for all Temple fans, parents and players. His opinion

is his only and many of us find him offensive. Don't judge

all by his opinions.

What is it exactly that you find offensive? :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silverdale Crusaders, People may be surprised.

It could very well be a good way for privates to get a gold ball and attract new students. Business is business as we all know. Then theres the publics doing sort of the same thing with no assigned school zones. Is it fair to the assigned schools that are zoned? You be the judge. Consider the other schools being locked by zoning, before you make this judgment. It should be fair across the board if they are to compete together dont you think?

On another note it is rumored there is going to be some seniors that are coming out for GV football this year. One being the younger brother of graduated GV stars. Amazing what a promising team will attract within the school. Spring practice in GV will be interesting to say the least. Maybe GV will dress out 50 or 60 this year. Not like they are fence jumpers. Or, like Alcoa puts it. Paying tuition students. :lol:Alcoa is almost able to qualify for 1A and dress out 90. ;)

I think you have to announce the new football coach at the banquet.

Doesn't take away from this years team. Maybe if it was some new guy or something but please move on...

Some people at Temple want to build a team for the future. (although they better start putting their money where their mouth is) I think it was a good move. You have everyone there. Everyone knows, everyone hears the same thing.

I think you have to announce the new football coach at the banquet.

Doesn't take away from this years team. Maybe if it was some new guy or something but please move on...

Some people at Temple want to build a team for the future. (although they better start putting their money where their mouth is) I think it was a good move. You have everyone there. Everyone knows, everyone hears the same thing.

From the outside, it seems the uproar over announcing the new coach at the banquet is from those who don't care about the future of the program or at least are acting as if they don't.

Many of you "posters" who are obviously parents or students, your comments alone are disrespectful towards Dr. Pearson. If you truly respected Dr. Pearson or the school you are a parent in or the Lord whom you profess to follow, then you would not use this forum as a place to speak out negatively rather you would use this forum as a place to promote positive things and encouraging things. Although Pastures posts are opinionated, his are at least more objective and supportive of our school, the fans, parents and players than yours. More people are "judging" our school on comments like yours. Why can't you be more supportive of the school you are part of? If you have a problem don't smear on here. Do the right thing and go talk to Dr. Pearson. Your negativism on here does nothing but hurt the school. Before you respond take a moment to read Matthew 18:15-18 and James 3:5-6,9.

I would like to encourage those parents and students who were there and who have a more positive outlook on Temple to "post" up. Why should we let a few bitter people ruin things for us? I'll begin.

Decorations were top notch.

Speaker was awesome. Thunderfoot Weaver! NFL record holder. Top that!

Coach Kell drove all the way from Dalton dispite having food poisoning. That shows how much he believes and plans to be a part of our program.

Awards given to the players were nice.

Signed Nike 2000 footballs in case for all the coaches. Priceless.

Professional video highlights.

Just to name a few.

That's right the 7 underclassmen that were there last night deserve some credit I guess! You really have to be kidding, to think that the underclassmen that are returning to Temple next year had anything at all to do with the success of this season. None of them had any significant playing time. None. So yes i do think that announcing the head coach for next season last night was uncalled for and it should not have happened. I feel sorry for the players for next year because Im not sure the coach or the administration realizes what they are getting themselves in to.

If you played on the team you are part of the success regardless of playing time. All contributions count in a TEAM sport. The back-ups suffered through the same hot summer, the same two-a-days and the pounding from the starters. Obviously you have never tried coaching a team that did not have enough players to line up a full 11 across from the starters. You have to have them or the starters don't get better and the team suffers. I don't care about how the coaches were anounced because IMO it doesn't matter but no need to dog the second teamers.

Edited by zonepirate

Zone, I wanted to be sure and mention how much I enjoyed meeting you at the Friendship game and also some of the other guys. I passed a guy the other day at the TVA building that looked just like you but he did not have the black hat and the orange "P"

I think I would pay money to find out who "Slick Rick" is.

Enjoyed meeting you too. Wasn't me at the TVA building. I just wish I had one of those cushy jobs :thumb: . I would kick in a few bucks to know who ole slick Richard is too.

Wow, seems this controversy has caused alot of animosity in the ranks. This football program needs some stability. I would think if the program can't find stability. It's always going to be a one yr. "Cinderella" every now & then on the football field. There must be stability with the Basketball program :lol: .

I can see how it may look like there is a lot of animosity in the ranks but it really is more of a few disgruntle people getting on here and saying about people what they lack the character to say to people. The truth is that the school is overwhelmingly in unity, moving in the same direction.

Some of the people who are posting negatively on here are operating out of the fear of loss of control and influence. Some either wanted certain jobs themselves or wanted them for family members. Since they lack the guts to be open about what they want or how they feel, they get on here and vent their poison.

They have just as much right to get on here and be negative and post their opinions, just like me, and everyone else. To me it really is not so much animosity as it is growing pains and people trying to process change. There are a ton of changes going on at Temple right now and I think that everyone, to some degree, is feeling the pressure. We lost the administrator from last year, Dr. Hunt who had been with the school better than 30 years. Dr. Pearson refers to herself as "headmaster" and that is a change. She has a different leadership style and a different personality. No problem. Coach Wadley left the school after 20 plus years. His replacement, Bob Hall is as nice a guy as you can meet but is trying to basically do about four jobs right now. Skogen and Beard resigned. Seth Wadley left. Joey is leaving. There is talk about Mitch leaving and others. Rob Eldridge is working really hard and taking a lot of flak over some of the stuff he is trying to do. I could go on but I do not need to. There is just a lot of change being thrown at us real fast and hard and we all respond to it differently. I really do not fault the guys getting on here and being negative. It may be therapeutic for them and help them process the change. I remember zonepirate saying to me at the FCS game to not believe anything you read on coacht and he could have added that maybe, at least, not take anything too seriously.

Have a great day.