Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

I was also looking to meet Red,Bigster,and Back in the OC last nite at the game.Seen Bigster down there talking to the referee after he mentioned who he was.That was a goal tend.The ball hit the backboard first and then Sain blocked it.Lake Co has to come out ready to play not just in big games but every game.Geanes has to play smarter on the court and not pick up these fouls.He has to be on the court if Lake is to go deep in the tournament.Lake also dont have a deep bench that Whitby doesnt trust some of the players he put on the bench.Going to need that bench come tournament time.

Humboldt had a good game plan last nite and i thought they executed it well last nite.Good to see u back on here Red 16.I honestly didnt think that the big lineup was going to work for Humboldt.Thought that Whitby would have all out full court press them and really get after the guards.Sain and Epperson had good games and also Deandre Perry.Hunt was great with beating the press and getting in the lane and making good passes to the big guys for layups.Also thought that Lake Co played Humboldts pace and that benefitted the big men for Humboldt.Also Red,y has Cordero Wades playing time really decreased?He didnt get in until the 3rd quarter,and when he got in was cold from sitting so long.

I agree with Back in the OC,that if UC get u down like last time,that i dont believe Humboldt will come back this time.I am looking for UC to win this one by 15.I think the big lineup will hurt Humboldt.I know the 1-2-2 will give us problems when humboldt is able to get into it,but i see UC getting a lot of turnovers off of there full court press.The breakneck pace will get to Humboldt and wear them down,and dont think the big men will be able to keep up.Humboldt will have to hit some jump shots Friday,unlike they did last nite.Look forward to a good game with a tournament atmoshere Friday.

Also will be at the Fulton Co,Lake Co game tonite with 007.Hope to see u there tonite Bigster.

Wade has been struggling from the field...He had been the only 3 point threat we really had and since he hasn't been all that consistent as of late, I guess Coach Boykin felt it was better to play the bigger guys...I do think they will need Wade to play well if they want to make a run at the 'Boro...Oh, and I strongly disagree with your predicton, but hey...That's what these boards are for...Good luck to both teams Friday...

Edited by red_16

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask Lake Co. if Humboldt is capable of beating UC...Lake Co. had UC within 4 points late in the 4th...I'm very confident in saying Lake Co can beat UC...That being said, it's obvious Humboldt is also capable of beating them...This team isn't the same team you saw earlier in the season...They don't play the same style, they have changed up their personnel a little bit, and they seem to be buying into what the Humboldt coaches are trying to accomplish...I kno that Humboldt coaching has taken some knocks on here, but I think they've done a good job as of late in making the necessary adjustments with the lineup and the defense in order to let this team play to their strengths..

Edited by red_16

Why is it that I can't argue with anyone about the LC - Hblt game. Dang it, I hate agrreeing with everyone :P

Bigster: Way to get yelled at man! I was sitting over your right shoulder.

Anyway.

Why does it seem to me that whitby never has a plan going into a game?

We knew how UC played before we showed up. But two quarters later we are still playing around trying to figure out what the heck is going on! Same thing at Humbolt. Do we not watch game tape? Read the paper?

LC had better get their stuff together.

I think UC CAN be beat by both LC and Humbolt, but I am not confident they will.

Humbolt won't beat UC at UC. LC won't be ready with a plan to beat UC at LC. I will concede we just may be outcoached.

Why is it that I can't argue with anyone about the LC - Hblt game. Dang it, I hate agrreeing with everyone :P

Bigster: Way to get yelled at man! I was sitting over your right shoulder.

Anyway.

Why does it seem to me that whitby never has a plan going into a game?

We knew how UC played before we showed up. But two quarters later we are still playing around trying to figure out what the heck is going on! Same thing at Humbolt. Do we not watch game tape? Read the paper?

LC had better get their stuff together.

I think UC CAN be beat by both LC and Humbolt, but I am not confident they will.

Humbolt won't beat UC at UC. LC won't be ready with a plan to beat UC at LC. I will concede we just may be outcoached.

Like I said last night, Give Coach Whitby a computer so he can get on coacht and learn some valuable advise.

I dont think that Union City will go undefeated in district play because there are some other good teams. There are 5 or 6 teams in the district that could beat Union City if Union City 1. has an off night or 2. the other team has a great night. Someone will knock them off.

There is not six teams in the entire state in 1A that can beat UC....Two that could are in 14A...If anybody other than LC or Humboldt beat Union City in this district I would be SHOCKED....

Lets start with:

1. Bradford. beat Humboldt by 23, (they could beat Union City)

2. Dresden. beat Bradford by 30. (they could beat Union City)

3. Halls. Beat Dresden. (they could beat Union City)

4. Trenton beat Halls. (they could beat Union City)

5. Lake Couty

6. Humboldt

Any one of these six teams have proved to me that they can play with anyone else in our district. I'm sure if I was a Union City fan, I'd think we were unbeatable to. Let me remind you of Obion befor last night, they looked unbeatable.

