVC.

Now as far as Unaka goes sure they are a young team but from the stands it seems like these kids are having no fun for some reason but it is kind of hard to have fun when you have a 1-7 record dont you agree Krich? Some seem to think it's a coaching problem up on the creek I belive from just hearing the rumors if the parents would quit trying to coach there kids from the stands and let them take there knocks on the court and allow them to be coachable than things would fall into place. I mean if they dont like the way he coaches I am sure there are plenty of schools around this area that would love to have him.

I mean the mans record speaks for itsel'f he is part of the reason that program is where it is today and the parents on the creek need to realize that patients is the key for this team being successful give this team another year or two and you are looking at a state tournament competing team.

krich,

Haven't been up on the creek yet this year to see the Lady Rangers play but I'm hearing terrible things about team morale and other "off the court" issues about the Lady Rangers. I know being 1-7 makes that sort of thing get worse and likewise, winning makes that sort of thing go away, but what is going on on the creek? Several talented girls have quit the team and if it keeps on at the rate it's going, Chambers will have a hard time finding more than five to play.

By the way, I was in Hendersonville TN last week to see Jarfly become the first ever player inducted into the TN State A.S.A. Softball Hall of Fame. Ryann came over from APSU and Megan came with us and it was a great night. Congratulate him when you see him.

krich,

Haven't been up on the creek yet this year to see the Lady Rangers play but I'm hearing terrible things about team morale and other "off the court" issues about the Lady Rangers. I know being 1-7 makes that sort of thing get worse and likewise, winning makes that sort of thing go away, but what is going on on the creek? Several talented girls have quit the team and if it keeps on at the rate it's going, Chambers will have a hard time finding more than five to play.

By the way, I was in Hendersonville TN last week to see Jarfly become the first ever player inducted into the TN State A.S.A. Softball Hall of Fame. Ryann came over from APSU and Megan came with us and it was a great night. Congratulate him when you see him.

Hi fan. I saw Jarfly and his beautiful, long-suffering wife, Karen, at El Torito's Friday night. He said, "My girl, Ryann, is taller, stronger and if possible, even purtier." Glad she's adjusting well to the next level. I surfed the Austin Peay website today. Now I suppose we're going to become "#17" fans, huh?

I'm trying to finish an article about his induction. Think I can get it published?

Edited by krichunaka