Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Congrats to both HBLT & UC. It sounded like an awesome game. A lot of LC fans were sitting in the stands with headphones on wondering why we weren't in Humbolt last night!?! We did get to hear the full 4th after our game.

As soon as UC players think they can't be beat is the moment they will get beat. I dont care what the fans think. But I dont think that is going to be an issue for this years team. I think most of you would agree. Unless LC surprises me with something, I got UC-65/ LC- 40. I thinkl it will be a lower scorring game.

Nothing to report of interest from LC by the way. We won. Whoop de do!

Dresden dint play that well last night. Played a better gam ein Dresden.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game tonite.....Union City and Humboldt put on a show for about 2 1/2 quarters....Humboldt led this game at one point early in the third quarter by 11 at 46-35...This after the Vikings had led at half 40-35....But UC caught fire and exploded on Humboldt from that point on 53-24 and beat the 3rd ranked Vikings 88-70..About midway in the second quarter Cordero Wade went unconscious from the three point line..I don't know exactly how many he hit,but it was a few....Union City stayed packed in a 2-3 zone and really didn't let Sain,Epperson or Perry hurt them inside....Sain and Epperson had a slam apiece and Epperson made some nice moves in the fourth quarter when the game was basically over...Sain went out in the fourth quarter with what looked like an ankle injury and didn't return to the game...Union City played almost the entire game in foul trouble..The Tornadoes picked foul after foul in the first quarter and Humboldt was in the double bonus in the first quarter....The Tornadoes still pressed,but played smart with the fouls and nobody ended up fouling out.....I think this was a statement game for the Tornadoes..It might be one people will look back on at the end of the season as a defining moment for this group....Union City took Humboldt's best shot but didn't flinch..They stuck to their gameplan through the foul trouble and the hostile crowd and came out on top....

OC:

Will you please clarify for me and the rest of us that weren't there what "hostile" refers to here. Be specific please.

I ate in UC last night and talked to a few of my UC friends at dinner who told me that they weren't going to the game because they (humbolt) would have a hostile crowd just like at LC. Aside from being slightly offended, I was also bewildered.

If our game environments are indeed "hostile" I suggest we as fans look for ways to correct this percieved/real behavior. Granted there is a general consensus among LC fans that there are generally a few adults we would just rather keep their mouths shut, but I think we can whittle them down to 5. (Except when biggster gets yelled at by the ref!) :thumb:

In the LC/HBLT game i found Hblt and their fans to be very friendly.

They do have an older building, but concessions were friendly and fans were respectful.

Please help us remedy this situation.

Edited by Themightymac

Congrats to both HBLT & UC. It sounded like an awesome game. A lot of LC fans were sitting in the stands with headphones on wondering why we weren't in Humbolt last night!?! We did get to hear the full 4th after our game.

As soon as UC players think they can't be beat is the moment they will get beat. I dont care what the fans think. But I dont think that is going to be an issue for this years team. I think most of you would agree. Unless LC surprises me with something, I got UC-65/ LC- 40. I thinkl it will be a lower scorring game.

Nothing to report of interest from LC by the way. We won. Whoop de do!

Dresden dint play that well last night. Played a better gam ein Dresden.

Lake County will not hold UC down to to 65 points......Might be able to against Dresden,Gleason and South Fulton,but not Union City....

If you are waiting for UC to think they can't be beat,you are wasting your time...The thought of UC being unbeatable is for the UC fans...Sisco will not let his players even start to think it....

I say Union City will beat Lake County by more than the nine points they did in Union City...UC has games before that though with Dresden,Bradford and Obion Central..They won't be looking ahead to Lake County....

OC:

Will you please clarify for me and the rest of us that weren't there what "hostile" refers to here. Be specific please.

I ate in UC last night and talked to a few of my UC friends at dinner who told me that they weren't going to the game because they (humbolt) would have a hostile crowd just like at LC. Aside from being slightly offended, I was also bewildered.

If our game environments are indeed "hostile" I suggest we as fans look for ways to correct this percieved/real behavior. Granted there is a general consensus among LC fans that there are generally a few adults we would just rather keep their mouths shut, but I think we can whittle them down to 5. (Except when biggster gets yelled at by the ref!) :thumb:

They do have an older building, but concessions were friendly and fans were respectful.

UMMM...IF you ever listen to announcers or columnists refer to away games about 90-95% of the time they refer to it as a "hostile" arena...You come to Union City you enter a "hostile" arena....Nothing was meant by it and nothing should be made of it....

last night was the 1st time that i had seen UC play...didn't really impress me...i was expecting some amazing team to come out and dominate the whole game like everyone on here said they would...didn't see it until the 4th quarter...coming out of the half...both teams looked lackadazicle (spelling)...and i saw the most random timeout i have ever seen called by sisco...UC made a 3 to go up by 3 i think it was and had a lot of momentum...then he called a timeout...but UC won...congrats...but nothing against UC but i was more scared of lake co. when we played them instead of UC...humboldt is able to beat UC...just have to play all 4 quarters...

last night was the 1st time that i had seen UC play...didn't really impress me...i was expecting some amazing team to come out and dominate the whole game like everyone on here said they would...didn't see it until the 4th quarter...coming out of the half...both teams looked lackadazicle (spelling)...and i saw the most random timeout i have ever seen called by sisco...UC made a 3 to go up by 3 i think it was and had a lot of momentum...then he called a timeout...but UC won...congrats...but nothing against UC but i was more scared of lake co. when we played them instead of UC...humboldt is able to beat UC...just have to play all 4 quarters...

