Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

You live in a small world, backinthaoc but that's ok. You make us all want to pull against Union City. You are motivating alot of teams not only in the district but statewide. I would suggest you let the boys play and just enjoy watching the game.

PS I do remember a few years back that Union City was unbeatable and ranked #1 in the state and got beat in the region tournament. I guess you forgot apout that year.

[/b]

You live in a small world if you honestly think anybody other than Humboldt and Lake Co. can play with Union City....Just look at what they've done with everybody else..

Union City has also won a state championship since they got beat in the regions in AA.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You live in a small world if you honestly think anybody other than Humboldt and Lake Co. can play with Union City....Just look at what they've done with everybody else..

Union City has also won a state championship since they got beat in the regions in AA.

lol they doooo have 3 losses this year...but i know i know they were from arkansas and wherever else they played and were 4 and 5a schools...UC is one of the best teams in west tn along with Liberty and Raleigh Egypt

You live in a small world, backinthaoc but that's ok. You make us all want to pull against Union City. You are motivating alot of teams not only in the district but statewide. I would suggest you let the boys play and just enjoy watching the game.

PS I do remember a few years back that Union City was unbeatable and ranked #1 in the state and got beat in the region tournament. I guess you forgot apout that year.

[/b]

GFFan...I know all about that....You are still making silly comparisons....I bet you didn't remember a few years back when UC won District 13AA and lost in the FIRST ROUND of the DISTRICT TOURNAMENT(Brighton)....But my friend,that was in AA....NOT 1A...Every team UC plays in this district besides Humboldt and Lake County are beat when they step on the court....Union City intimidates those teams..That may sound arrogant,but it's the truth...As far as motivation..Believe me,if these teams need motivation from a web-site,they are beat already...I was telling EVERYBODY on this WEBSITE LAST YEAR that Union City was going to win 1A and Marquis Weddle was going to win Mr. Basketball..Guess what??..They did...

Last year,I didn't have much respect for Humboldt or Lake County..Union City had beaten the Vikings 6 or 7 times in a row and Lake County had been easy "competition" for the Tornadoes for as long as I can remember....Near the end of the year I was having my doubts as to whether or not UC was going to win it all..But,I kept on telling everybody UC would win.....I'm not worried at all about motivating any team...Those guys that play for Union City know how good they are,Union City fans know how good they are...As far as respecting teams..Lake County and Humboldt have my respect,their fans have my respect...They don't make too many excuses when they lose.....The occasional "ref beat us" happens,but everybody does that....

I have said this before and I will say it again...I'm not at all worried whether you like Union City or not....I don't care if you like people that pull for Union City...Union City and it's fans are all about Gold Balls....And as Ricky Bobby says..."If you are not first..You are last"

It is a small world afterall.... :thumb:

lol they doooo have 3 losses this year...but i know i know they were from arkansas and wherever else they played and were 4 and 5a schools...UC is one of the best teams in west tn along with Liberty and Raleigh Egypt

Brentwood Academy....4 Time D.II Defending State Champions

St.Louis,Mo. Vashon....5A Mo....Defending State Champions

Warren Central,Ky.....4A Ky....State Champions 2004...Runner-Up 2005...6 straight Sweet Sixteen Participants

Nobody in 1A would beat those teams.....

I dont think that Union City will go undefeated in district play because there are some other good teams. There are 5 or 6 teams in the district that could beat Union City if Union City 1. has an off night or 2. the other team has a great night. Someone will knock them off.

UC will go undefeated in the district.The only 2 teams that are capapble of beating UC is Humboldt and Lake Co.Both are at their places and i see UC beating Humboldt by 15 and Lake Co by 10.Dont think that Humboldts guards are ready for the 32 minutes of pressure and Lake Co dont have a bench that they can rely on to give some starters a break.I dont know whats going on in LC,they are not applying the old Whitby press that give teams fits.Whitby is only applying token pressure and was really shocked when they ran the out of bounds play for Jackie Johnson to get foul late in the game Sat nite when they were up by 1 pt.Maybe Whitby is saving the Whitby press til tournament time.If Lake Co keep it a halfcourt game in the tournament with some of these teams,i dont see them making it to state.I see some one knocking them off with that style of ball.If they really get after some people with their all out press,i see them making it to state.As for the rankings,i think they will put Temple at 1,UC will be 2, Lake Co 5 and Humboldt will be 10.

Brentwood Academy....4 Time D.II Defending State Champions

St.Louis,Mo. Vashon....5A Mo....Defending State Champions

Warren Central,Ky.....4A Ky....State Champions 2004...Runner-Up 2005...6 straight Sweet Sixteen Participants

Nobody in 1A would beat those teams.....

BA is not that good this year. I believe there are several 1A teams that could beat them.

BA is not that good this year. I believe there are several 1A teams that could beat them.

Due to the style UC plays, Humboldt and Lake Co. are the only teams with the personnel capable of playing with UC...Humboldt with their size, speed, and newfound confidence, and Lake Co. with their speed and playmakers make them the only possible threat to UC...With how the previous matchups went, of course UC is favored to go undefeated through the district... but please believe me when I say that if UC does lose, it will be at Humboldt Friday night or at Lake Co. later in the season...

UC will go undefeated in the district.The only 2 teams that are capapble of beating UC is Humboldt and Lake Co.Both are at their places and i see UC beating Humboldt by 15 and Lake Co by 10.Dont think that Humboldts guards are ready for the 32 minutes of pressure and Lake Co dont have a bench that they can rely on to give some starters a break.I dont know whats going on in LC,they are not applying the old Whitby press that give teams fits.Whitby is only applying token pressure and was really shocked when they ran the out of bounds play for Jackie Johnson to get foul late in the game Sat nite when they were up by 1 pt.Maybe Whitby is saving the Whitby press til tournament time.If Lake Co keep it a halfcourt game in the tournament with some of these teams,i dont see them making it to state.I see some one knocking them off with that style of ball.If they really get after some people with their all out press,i see them making it to state.As for the rankings,i think they will put Temple at 1,UC will be 2, Lake Co 5 and Humboldt will be 10.

chipper...I'm of the belief in the first poll of a season you go with the defending champion if they start out strong....UC is defending state champions and unbeaten in 1A through 19 games.....They deserve the #1 ranking....Temple wasn't even in Murfreesboro last year....

chipper...I'm of the belief in the first poll of a season you go with the defending champion if they start out strong....UC is defending state champions and unbeaten in 1A through 19 games.....They deserve the #1 ranking....Temple wasn't even in Murfreesboro last year....

I agree 100% with that assessment. UC was #1 last year and they have done absolutely nothing and that includes those 3 losses to knock them off of that #1 status. If the pollsters don't see it that way they definitely need to leave that wine alone. :lol:

Humboldt should be slightly ahead of Lake County in the rankings based on the Viking win this past Friday night :lol: If the Falcons have a weakness it's the lack of an inside game and the Vikings made sure to pound the rock inside the paint and exploited LC's weakness. UC will be ranked #1 and should be as they've knocked off not only 1A but 2A teams in the West TN area.

Liberty/UC would be an old fashion shootout but that would be the only team that UC would have matchup problems with in West TN :lol:

UC will win this 14A district(easily) and march back to the BORO with little or no problem B)

Purple and Gold could bring home another GOLD trophy :lol: