Open Zoning for Students

flngrvy

I agree but wondering a little bit about the statement made “I know for a fact a prominent athletes' parents wanted to send their children to BHS when RHS opened up, for the very same reason and were shot down.”

It was probably the fact at the time or in this case, it's a moving target.

1) BHS is open zone high school.

2) I know for a fact a prominent athlete zone for Ravenwood went to Brentwood in 2005 because his older brothers played and graduated for Brentwood.

3) I kind of remember during the last coaching change at Franklin three football players from the Grassland area decided to go to BHS as incoming freshman after getting ticked off at the Franklin head coaching change. They were incoming freshman at the time and decided to go to the open zone Brentwood HS.

In the case stated, Brentwood could have been close zone to Ravenwood when Ravenwood opened up in its first two years with freshman and sophomores in 2002 (I don’t exactly remember the zoning details back in 2002). In 2004, Brentwood went back open zone due the drop in students and the tearing down and rebuilding the new and improved Franklin HS.

With all the new homes being built in Williamson County, the school board really has to juggle the zoning lines to keep up with the balance of schools population while new schools are being built. Rutherford County is having the same problem while Wilson, Summer, and Davidson county (Antioch area) is having the same problem but to a lesser extent. It’s really amazing how in just two years, some of the area schools can go from half empty to full. It’s really starting to get kind of crowded around here and it doesn’t look like it is slowing down anytime soon.

Therefore the zoning in Williamson County is and continues to be a moving target.

Or some go from full to half empty. Centenntial's enrollment has dropped to just over 1200 for this school year while others such as FHS bust at the seams. The proposed rezoning will help some but not have a major impact.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or some go from full to half empty. Centenntial's enrollment has dropped to just over 1200 for this school year while others such as FHS bust at the seams. The proposed rezoning will help some but not have a major impact.

I remember awile back that some were considering making Centennial an all FSSD zoned school. Don't know what happened to that, but I guess thats because of some students' proximity to Franklin.

With the student population of over 850 students per year coming into Williamson County, it will not stay there long.

Not true because there is no room for new subdivision development within the current CHS zone. The majority of growth in the county is in Nolensville (RHS) or south (IHS). The only way to increase enrollment as CHS is through rezoning but politics and diversity will only allow so much.

Not true because there is no room for new subdivision development within the current CHS zone. The majority of growth in the county is in Nolensville (RHS) or south (IHS). The only way to increase enrollment as CHS is through rezoning but politics and diversity will only allow so much.

Politics or not, eventually a school with 2500 is gonna have to spill into a school with 1200.

The Centennial zone is nowhere close to being built out with subdivisions, townhomes, and apartments. As far as the other areas, another high school is in the works. Why even bring it up. It not something you can control. Only the county commission and school board can and will make adjustments as they see fit. They always have, they always will. If it was that big of a problem to fill up Centennial, the school board would open zone it.

According to the official records released to the TSSAA from Williamson County Schools.

Franklin population: 2004 (1,692) – 2006 (1,715)

Independence population: 2004 (1,244) – 2006 (1,523)

Ravenwood population: 2004 (1,146) – 2006 (1,379)

Brentwood population: 2004 (1,361) – 2006 (1,311)

Centennial population: 2004 (1,587) – 2006 (1,304)

Page population: 2004 (919) – 2006 (813)

Fairview population: 2004 (645) – 2006 (655)

If you are trying to tie school population to success in athletics, then McGavock (2,592 population) should be tops in the state every year and two years ago, Centennial should have won the Region 6-5A.

You better watch what you wish for it might come true. I’m sure Antioch and other schools wish the population wasn’t so big. As new as Antioch High School is, they have outside classroom on every spare patch of grass around the school.

The Centennial zone is nowhere close to being built out with subdivisions, townhomes, and apartments. As far as the other areas, another high school is in the works. Why even bring it up. It not something you can control. Only the county commission and school board can and will make adjustments as they see fit. They always have, they always will. If it was that big of a problem to fill up Centennial, the school board would open zone it.

According to the official records released to the TSSAA from Williamson County Schools.

Franklin population: 2004 (1,692) – 2006 (1,715)

Independence population: 2004 (1,244) – 2006 (1,523)

Ravenwood population: 2004 (1,146) – 2006 (1,379)

Brentwood population: 2004 (1,361) – 2006 (1,311)

Centennial population: 2004 (1,587) – 2006 (1,304)

Page population: 2004 (919) – 2006 (813)

Fairview population: 2004 (645) – 2006 (655)

If you are trying to tie school population to success in athletics, then McGavock (2,592 population) should be tops in the state every year and two years ago, Centennial should have won the Region 6-5A.

You better watch what you wish for it might come true. I’m sure Antioch and other schools wish the population wasn’t so big. As new as Antioch High School is, they have outside classroom on every spare patch of grass around the school.

Centennial's got tons of room to spare, some of these other schools however might not in 5-9 years. Also, where did you hear about the new high school? Is this the possible Nolensville High?

Centennial's got tons of room to spare, some of these other schools however might not in 5-9 years. Also, where did you hear about the new high school? Is this the possible Nolensville High?

It was in the Williamson AM two or three weeks ago. Location is unknown and 4-5 years away. It could be just about anywhere in the south toward the northeast of county. Independence is expected to over capacity in 2009.

Wherever it be, I'm sure some endanger specie is lurking around. It seems the norm now days.

This link is interesting as far as the numbers and future number predictions.

Willliamson County Zoning

Edited by rapbwood

It was in the Williamson AM two or three weeks ago. Location is unknown and 4-5 years away. It could be just about anywhere in the south toward the northeast of county. Independence is expected to over capacity in 2009.

Wherever it be, I'm sure some endanger specie is lurking around. It seems the norm now days.

This link is interesting as far as the numbers and future number predictions.

Willliamson County Zoning

Yeah, the rezoning plan has Centennial getting students from Page Middle and Heritage. Actually, the Heritage part would consist of most of the original zoning lines for Centennial in that area. Then again, proximity and social factors will probably cause come controversy, but in 3 years, there is gonna have to be some kind of spillover.