It could happen.

You are comparing watermelons and grapes when talking about Westview-OC with any team UC plays in District 14A other than Lake County and Humboldt...

Bradford..Played as well as they could for 2 1/2 quarters at Bradford....

Union City won 90-58....

Halls...Halls played UC pretty tough in two regular season games last year...Since then Union City has trounced Halls....By 30 points in the tournament last year and by 40...89-49 this year...Halls is a non-factor against UC....

Trenton...Union City had no problem at all against Trenton in Trenton earlier in the year...UC won that game 103-69....

Dresden...Union City beat the Lions rather handily,to put it mildly,earlier this season....Union City won that game 119-79

Humboldt and Lake County are the only teams in this district that have a shot at beating the Tornadoes...The closest anybody has come to beating UC in this district was a 90-81 game against Lake County and a 84-71 game against Humboldt....Union City held double digit leads in both those games...

Here is a look at the upcoming games for Union City,Lake County and Humboldt...

Union City(16-3)(9-0) vs Halls(6-10)(4-4)...1st Meeting..UC-89-Halls-49

Union City at Humboldt(12-5)(7-2)...1st Meeting....UC-84-Humboldt-71

Humboldt at Trenton Peabody(6-7)(4-4)*....1st Meeting H'boldt-103-TB-69...2nd Meeting H'boldt-97-TB-60

Humboldt at Gibson Co....1st Meeting H'boldt-65-GC-50..2nd Meeting...H'Boldt-60-GC-77

Humboldt vs Union City

Lake County(13-4)(6-2) vs Gleason(1-14)(0-9)....1st Meeting.. LC-56-Gleason-31

Lake County vs Dresden(10-5)(5-4)...1st Meeting..LC-73-Dresden-59

*Trenton's record is pending a score from the Greenfield game last Friday nite...Anybody know the score or who won??.....

The first AP Poll top 10 should come out this week....Where do you think the District 14A teams will be ranked??....

I think Union City will be ranked #1(defending champions and haven't been beaten by a 1A team this season)....

Lake County will probably be #3 behind Temple....I think LC would be a solid choice for #2,but state-wide I imagine Temple will get the nod....

Humboldt will probably be around #6 with their losses to Middleton,Bradford and Union City in 1A .....

Here is a look at the upcoming games for Union City,Lake County and Humboldt...

Union City(16-3)(9-0) vs Halls(6-10)(4-4)...1st Meeting..UC-89-Halls-49

Union City at Humboldt(12-5)(7-2)...1st Meeting....UC-84-Humboldt-71

Humboldt at Trenton Peabody(6-7)(4-4)*....1st Meeting H'boldt-103-TB-69...2nd Meeting H'boldt-97-TB-60

Humboldt at Gibson Co....1st Meeting H'boldt-65-GC-50..2nd Meeting...H'Boldt-60-GC-77

Humboldt vs Union City

Lake County(13-4)(6-2) vs Gleason(1-14)(0-9)....1st Meeting.. LC-56-Gleason-31

Lake County vs Dresden(10-5)(5-4)...1st Meeting..LC-73-Dresden-59

*Trenton's record is pending a score from the Greenfield game last Friday nite...Anybody know the score or who won??.....

The first AP Poll top 10 should come out this week....Where do you think the District 14A teams will be ranked??....

I think Union City will be ranked #1(defending champions and haven't been beaten by a 1A team this season)....

Lake County will probably be #3 behind Temple....I think LC would be a solid choice for #2,but state-wide I imagine Temple will get the nod....

Humboldt will probably be around #6 with their losses to Middleton,Bradford and Union City in 1A .....

*Trenton beat Greenfield but I do not know the official final score

Have you been hacking into my computer? :lol: I don't know how the other pollsters will vote but here's my ballot for Week 1

1. Union City 16-3

2. Temple 15-1

3. Lake Co. 12-4

4. Culleoka 13-5

5. Humboldt 12-5

6. Jackson Co. 13-5

7. Dresden 10-5

8. Pickett Co. 13-5

9. Richland 13-5

10. Grace Chr. 15-0

The battle for #4 in 14A is going to be interesting. Right now I favor Dresden but Bradford is improving and the two play Tuesday night.

You are comparing watermelons and grapes when talking about Westview-OC with any team UC plays in District 14A other than Lake County and Humboldt...

You live in a small world, backinthaoc but that's ok. You make us all want to pull against Union City. You are motivating alot of teams not only in the district but statewide. I would suggest you let the boys play and just enjoy watching the game.

PS I do remember a few years back that Union City was unbeatable and ranked #1 in the state and got beat in the district tournament. I guess you forgot apout that year.

It could happen again.

Edited by Greenfieldfan