Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

Can someone from Lake County explain the score with Gleason last nite??...51-37??...Did Lake County even play the starters??..First meeting was 56-31....

Well what i heard was Lake Co. Started some freshmen but they did put the starters in the 2nd quarter but i dont know how long they played..Im not sure whats going on in Lake Co..I heard when the starters were in there they were just jacking around but im not for sure about that either..Thats all the info i have on that.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm smelling another upsettttttttttttttttttttttttttt....Humboldt has no solid perimeter shooters so if we stack our defense down in the post like last time hopefully we'll pull another win..I do expect this to be closer...GC by 7 :blink:

Ask Lake Co how well their zone worked against Humboldt. Sain would get the ball at the foul line and take it to the basket. He would either get fouled or make the basket or make the basket and get fouled both. Sain and Epperson will make it a different game this time. Trenton tried to do what Gibson Co and Bradford both did and it didnt work and Trenton beat both Gibson Co and Bradford. Humboldt will be ready for Gibson Co.

Ask Lake Co how well their zone worked against Humboldt. Sain would get the ball at the foul line and take it to the basket. He would either get fouled or make the basket or make the basket and get fouled both. Sain and Epperson will make it a different game this time. Trenton tried to do what Gibson Co and Bradford both did and it didnt work and Trenton beat both Gibson Co and Bradford. Humboldt will be ready for Gibson Co.

Trenton nor does Bradford have the coach to coach the matchup zone such as Butch Hopkins...he's coached it all of his life...trust me compare the GC and Trenton teams but you can't compare how 2 different teams match up against a team like Humboldt...Trenton has gotten beaten by like 40 and 33 and 12 against Humboldt...GC lost to Humboldt the first time by 15 and beat them the second time by 17 in what should have been a bigger margin if we would've hit our free throws..like I said Humboldt has NOOOO perimeter shooters and they live and die by how E.J. and Derek play..if their off the whole team is...see you tomorrow night!! have a safe trip to GC!!! :blink:

Trenton nor does Bradford have the coach to coach the matchup zone such as Butch Hopkins...he's coached it all of his life...trust me compare the GC and Trenton teams but you can't compare how 2 different teams match up against a team like Humboldt...Trenton has gotten beaten by like 40 and 33 and 12 against Humboldt...GC lost to Humboldt the first time by 15 and beat them the second time by 17 in what should have been a bigger margin if we would've hit our free throws..like I said Humboldt has NOOOO perimeter shooters and they live and die by how E.J. and Derek play..if their off the whole team is...see you tomorrow night!! have a safe trip to GC!!! :thumb:

Granted Humboldt has their weaknesses and perimeter shooting is one of them. Must be coaches wont allow it. Still think Humboldt will handle Gibson Co differently tomorrow. Ill be there. Good luck

OC, you were asking about the LC score , easy to explain, typical Whitby against a weaker opponent. Starting five Were Patrick Robertson Fr. , Carlos Young So., Josh Bledsoe So., Russel Avery So. and Treymane Abbott Jr. Springer and the normal starters did not come in until the 2nd period. Even then he had some subs with them. The kids had NO focus. I feel because they felt no threat from Gleason they played backyard ball. At times it looked like open gym night at the high school. Channin Geanes was not at the game last night but will be back for Dresden Friday and Middle College Sat.

Yeah, Wardawg is pretty much on it. Springer showed up with a mohawk.

Not that I cared how much we beat gleason by, but I wish guys would take the game more seriously. Or at least let the fans know that they don't give a crap so we can stop getting our hopes up and save some gas money.

Personally, I don't think Humbolt will win at LC, in fact I am looking at LC by at least 15. I think we came out looking for an easy win last week.

But witht the way we are playing:

Shooting less than 50%

No rebounding

Stupid fouls

We get our butts handed to us by UC.

LC has to get their heads out of their keesters.

Still cheering my falcons though...

Just asking...The two losses the Vikings suffered recently plus this game against Trenton it has been noted that the opposing team has shot extremely well...I wonder if that is coincidence or lack of defense....If it's a lack of defense,there is something wrong somewhere.....Union City shot well against Humboldt in their first meeting and it was because of a lack of perimeter defense by Humboldt..UC rarely attempted a shot with a hand in their face.....

