Sorry Coacht T, but somebody was going to post this anyways

McNine4MVP

For you outsiders that don’t know the history here is just a few written samples from ravenwood and I an tell you much worse was said and taunted at smyrnas players after the 1st game by ravenwood fans on the field.

ACTUAL QUOTES FROM RAVENWOOD PRIOR TO THE CHAMIONSHIP GAME

‘I enjoyed every second of beating a team that you grow to hate”

“Watch out #17(and the rest of the team) u dont kno whatcha got commin! Our fans might scare u off again!”

“ummm.... to josh. you could not have "changed" your sportsman ship that fast. but good try. our fans hate you regardless and whether you want it or not we will FOR SURE get into your head AGAIN. so watch out and as you say when your kissing butt..”

“our fans are much louder.... ask Josh, he would know’

His is no worse than yours...(rich snobby people),,,at least his was ment to be a joke.....and anyway...the kids aren't rich and snobby...just us parents...duh!

I wouldn't worry about apologizing to Smyrna people, they can take it. They can get as low as anybody.

Top ten petty differences between Ravenwood fans and Smyrna fans:

1. Our houses don't have wheels

2. We don't get paid in cigarettes

3. We have belts and know how to wear them

4. We apply sunscreen to protect our neck instead of growing a mullet

5. Our family trees have branches

6. Our cheers don't start with "Hey Ya'll, watch-is"

7. We are not snobs...keep it up and we will make you work the 3rd shift!

8. We don't sell our cars to settle bar tabs

9. Our shirts all have the sleeves attached

10. WE BELIEVE more than they do!!

Yeah like he didn't worry about us last game when we were in the stands.....like we didn't get into his head before the game and made him lose focus and lose his temper after every play...

I'm sorry but you cant teach an old dog new tricks...so we might as well start getting in his head early

Get the point now!

They can dish it out but they can’t take it

The little angels

by the way the article in the paper--- I bet the lady is furious she thought she would get a one sided hack job on smyrna but the article actually made ravenwood look worse and sound like sore losers even ronnie carter said in the article the hats were over in front of ravenwoods fans ( i would say he is unbiased)and he saw ravewood fans throwing stuff.

Edited by 82cat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents from an unbiased football fan.......

A sore loser and an arrogant as all get out winner are about equal in my book.

Both schools are on the borderline of embarassing and pathetic in their actions last week and this week. If I thought the people involved were kids I wouldn't mind, but sadly enough I think many adults have posted on this thread. No wonder the kids at their respective schools might act the way the other school claims as it is quite easy to see where they learned it.

Get over what happened. Both of you had a good season. Now grow up.

"I NEVER in a million years would have thought I'd say this, but Ravenwood fans have stooped lower than their neighbor Bruins on arrogance. "

Arrogance? OUCH! Mc9, are we that bad? A little sympathy please. Whereas the rest of you only have to put up with R'wood once or twice a year, we get it year round. At least we got it year round. I would hope that the Finals loss and this year's 19-16 victory in the Battle of the Woods will silence the "We still own you" chants that were endured all last year.

Was at the Final game and like everyone else, I was amazed that the team ran to R'wood side of the field. I'd been reading the posts and knew that emotions were running high, but never would of expected that. I didn't see any obscene gestures from my vantage point but I did see things thrown out of the stands at the players on the field. Somehow that mom in the newspaper failed to see (or mention) that.

just to let all of you know it is the ravenwood FANS that are crying about all of this..the ravenwood football players had nothing to do with this..when the game was over most of teh smyrna players went directly over to the rhs student section..classless..ravenwood fans said some things and did somethings that provoked it all year..classless as well..the rhs football players are upset but they had the upmost respect for shs..quote from a rhs player "their team and their fans had a lot more to cheer about."

But when you are STATE CHAMPIONS you should act like STATE CHAMPIONS not a bunch of goons and thugs. It doesn't matter if you have never been there you should know how to behave in public.

GOONS and THUGS???. You make is sound like Smyrna took baseball bats and rushed into the crowd beating the old ladies and children. Perhaps you meant to say "poor taste", or "perhaps they could have been more considerate". Kids will be kids, particularly when it sounds like the Ravenwood kids could have been more considerate when Smyrna was at their house. What goes around, comes around.

Top ten petty differences between Ravenwood fans and Smyrna fans:

You know for someone who is trying to prove that Ravenwood is the bad guys here, you’ve proved that at least one Smyrna fan (that would be you) has absolutely no class at all. You may have been trying to be funny, but its anything but funny.

Edited by oknative

I think people from both sides should just shut up.

I couldn't agree more. In the regular season game Smyrna was asking for trouble and Ravenwood gave it to them. In Saturday's game Ravenwood was asking for trouble and Smyrna gave it back to them. Both sides are at fault here. 82cat, you can post all the crap you want about Ravenwood but you know it went both ways. And finally, no Ravenwood fans are whining about it- they know they were part of the problem and everyone knows Smyrna deserved the win. People were simply making statements about Smyrna's behavior after the game. They weren't saying that Ravenwood fans had perfect behavior. I arrived at the stadium shortly before the game started and I can honestly say that I never heard any vulgar cheers during the whole game by the Ravenwood fans. Lastly, I just wanted to say that the Raptors getting to State was not a fluke- beating four talented teams on the road shows something. They deserve to be the runners-up just as Smyrna deserves to be the champs.

And oknative, the regular season game wasn't at Ravenwood. It was at Smyrna for their homecoming.

My coworker told me that the Ravenwood students were tailgating at Brentwood and were throwing food on the school roof top. Wonder what the Ravenwood parents would say knowing that their little angels arent perfect and act like thugs at other schools? Oh I forgot they do no wrong. HEY Ravenwood YOU LOST GET OVER IT!!!! Notice how they don't really talk about the game. It was a fluke that Ravenwood went to state they didn't belong there and the lopsided game is proof of it.

Why do we have to keep on bringing up threads about this? The point is teenagers are teenagers, we make mistakes and sometimes let our emotions get the best of this. It wasn't just Ravenwood's fault nor just Smyrna's fault. Both sides had a dog in the fight. And also the whole "It was a fluke that Ravenwood even went to state. They didn't belong there" is a very hurtful comment to every RHS football player so I hope they don't read this thread. They worked their tails off to get as far as they did, and I think they rightfully deserved getting State. Does that mean I think we should've won? No. Smyrna was obviously the better team Saturday night, and it would've been wrong if they lost because they played a heck of a game compared to us. Can we please end this argument?

I do NOT have a dog in this hunt, but I MUST comment on the chant Ravenwood has of "KILL,KILL,KILL". I would respectfully ask that you do NOT use it. This is coming from a person that has had friends permanately injured playing this game over the years. By permanately injured they are NOT walking anymore. One in fact committed suicide two years after his accident that paralyzed him from the waist down.

I know y'all do not really want someone killed, but it is disturbing to some of us.

Just had to get that off my chest. Thank You.

last post on this

i certainly don't recommend what smyrna did but it occured because of 2 things

the hats were on ravenwoods side right in front of the ravenwood fans ( read the tennessean article and note that is exactly what ronnie carter said)

neither side was innocent ravenwood fans said some personal things about smyrna after last game and before and during last game and they kno what they said

however

2 wrongs don't make a right but I just don't want it left out there like smyrna just did this for no reason

time to move on

by the way I was on the sideline and never heard a harsh word between the players period