"just have to play all 4 quarters"...There's the whole problem in a nutshell....They can't play the uptempo game Union City forces you to play for 32 minutes...They can for a spurt or two in a quarter or two,but not the whole game....I'm not understanding the lack of respect by you as far as the Tornadoes go...I believe I would be more worried about the team that has beaten me by 13 and 18 more than the one I beat by 9..Right now,and I'm sure this will change,but I'm more worried about the team UC will face in the sub-state than EITHER Humboldt or Lake County.....

I know Lake County fans are hanging their hats on the little spurt in the third quarter of the first game in Union City,but they are forgetting the 41-19 lead Union City held in the first half and the spurt UC put on Lake County when LC had cut the lead down to about 4 and UC ran it back to 10 in the fourth quarter....

Oh by the way frankieD12..I saw the most random timeout the night before in a my son's junior high game....Ridgemont had gone on a run coming out of half and took the lead...Our coach took a timeout just before we were about to make another steal...It gave South Fulton a break and let them get a breather...Killed the Mustangs momentum...Not a very good timeout...

"just have to play all 4 quarters"...There's the whole problem in a nutshell....They can't play the uptempo game Union City forces you to play for 32 minutes...They can for a spurt or two in a quarter or two,but not the whole game....I'm not understanding the lack of respect by you as far as the Tornadoes go...I believe I would be more worried about the team that has beaten me by 13 and 18 more than the one I beat by 9..Right now,and I'm sure this will change,but I'm more worried about the team UC will face in the sub-state than EITHER Humboldt or Lake County.....

I know Lake County fans are hanging their hats on the little spurt in the third quarter of the first game in Union City,but they are forgetting the 41-19 lead Union City held in the first half and the spurt UC put on Lake County when LC had cut the lead down to about 4 and UC ran it back to 10 in the fourth quarter....

Oh by the way frankieD12..I saw the most random timeout the night before in a my son's junior high game....Ridgemont had gone on a run coming out of half and took the lead...Our coach took a timeout just before we were about to make another steal...It gave South Fulton a break and let them get a breather...Killed the Mustangs momentum...Not a very good timeout...

im not trying to down the tornadoes...they are a great team...but i was expecting them to come in and just dominate the whole entire game which is not what i saw...but after seeing all 3 (humboldt, uc, and lake co.) play...UC is #1, but can be beaten by humboldt (2) or lake co (3)....which i believe humboldt will have more of a chance just because of the size down low...but lake co. can run in transition better than humboldt...so it's hard to say...but district tourney will prove everything...o and about that TO...really wasn't that great of a timeout...never know the outcome of them either though...it will usually help harness that momentum or will comepletely destroy it...

OC:

If our game environments are indeed "hostile" I suggest we as fans look for ways to correct this percieved/real behavior. Granted there is a general consensus among LC fans that there are generally a few adults we would just rather keep their mouths shut, but I think we can whittle them down to 5. (Except when biggster gets yelled at by the ref!) :D

Come on mightymac..show me a little love..lol..I usually do pretty good in most games..but when we play a U.C. or a Humboldt..I do get a little more into the game..But ..I was just telling him that he was calling everything against us..missed a goal-tend by Sain and called a touch foul on Sep..He heard me talking about that..But as the official was waiting at halfcourt for the teams to return to the court..the official was looking toward the other side and an older gentleman above me hollered out and he turned thinking it was me..I did say something earlier but not when he turned around..He just heard someone and I was the closest to him..And in a crowd..he probably thought it was me...But ..I'm glad we don't have to see any of those officials..Red said they were from the Jackson district..but I thought the woman and that same official had callled some of our tournament games..

Come on mightymac..show me a little love..lol..I usually do pretty good in most games..but when we play a U.C. or a Humboldt..I do get a little more into the game..But ..I was just telling him that he was calling everything against us..missed a goal-tend by Sain and called a touch foul on Sep..He heard me talking about that..But as the official was waiting at halfcourt for the teams to return to the court..the official was looking toward the other side and an older gentleman above me hollered out and he turned thinking it was me..I did say something earlier but not when he turned around..He just heard someone and I was the closest to him..And in a crowd..he probably thought it was me...But ..I'm glad we don't have to see any of those officials..Red said they were from the Jackson district..but I thought the woman and that same official had callled some of our tournament games..

Just givin ya a fun little nudge man :D

Let me know when you are in LC again and I will holler at the ref with ya :lol:

OC: thanks for the post man.

Yeah, UC will win by a lot more than 9.

Game stats from UC at Humboldt.....

Union City.....11......24.......25.......28.....=88

Humboldt......10......30.......16.......14.....=70

Union City Scoring.....

MJ Brown-19pts

J.Simpson-18pts

C.Allen-23pts

T.Wilkins-17pts

P.Polk-6pts

C.Callicott-3pts

R.Simpson-2pts

Humboldt Scoring......

Jackson-11pts

Epperson-14pts

Hunt-14pts

Wade-20pts

Sain-5pts

Taylor-4pts

Perry-2pts

Three point shots....

Union City-Allen(5),J.Simpson(3),MJ Brown(2),C.Callicott(1)

Humboldt-Wade(6),Jackson(3),Hunt(1)

who cares. go put it in your uc paper.

Standings for District 14A.....

Union City......11-0......18-3.....#2 Ranked in 1A

Lake County...9-2........15-5.....#4 Ranked in 1A

Humboldt........8-3........14-6.....#3 Ranked in 1A

Bradford........7-4........10-8

Dresden.........5-6........11-7

Peabody.........5-6........7-10

Greenfield.......4-7.........8-9

Halls...............4-7.........5-12

South Fulton....2-9........2-13