The reason they shot lights out was because they were wide open (Bradford and Gibson Co.)...Union City saw the same defense that these two teams did...The downside of that half-court trap is that if you can find a way to break it, you can find some easy perimeter shots...GC and Bradford knocked it down all night....Since the Bradford game, Humboldt has gone to a 3-2 defense and rarely goes to the half court trap...They went to it some during the game last night...Trenton is a team that in the past hasn't been able to take advantage of it.....Humboldt also changed up their offensive look and it has made them a completely different team...Perry is coming on strong and has played well for Humboldt...Hunt has started to knock down that mid-range jumper with consistency and drives almost at will...Parham is also able to penetrate rather easily and Sain and Epperson are playing well...They are also getting positive minutes from Cordero Wade (2 three pointers last night), Charles Taylor, Tevin Crayton, and Odell Jackson...As for the Trenton game, most of their shots were with a hand in their face...They hit most of them in the first half, but only 1 in the second..

GC won't be able to take the open three pointer tomorrow night and they w on't be able to just pack it in on Humboldt...Crockett Co., Lake Co., and Trenton all tried it and Humboldt has found a way to break it down with great interior passing...They're a scary team right now and I'm thinking they are most definitely headed in the right direction..

The reason they shot lights out was because they were wide open (Bradford and Gibson Co.)...Union City saw the same defense that these two teams did...The downside of that half-court trap is that if you can find a way to break it, you can find some easy perimeter shots...GC and Bradford knocked it down all night....Since the Bradford game, Humboldt has gone to a 3-2 defense and rarely goes to the half court trap...They went to it some during the game last night...Trenton is a team that in the past hasn't been able to take advantage of it.....Humboldt also changed up their offensive look and it has made them a completely different team...Perry is coming on strong and has played well for Humboldt...Hunt has started to knock down that mid-range jumper with consistency and drives almost at will...Parham is also able to penetrate rather easily and Sain and Epperson are playing well...They are also getting positive minutes from Cordero Wade (2 three pointers last night), Charles Taylor, Tevin Crayton, and Odell Jackson...As for the Trenton game, most of their shots were with a hand in their face...They hit most of them in the first half, but only 1 in the second..

GC won't be able to take the open three pointer tomorrow night and they w on't be able to just pack it in on Humboldt...Crockett Co., Lake Co., and Trenton all tried it and Humboldt has found a way to break it down with great interior passing...They're a scary team right now and I'm thinking they are most definitely headed in the right direction..

I don't know about right direction red_16...They are 3-3 in their last 6 games...They just beat Trenton by 14 in their last game,which by most is a pretty big margin....But considering Humboldt beat them by 38 and 37 in their two previous meetings..Not that big a margin.....

I agree Humboldt is dangerous,especially at home,but they are not near the team right now they were last year....

:thumb:

I don't know about right direction red_16...They are 3-3 in their last 6 games...They just beat Trenton by 14 in their last game,which by most is a pretty big margin....But considering Humboldt beat them by 38 and 37 in their two previous meetings..Not that big a margin.....

I agree Humboldt is dangerous,especially at home,but they are not near the team right now they were last year....

Ignore the GC and Bradford games...You will see the improvement tonight when Humboldt lights up GC...I'm mainly talking about from the Crockett Co. game forward...That's when they changed up the defense, that's when they changed up the lineup, and that's when it seemed to just click...Even though they lost to a very good Crockett Co. team at Crockett in overtime, you could tell it was a different team...There was a lot of intensity and you could tell from the tip that this was a different team...With Trenton and Humboldt being such big rivals, you can't expect Humboldt to blow them out everytime they play them... Humboldt and Trenton really don't like each other and Trenton was PUMPED for that game...They came out, got some momentum, hit a few shots and got on a roll...If I hadn't been looking at the scoreboard, I would've thought Humboldt was losing by atleast 10 at the end of the first and atleast 15 at halftime, but Humboldt was only down 1 at the end of the first and was up 4 at the half...One sign of a good team is being able to keep the game close when another team is on their "A" game and seems like they can't miss...Humboldt held off Trenton's best effort at their place with their crowd behind them and still won by 14....Trust me, the team that GC sees tonight and the team UC sees tomorrow night will be nothing like before

How will UC do in Humboldt on Friday night?? :thumb:

Do they still have some players banged up?? :thumb:

The Vikings may do what they did to Lake Co. and pound the ball inside on UC who will in turn try to run them out of the gym :o

[/quote/]

Union City is going to kill HUmboldt again!... HUmboldt might dunk a few times but Union City is goin to knock down threes all night with the great cedric allen and mj brown playin. Pat Polk is goin to shut Epperson and saine down low. HUmboldts gaurds cant hang with union citys.. differnce in the game